Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #50.LR Discussion + Spoiler Thread

Greetings, all!

So, this issue ended up being a LOT more important than we initially thought, which is slightly annoying but the issue was good, so I don't mind.

The Review: Nick Spencer and Matthew Rosenberg continue to deliver a solid story, filling in some gaps from issue #50. They do a great job of delving into Osborn's psychology and his new motivations, and provide good suspense. The art was superb by Federico Vicentini - he's a wonderful mix of Ottley and Ramos, and I wish he would stay the main artist on the regular book. Overall, I'm excited for where the story goes from here! Verdict: A-

SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    This issue begins with Osborn doing his therapy session with Dr. Kafka. Norman explains that he remembers everything and feels horrible about his life as the Green Goblin. Meanwhile, we surprisingly switch over to Peter's POV, during the submarine battle with the Order of the Web. Kindred starts speaking through Julia Carpenter and Peter recognizes the voice. The battle goes sideways and the submarine is flooded. Back to Osborn and Kafka, who asks him to clarify what he meant when he said Kindred was his son. Norman confirms that it's Harry, and feels regret for how he treated him his entire life and claims he knows what he's going to do next. He states that he wants to hold Harry and have his little boy back, to stave off the anger inside of him. Back to Peter, who is running himself ragged trying to save the Order. He brings them out and collapses, allowing Kindred/Anya to poison him with a hundred spiders' venom (eww). He goads Peter into finding him alone and then leaves with the Order. Back to Kafka, who's moved by Norman's confession that she wants to help him reconnect with Harry. But she suggests somebody come in between them to better help communicate. Cut to the airport, where we see a woman getting off a plane. She says she's just visiting, but we see the woman is none other than Mary Jane Watson!
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I haven't read it yet but saw the ending. I hope the return is explained considering where we last saw this character.

BANNED

spoilers:
    MJ as intermediary between Norman and Harry would be interesting...and weird.

The last time these three characters were in a story, or panel together is way back in the Drug Trilogy.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    spoilers:

The last time these three characters were in a story, or panel together is way back in the Drug Trilogy.

end of spoilers
    Yeah I don't want to her in the same room with those two wonder why she can't stay for long was it something to do with her canceled series
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    NICK SPENCER & MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • FEDERICO VICENTINI (A)
    Cover by MARCELO FERREIRA
    Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    LAST REMAINS TIE-IN!
    • The Order of the Web faces Sin-Eater. And if you saw what Sin-Eater did to Spider-Man in ASM #49, you know just how much trouble the other Spiders are in!
    • Also, what is Mary Jane Watson’s part in “Last Remains”? Don’t miss this chapter that raises her stakes by about a million times

Make this solicitation more meaning and makes sense to what danger she could be in

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah I don't want to her in the same room with those two wonder why she can't stay for long was it something to do with her canceled series
    Maybe the movie's press tour has left New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the movie's press tour has left New York?
    Oh yeah her movie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh yeah her movie
    I get the feeling that the last remains sl will lead to the death of MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    That seems like a big leap to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    If they ever kill off a character as big as MJ it will likely be a big milestone issue like #900 (not #1000 since a comic with that title has to be a big celebration) or so.

Assuming of course that Marvel ever choose to kill her off, since she's too important to get rid of and for the story to remain the same.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So the .LR issues are pretty important. Glad I decided to pick it up and not leave it on the stand thinking it was a loose tie in

BANNED

The ".HU" Hunted issues were pretty important and not tie-ins at all.

The 2099 issues though...hoo boy, that was a waste of time.

The ".HU" Hunted issues were pretty important and not tie-ins at all.

The 2099 issues though...hoo boy, that was a waste of time.
    I guess I can't fault Marvel for trying to relaunch the 2099 universe, but...it didn't really work out all that well in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

If they ever kill off a character as big as MJ it will likely be a big milestone issue like #900 (not #1000 since a comic with that title has to be a big celebration) or so.

Assuming of course that Marvel ever choose to kill her off, since she's too important to get rid of and for the story to remain the same.
    It could still happen at the end of a major story arc.

spoilers:
    Bet that Anya being the one who poisoned him is going to be a plot point. She's generally used as a wild card with her origin being tied to the the mystical side of the totems. They didn't brought up the totem thing in that same sequence for no reason.
    end of spoilers