Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a twist so much as she might still be on a press tour for the movie that takes her out of New York, but last we saw of MJ she was stuck in Montana in the witness protection program which kept her from seeing Peter.
    I'm guessing we can just throw that last issue of Amazing MJ out of canon. Seems like a shame, I was looking forward to seeing where it was going.
    At least we get her back in the main book now.

Nevermind.

Fantastic Member

Originally AMJ was gonna wrap after the movie arc IIRC, but it's sales were unexpectedly high so they extended it further. Unfortunately covid stuff caused most limited or side series to get the axe, and AMJ was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Harry still saw MJ as a friend and poured his heart out to her during JMD's final issues in "Best of Enemies".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Harry is heavily nostalgic with the whole "golden era", unburying the Stacys' corpses and all, so it's probably because MJ is from it, even if she broke up with him.

It's also worth wondering who else would make sense? Maybe Liz, but she's not trustworthy, and in cahoots with Norman, and if Harry knows of this now, yeah...

One thing that I wonder, since Harry is so focused on the past, golden age focus and all, will he do something with Flash? I know Flash wasn't around for it much because of the war he joined, but Harry barely knew George and decided to unbury his body, so I think maybe Flash will show in a way, but I doubt it'll be a resurrection, Flash has nothing against Peter, and I doubt Harry can resurrect people who are in heaven.
    oh that makes sense but I thought he would be mad at her for leaving him but if he wants to bring back the good ole days I guess its ok. But like it only been like what 7 years at most. I just dont want him still having feelings for her all of a sudden
    Last edited by Jman27; 10-22-2020 at 07:18 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh that makes sense but I thought he would be mad at her for leaving him but if he wants to bring back the good ole days I guess its ok. But like it only been like what 7 years at most. I just dont want him still having feelings for her all of a sudden
    Yeah I don't think Harry would still be mad at her for that or still have any romantic feelings... there were a lot of stories since those days, he married Liz Allen and had a son with her, and maintained a good friend status with MJ after their relationship ended. Before he died his mind was twisted but he still never wanted to hurt her or had any implications of jealousy of being with her over Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'm guessing we can just throw that last issue of Amazing MJ out of canon. Seems like a shame, I was looking forward to seeing where it was going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Originally AMJ was gonna wrap after the movie arc IIRC, but it's sales were unexpectedly high so they extended it further. Unfortunately covid stuff caused most limited or side series to get the axe, and AMJ was one of them.
    I know Spencer referenced the date MJ missed in the sixth issue but I'm wondering if we should assume that now this is the first time MJ has been back in New York since they finished filming and nothing else of note happened in what would've been issues 7-10.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    They might explain what happened afterwards in ASM itself.

I think Harry only cares about her platonically, he moved on before dying, and as Kindred, he didn't hint at anything romantic, or even possessive in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Harry still saw MJ as a friend and poured his heart out to her during JMD's final issues in "Best of Enemies".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    They might explain what happened afterwards in ASM itself.

I think Harry only cares about her platonically, he moved on before dying, and as Kindred, he didn't hint at anything romantic, or even possessive in any way.
    he was watching her sleep during the Hunted arc so im keeping my eyes on him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This ended up being a damn good issue and I wasn’t expecting much going into it. I usually hate side stories with big events because they usually don’t have any importance at all. However, this issue ended up being much more important then I thought. It actually compliments the main issue well.

So happy to see My girl MJ finally back. As far as I’m concerned the book is just always better when she’s involved. Why is everyone jumping the gun on her death though? We got to get that negativity out of here before it turns into reality lol. Honestly though I don’t see Spencer doing anything like that with her. He seems to really enjoy writing her. Marvel has tried to get rid of her in the past and it just never worked out.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Forgive me for asking as I dont know. But when was you know whos last appeared ebefore becoming Kindred?
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Forgive me for asking as I dont know. But when was you know whos last appeared ebefore becoming Kindred?
    In the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, not since ASM#800 (i.e. Slott's Penultimate issue).

He did appear in issues of Donny Cates' VENOM run.

Fantastic Member

How romantic WERE Harry and MJ?

When did they date and what issue did it end?
    I don’t recall it being that serious, but maybe I’m forgetting...

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    How romantic WERE Harry and MJ?

When did they date and what issue did it end?
    I don’t recall it being that serious, but maybe I’m forgetting...
    Eh, pulled out my comic notes from when I read the issues.

There was a casual date in ASM 47, but MJ was still pretty open and like hanging with both him and Peter.
    Shortly after when Peter and Gwen got serious MJ realized it and kind of stopped going after Peter (ASM 62).
    You saw a few reference harry on a date with MJ (ASM 70-71).
    And there is a reference to Harry having a phone call with MJ in issue 78.

Unfortunately I'm missing notes on issues after this so maybe someone can help. I think she broke with Harry before Gwen's death, he was on drugs and stuff at the time.

Yeah but I don't remember it being that serious either.

Update, found in issue 118 MJ say to Harry for him to pay attention to his own girl, so they must have been together up until the time of Gwen's death and kind of fell apart during that period. Does anyone know of an exact moment it happened or did it just kind of fizzle out off panel?
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-23-2020 at 12:02 PM.

why does Harry still care for MJ didnt she break up with him due to him being on drugs? I dont understand why she is being setup to have this special relationship with him
    I feel like using MJ is a bad plan since Kindred's main theme seems to be that Pete is unable to save people he cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Eh, pulled out my comic notes from when I read the issues.

There was a casual date in ASM 47, but MJ was still pretty open and like hanging with both him and Peter.
    Shortly after when Peter and Gwen got serious MJ realized it and kind of stopped going after Peter (ASM 62).
    You saw a few reference harry on a date with MJ (ASM 70-71).
    And there is a reference to Harry having a phone call with MJ in issue 78.

Unfortunately I'm missing notes on issues after this so maybe someone can help. I think she broke with Harry before Gwen's death, he was on drugs and stuff at the time.

Yeah but I don't remember it being that serious either.

Update, found in issue 118 MJ say to Harry for him to pay attention to his own girl, so they must have been together up until the time of Gwen's death and kind of fell apart during that period. Does anyone know of an exact moment it happened or did it just kind of fizzle out off panel?
    After Gwen's death Harry pretty much went cuckoo for coco puffs and spend most of the time planning to kill Peter and looking him with anger wherever they saw eacth other in their shared apartment. There was never an official broke up, but considering than that whole subplot with Harry trying to kill Peter and MJ by blowing up the room, i said that we didn't really need one lol. Besides they weren't that serious.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona