Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After Gwen's death Harry pretty much went cuckoo for coco puffs and spend most of the time planning to kill Peter and looking him with anger wherever they saw eacth other in their shared apartment. There was never an official broke up, but considering than that whole subplot with Harry trying to kill Peter and MJ by blowing up the room, i said that we didn't really need one lol. Besides they weren't that serious.
    Cool, that's what I figured after looking at these issues again but wan't sure if I was missing a panel where they called it quits. And your right, it wasn't serious enough at that time to have that kind of scene play out. But yeah, Harry trying to kill MJ may have been the point of no return, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After Gwen's death Harry pretty much went cuckoo for coco puffs and spend most of the time planning to kill Peter and looking him with anger wherever they saw eacth other in their shared apartment. There was never an official broke up, but considering than that whole subplot with Harry trying to kill Peter and MJ by blowing up the room, i said that we didn't really need one lol. Besides they weren't that serious.
    seems like Harry was more serious about the relationship than MJ. Yeah they are totally going to make him lash out against her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

wrong thread lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Eh, pulled out my comic notes from when I read the issues.

There was a casual date in ASM 47, but MJ was still pretty open and like hanging with both him and Peter.
    Shortly after when Peter and Gwen got serious MJ realized it and kind of stopped going after Peter (ASM 62).
    You saw a few reference harry on a date with MJ (ASM 70-71).
    And there is a reference to Harry having a phone call with MJ in issue 78.

Unfortunately I'm missing notes on issues after this so maybe someone can help. I think she broke with Harry before Gwen's death, he was on drugs and stuff at the time.

Yeah but I don't remember it being that serious either.

Update, found in issue 118 MJ say to Harry for him to pay attention to his own girl, so they must have been together up until the time of Gwen's death and kind of fell apart during that period. Does anyone know of an exact moment it happened or did it just kind of fizzle out off panel?
    The Harry/MJ relationship was always odd to me. I think MJ broke up with Harry during the initial drug trilogy, they started dating again sometime after, and then Harry officially ended things when he dismissed MJ in issue #125. Eventually he just moved onto Liz and they maintained a friendship.

And yeah, it's my understanding that they were never 'serious' like Peter and Gwen. They dated casually, but Harry became infatuated with MJ. Prior to Gwen's death, MJ wasn't the type to settle down with anyone and she made that pretty clear. The references to MJ as "Harry's girl" never made much sense to me.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 10-23-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    The Harry/MJ relationship was always odd to me. I think MJ broke up with Harry during the initial drug trilogy, they started dating again sometime after, and then Harry officially ended things when he dismissed MJ in issue #125. Eventually he just moved onto Liz and they maintained a friendship.

And yeah, it's my understanding that they were never 'serious' like Peter and Gwen. They dated casually, but Harry became infatuated with MJ. Prior to Gwen's death, MJ wasn't the type to settle down with anyone and she made that pretty clear. The references to MJ as "Harry's girl" never made much sense to me.
    Ah, here it is. He actually did seem pretty upset about MJ hanging out with Peter at the time, but again, MJ was being friendly and compassionate to Peter after the death of Gwen, it's not like she was dating him secretly or anything so Harry's anger was a warped view of things and not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Interesting. I looked up "Takeshi Miyazawa art" on google and it looks actually very good to me. It's actually a similar style to Federico Vicentini imo so hopefully it's not a jarring change the issue, but from images I saw I'm down with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Interesting. I looked up "Takeshi Miyazawa art" on google and it looks actually very good to me. It's actually a similar style to Federico Vicentini imo so hopefully it's not a jarring change the issue, but from images I saw I'm down with it.
    Yeah, I really enjoy his work. I'm glad to see him on ASM proper, but I wonder if this is related to Gwen (he was the artist on her book for a long time).

Takeshi Miyazawa getting to draw ASM? Even for just a tie-in issue, that's pretty awesome .