Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

How did Brian qualify a one of the Krakoan champions? Did he get retconned as a mutant?

This issue was good, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    How did Brian qualify a one of the Krakoan champions? Did he get retconned as a mutant?
    Technically, they're not Krakoa's champions, they're Otherworld's.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    He's not a krakoan Champion. He's an Otherworld Champion. Most are just from Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Thoughts: Alright two nitpick things I have to get off my mind is the colorist Nolan Woodard did not get the Captain Britain suit correct or Betsy’s hair but moving on.

Thoughts: This colorist really needs to look at references. Saturnyne’s jewels being red bugs me but that’s just the nitpicks.
    Continuity aside, the coloring here was way better than on most past Excalibur issues. Coloring in general has been a weak spot for DoX.

Thirst intensifies in the Starlight Citadel.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The use of Jamie's CBC in this issue and the issue in which they were created feel like so much padding to make the series line up better with the event. It's not that it doesn't make sense to me, just that it's kind of pointless filler. And in a series where so much stuff has been happening off panel, there are better ways to use that space.
    I agree with this assessment 100% I enjoyed the issue overall but....
    the CBC plot seems completely irrelevant to what's going on and takes up valuable issue/panel/page space that could have been better utilised to add to the XoS plot and character motivations.
    So far...all the XoS issues have been laser-focused on the importance of/acquiring the swords...in Excalibur we have to deal with Jamie (not a sword-bearer) and his side plot-devices...why?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

As usual this book continues to be subpar and convoluted but I like the design for Brian and hope he survives this event.

>Beautiful art.
    >Fabulous Sinister cape.
    >Frustrating Betsy. She comes off as a spoiled child who is used to taking what she wants and refusing to give it up. She'd rather steal power than just give up the Amulet of Right and take up the Sword of Might. How Colonial. She hasn't earned being Captain Britain and she doesn't deserve it as evidenced by her selfish behaviour. Like the Sword of Might is beneath her, Ms. Killing Gets Me Off. I really hope this series ends after XoS.
    >Free Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee! They don't deserve being background characters in this fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

All this time I've been distracted by my dislike of Rogue and Gambit's characterizations that I didn't realize how much I also dislike Betsy's. Jamie was kind of entertaining, though, and I liked the art for the most part.
    Make Good Art

I think one thing I dislike about Howard's take is that she is really leaning into the entitled aspect of Betsy that's never really been shown before IMO.

From her interviews she's really not having Betsy take ownership of anything and running from her problems. It's been a long time since Mystery in Madripoor and I think she should have already work out everything by now and be comfortable in the body that she created for herself.

Also I still don't understand why she needs or wants the Captain Britain title so much. Even though others have said that its clear in Tini Howards story telling. I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Free Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee! They don't deserve being background characters in this fiasco.
    This! Can't wait to see them saved from Excalibur!

BANNED

I liked this! And it was beautiful. Wish the siblings could stay amicable. Would be a powerhouse trio. Love the CB lore.

People saying things like they hope Excalibur ends after XoS, or that they hope a new creative team takes over, reminds me that not as much people read the solicits as you might think.

Well...I really liked this issue when the reveals came in. Before, I was very confused and frustrated with Betsy being so humiliated (by Saturnyne and Tini).

I like that the twins figured out she wanted to drift them apart with her prophecy and made a plan. Love the 3 siblings together and the art was better then To's.

I just don't like Betsy being so attached to the mantle. She's so powerful on her own as a mutant. I really wish Tini will stop writing her after this event and Betsy gets back on being "just"a mutant.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 10-21-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...