Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    spoilers:
    Bet that Anya being the one who poisoned him is going to be a plot point. She's generally used as a wild card with her origin being tied to the the mystical side of the totems. They didn't brought up the totem thing in that same sequence for no reason.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was curious about that too; can Anya summon spiders like that to poison people? Is that part of her powerset?

Also, Peter in #50 still moves about pretty well for being poisoned.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

It's not a spoiler, but why doesn't Peter recognize Kindred's real voice? He says "I've heard it in my nightmares". Didn't Kingpin instantly recognize who it was (not telling the name in case someone still doesn't know his true identity)?

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    It's not a spoiler, but why doesn't Peter recognize Kindred's real voice? He says "I've heard it in my nightmares". Didn't Kingpin instantly recognize who it was (not telling the name in case someone still doesn't know his true identity)?
    This is the first time Kindred has been in the physical space with Peter. The other times he's spoken to him has been in his dreams/nightmares. I'm betting in dreams he can distort his voice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It could still happen at the end of a major story arc.
    They killed Gwen in a non milestone issue

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    spoilers:
    I was curious about that too; can Anya summon spiders like that to poison people? Is that part of her powerset?

Also, Peter in #50 still moves about pretty well for being poisoned.
    end of spoilers
    Not really, but she's magic. They generally tend to pull anything out of their asses with her and explain it as "it's because I'm tied with the magic spider totem".

In Spider-Island she never turns into a spider monster and retains her powers even thought she's explicitly shown as taking the cure. In Spjder-Verse she out of nowhere knows how to read a unknown language. And in Spider-Geddon she figures out how to use the web of life to make armors.

Wouldn't be surprised if she
    spoilers:
    is actually or partially in control and didn't poisoned Peter, or at least didn't poisoned him with such a lethal dose.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    They killed Gwen in a non milestone issue
    And Captain Stacy too. But that was
    A) Earlier when it wasn't established who Spider-Man's major long-term defining cast is going to be.

B) In Gerry Conway's view, Gwen wasn't an important enough character to be worth a milestone issue, "While Gwen was his official girlfriend, for those of us who had followed the character from the very start, she didn't feel like she was that integral to the character."

All-New Member

I'm ready to see if it's really true that "... there are MAJOR events that occur here that will impact the ongoing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN story for a LONG time..." So Lowe and Spencer donīt let me down. I really hope for something intense and revolutionary, something that changes the current dynamic and the recent past of the character, I hope it is not just a marketing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I get the feeling that the last remains sl will lead to the death of MJ.
    It was done before and was pretty meh the first time. I doubt Spencer would repeat that again.

So what did we all think of the issue in general?

I haven't read it yet but I saw the end spoiler. I'll give my comment in a few days whenever I have time to pick it up. All I can say is that last page looked gorgeous.

BANNED

It's good. Psychological stuff with Norman and Clone-Ashley was good.

The Peter stuff with Kindred was aces.

The end was great. Obviously we were wondering "how MJ will fit into this" and how is her return going to work out, I didn't think it would work out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's good. Psychological stuff with Norman and Clone-Ashley was good.

The Peter stuff with Kindred was aces.

The end was great. Obviously we were wondering "how MJ will fit into this" and how is her return going to work out, I didn't think it would work out this way.
    Agreed! I like seeing Kindred face off against Peter in broad daylight this time. It's nice to see him go from "mystery background villain" to "forefront main villain" with the monologues and all!

And agreed on the end!

A minor nitpick I had was that this issue takes place during the day, but the Norman/Kafka section happened on a rainy night. Then in issue #50, which is after this one, the issue is right back to night. That would be fine, except for #49 took place at night. So the day/night thing is throwing me off a bit lol

Fantastic Member

I'm guessing its early morning, so the timeline of events would be

- GG/Spidey teamup vs Jugg-Eater
    - Spidey chucks out Osborn
    - Sin-Eater shoots Osborn
    - Kindred speaks with Sin-Eater and releases the collected sins
    - Kafka and Ravencroft security find Osborn
    - Kafka brings Osborn back to Ravencroft and talks with him
    - Sins catch up with submarine and infect Order of the Web
    - Spidey gets poisoned and gets knocked out of the sub (the sun rises around now)
    - Spidey rescues the sub and poison sets in, causing him to get wrecked escaping (opening of ASM #50)
    -Spidey gets to Strange's pad and gets cured of poison
    -Kindred-Silk attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I'm guessing its early morning, so the timeline of events would be

- GG/Spidey teamup vs Jugg-Eater
    - Spidey chucks out Osborn
    - Sin-Eater shoots Osborn
    - Kindred speaks with Sin-Eater and releases the collected sins
    - Kafka and Ravencroft security find Osborn
    - Kafka brings Osborn back to Ravencroft and talks with him
    - Sins catch up with submarine and infect Order of the Web
    - Spidey gets poisoned and gets knocked out of the sub (the sun rises around now)
    - Spidey rescues the sub and poison sets in, causing him to get wrecked escaping (opening of ASM #50)
    -Spidey gets to Strange's pad and gets cured of poison
    -Kindred-Silk attacks
    Dang. So with that timeline (thank you for that by the way), Peter has been going for at least two days straight, possibly more dealing with Sin-Eater's followers. Because he saved Osborn in #48, then all this happened, and now it's the next day. Whew! Thank God for spider-endurance!

Dang. So with that timeline (thank you for that by the way), Peter has been going for about two days straight. Because he saved Osborn in #48, then all this happened, and now it's the next day. Whew! Thank God for spider-endurance!
    I think the record for Spider-Endurance is Peter in Marvel's Spider-Man where he was fighting 2-3 different villains a day for a whole week with barely any sleep.