Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Couldn't Franklin reach out to the many telepaths on Krakoa in case of emergency?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Couldn't Franklin reach out to the many telepaths on Krakoa in case of emergency?
    That's not how that works tho.
    "Cable was right!"

I wonder if X of Swords is why the gate won't work for Franklin? And not his burnt out X gene?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I give them 5 seconds before Reed pulls out an Ultimate Nullifier while Sue puts a bubble in Apocalypses brain and points at them saying no one better even think about putting his son through that, which would be in their rights because quite frankly I still find the practice to be quite barbaric.
    The Nullifer seems to be involved in the issue just solicited for January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if all depowered mutants like Melodie are welcome too.
    Melody's got her powers back - it was her we saw doing the Crucible!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if X of Swords is why the gate won't work for Franklin? And not his burnt out X gene?

The Nullifer seems to be involved in the issue just solicited for January.
    Melody's got her powers back - it was her we saw doing the Crucible!
    Looking at today's FF solicits, Psi-Lord might be returning. What that means for Franks is not yet known. It could be that Psi-Lord returns to 616 or current Frank starts to become him.

This is all speculation from a gloved hand. lol
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Removed...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-28-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    A super powerful alien we’ve never seen before shows up to provide the F4 a ‘better’ version of a minority’s resource (the Krakoan gateways)...and then literally beats the minority out of a kid who is just beginning to really explore his otherness, despite his family’s misgivings, all so that Franklin can focus on the more acceptable status quo of just being a white kid again...

Well...at least his family will stop thinking he’s a ‘freak’ or ‘weirdo’, now that he’s a normal human again, and not a mutie...

Whee...
    It's probably for the best he needed to be humbled maybe now he'll develop an actual personality.

Removed...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-28-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Not gonna argue that, because humility is an important lesson for all heroes to learn.

It just...left a bad taste in my mouth. Like Sue‘s whole devolution into a bigoted Karen during the recent F4/X-Men crossover.

That said, I am intrigued by Cormorant and Helmsman and what they’re after/up to.

The whole ‘beating the minority out of an ‘uppity’ teenager’ thing, though?

Not a fan.
    That absolutely did not happen with Sue.

The straw grasping is on par with the pearl clutching.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Oh my god not everything Sue does is some 8 layers deep metaphor. She just thinks the earring is ugly

Not gonna argue that, because humility is an important lesson for all heroes to learn.

It just...left a bad taste in my mouth. Like Sue‘s whole devolution into a bigoted Karen during the recent F4/X-Men crossover.

That said, I am intrigued by Cormorant and Helmsman and what they’re after/up to.

The whole ‘beating the minority out of an ‘uppity’ teenager’ thing, though?

Not a fan.
    You treat it as if something like this wasn’t a plot point built up within the story. When it came to Franklin literally the only story we were given every 5 seconds was about how his powers were fading and him being angsty about it. Meanwhile his family was doing what a good family does and remind him that his powers aren’t the end all be all thing about him and that no matter what happened, they loved him all the same. I highly doubt that Slott is just gonna leave him powerless as the story was built into this run. This just seems to be him getting nerfed due to the fact that them sitting on a literal universe level reality warper pretty much kills any stakes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

A super powerful alien we’ve never seen before shows up to provide the F4 a ‘better’ version of a minority’s resource (the Krakoan gateways)...and then literally beats the minority out of a kid who is just beginning to really explore his otherness, despite his family’s misgivings, all so that Franklin can focus on the more acceptable status quo of just being a white kid again...
    That's not what happened tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Franklin shoulda stayed his ass in his room. Reed slept on Valeria and look what happened. Franklin tapped out and Valeria saved the day.
    I loved this issue. Never read FF on a regular basis before, but I loved this story and RB Silva can do no wrong in my eyes. Those pages were beautiful!!

BANNED

Well...at least his family will stop thinking he’s a ‘freak’ or ‘weirdo’, now that he’s a normal human again, and not a mutie...

Whee...
    Who specifically in Franklin's family thinks he's a freak and or a weirdo?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Maybe it’s time for Franklin to die and get resurrected so he can have his powers back..
    It's best he doesn't get his powers back to the same level. They'll just write themselves back into a corner.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Franklin shoulda stayed his ass in his room. Reed slept on Valeria and look what happened. Franklin tapped out and Valeria saved the day.
    I loved this issue. Never read FF on a regular basis before, but I loved this story and RB Silva can do no wrong in my eyes. Those pages were beautiful!!
    Agreed. I think I'll actually read the rest of this arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'