Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the record for Spider-Endurance is Peter in Marvel's Spider-Man where he was fighting 2-3 different villains a day for a whole week with barely any sleep.
    Dang! That's hardcore for that show.
    I'm also remembering the out-of-continuity Marvel Knights: Spider-Man by Matt Kindt and Marco Rudy, where he fought 99 of his villains all within the span of like three days. That's nuts!

Peter puts himself through the wringer a lot.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Dang! That's hardcore for that show.
    I'm also remembering the out-of-continuity Marvel Knights: Spider-Man by Matt Kindt and Marco Rudy, where he fought 99 of his villains all within the span of like three days. That's nuts!

Peter puts himself through the wringer a lot.
    Yes, he does. It's why we love him so much as a character. And he'll be putting himself through an even bigger and worse wringer once he realizes Kindred's true identity. Loved that last page, though I'll cop to also being scared for Mary Jane, being in a room (mostly) alone with Norman and Harry Osborn, even if Norman is currently "cleansed."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Really great issue. It may be a side reading, but wow, what a side reading! Art on the sub was dynamic and captured the sense that these are real demonic, evil figures here. Loved Spidey pulling everyone up as well. That's Spider-Man, being the underdog.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    spoilers:
    Bet that Anya being the one who poisoned him is going to be a plot point. She's generally used as a wild card with her origin being tied to the the mystical side of the totems. They didn't brought up the totem thing in that same sequence for no reason.
    end of spoilers
    I'm wondering if that power she showed is a new power she has, or something Kindred can do just because, I doubt it's even a power that Sin Eater stole, while so far they haven't showed that they can used those powers (And I bet they don't, 'cause they aren't looking like Spider-Juggernauts), even if they could, no one who Sin Eater stole powers from could do that.

Will be boring if all she's useful for is "Oh look she's that magic MacGuffin", sad she's reduced to that, but I guess it's either that or nothing lol.

spoilers:
    I was curious about that too; can Anya summon spiders like that to poison people? Is that part of her powerset?
    end of spoilers
    She never showed a power like that, although Spider-Girl#8 specifically showed her not really noticing she can camouflage herself while doing so, only after other people didn't see her (Worth pointing out she only got her powers back a few minutes before), so she could always have more powers she didn't know she had, though how Kindred knows that is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Not really, but she's magic. They generally tend to pull anything out of their asses with her and explain it as "it's because I'm tied with the magic spider totem".

In Spider-Island she never turns into a spider monster and retains her powers even thought she's explicitly shown as taking the cure.
    To be fair, MJ had this delay from becoming a monster just because she and Peter "shared toothbrushes", and while Anya got her power way earlier than MJ, she probably didn't become a monster 'cause the whole Araña thing slowed that down, so maybe she would eventually become one.

Though yeah, the cure is also specifically said to remove Peter's power, but didn't do it with her, and while this could always be a plot hole, it might be the magic side interfering.

In Spjder-Verse she out of nowhere knows how to read a unknown language. And in Spider-Geddon she figures out how to use the web of life to make armors.

Wouldn't be surprised if she
    spoilers:
    is actually or partially in control and didn't poisoned Peter, or at least didn't poisoned him with such a lethal dose.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also, Peter in #50 still moves about pretty well for being poisoned.
    end of spoilers
    I mean, he was moving in a sluggish way, fell down while web swinging, and even fainted when he reached Stephen's house, so the poison was still clearly fucking him up before Stephen used those potions (Which funnily enough, he just says "wounds" in #50, looks weird now that we know he was poisoned since that's really what fucked him up, but they clearly didn't wanna reveal the poisoning lol).

I doubt that Kindred was actually planning to do anything to Peter besides slowing him down with the poison, he does say "But when you get through this part and you're ready to do something about your friends? Come find me. Alone. I've got a very nice surprise planned for you.", so yeah, sounds like all he wanted to do was take out Spidey from the picture for a few hours, doubt Anya did anything, but who knows, the question is what else he's foccusing on, he did say there are some other demons of his own he'd like to exorcise, but since #50 and #50LR are out of order, maybe he was talking about unburying the Stacys? Kinda weird to take out Spidey from the picture for a while just for that though, so there's probably more...

I think the record for Spider-Endurance is Peter in Marvel's Spider-Man where he was fighting 2-3 different villains a day for a whole week with barely any sleep.
    I was thinking it'd be that time he fought Morlum for like 12 hours, but damn, was that during the Gauntlet?

Anyways, good ****, kinda annoying that LR issues are stuff you have to read to understand the story, but at least it's not a pointless, filler issue where nothing interesting happens, so yeah, can't wait to see what happens next.

Is Mysterio still alive or did Harry got rid of him too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    He is alive at least in Amazing Mary Jane, so he's probably still alive here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I was thinking it'd be that time he fought Morlum for like 12 hours, but damn, was that during the Gauntlet?
    I guess it was basically the Gauntlet. It was designed by Doc Ock to exhaust Spidey to the point where it would be easier for Otto to steal his body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Last I checked he's putting the final touches on his movie with MJ.

Spectacular Member

I really don't get how Harry is Kindred, there must be one more twist to this whole thing because this reveal is much too early and it really feels out of character with Harry's character as of lately.

What's the real twist here, we should figure that out. Because Kindred being Harry or (a piece of Harry that was separated during one more day?) Feels like it's meant to throw us off.

And I guess MJ went from being in the witness protection program to being back on her press tour.

Will she get written out again by the time this story is over? Or will the Kindred/Harry stuff keep her in New York?

why does Harry still care for MJ didnt she break up with him due to him being on drugs? I dont understand why she is being setup to have this special relationship with him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    why does Harry still care for MJ didnt she break up with him due to him being on drugs? I dont understand why she is being setup to have this special relationship with him
    Harry still saw MJ as a friend and poured his heart out to her during JMD's final issues in "Best of Enemies".

I guess it was basically the Gauntlet. It was designed by Doc Ock to exhaust Spidey to the point where it would be easier for Otto to steal his body.
    Oh, somehow I missed the "Marvel's Spider-Man" bit, thought it was something from the comics lol.

Impressive that Spidey fought for so long, wouldn't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Harry is heavily nostalgic with the whole "golden era", unburying the Stacys' corpses and all, so it's probably because MJ is from it, even if she broke up with him.

It's also worth wondering who else would make sense? Maybe Liz, but she's not trustworthy, and in cahoots with Norman, and if Harry knows of this now, yeah...

One thing that I wonder, since Harry is so focused on the past, golden age focus and all, will he do something with Flash? I know Flash wasn't around for it much because of the war he joined, but Harry barely knew George and decided to unbury his body, so I think maybe Flash will show in a way, but I doubt it'll be a resurrection, Flash has nothing against Peter, and I doubt Harry can resurrect people who are in heaven.

Amazing Member

Loved this issue, great art
    Good pacing, really looking forward to how Norman’s arc goes, love that MJ is coming back(gorgeous panel) but this read incredibly weird to me with the cancelled spin off book. Clearly there was some other twist in that book hence the mention that she’s not staying. At least a bubble summarizing what that book intended to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    Loved this issue, great art
    Good pacing, really looking forward to how Norman’s arc goes, love that MJ is coming back(gorgeous panel) but this read incredibly weird to me with the cancelled spin off book. Clearly there was some other twist in that book hence the mention that she’s not staying. At least a bubble summarizing what that book intended to happen?
    I'm not sure if it's a twist so much as she might still be on a press tour for the movie that takes her out of New York, but last we saw of MJ she was stuck in Montana in the witness protection program which kept her from seeing Peter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    I really don't get how Harry is Kindred, there must be one more twist to this whole thing because this reveal is much too early and it really feels out of character with Harry's character as of lately.

What's the real twist here, we should figure that out. Because Kindred being Harry or (a piece of Harry that was separated during one more day?) Feels like it's meant to throw us off.
    Kindred is obviously Pre-OMD Harry, the one who died in SSM 200.