Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #25 Mutant No More?

So this is kinda of X-Related. Slott has been pushing that since F4VX Franklin has found his calling and acceptance amongst mutants and is really loving exploring the culture and whatnot on Krakoa, in today's issue he seemingly burnt out the last of his power and may have fried his X-gene because he went to a krakoan gate to ask for help and was denied entry. Now this could just be a catalyst of X of Swords and the gates shutdown, or the false God is simply human now. It all remains to be seen but at the end of the issue Franky boy was in his room depressed probably sobbing mourning his loss of power and purpose leaving him empty with no substance/iimportance. No Shade of course....

I saw some panels of this on twitter. I reaaally hope Slott doesn't have the X-men/Krakoa tell Franklin he's no longer welcomed in Krakoa. There are other depowered mutants there, although I don't know if they can use the gates or not.

I know his parents would never allow it, but I wonder if the idea of Crucible will be brought up.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The burning out the power thing is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I saw some panels of this on twitter. I reaaally hope Slott doesn't have the X-men/Krakoa tell Franklin he's no longer welcomed in Krakoa. There are other depowered mutants there, although I don't know if they can use the gates or not.

I know his parents would never allow it, but I wonder if the idea of Crucible will be brought up.
    Sue would go into a panic on the spot at the mere suggestion and then the boards would be on that Karen BS for God knows how long again so God I hope not!!

Considering how concerned the Council were about helping Franklin's powers and his status as an omega mutant in X-Men/FF, it would be rather odd if Slott just decides to have them reject Franklin and/or not help him at all

First: It is not the mutants who decide who or who cannot enter Krakoa, it is Krakoa.

If Franklin has burned off all of his power, he is probably no longer emitting mutant psionic energy which is what Krakoa feeds on and therefore can no longer detect it. But he is the only mutant whose powers "have been spent." Which is pretty stupid, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The burning out the power thing is so stupid.
    This is a problem with characters like Franklin, Jean, and reality warping characters they have to find ways for those characters not to instantaneously fix the problem so they give some BS solution to stave their powers. I understand why Slott is doing it but in the long run he'll get his powers back I'm sure.

Huh. This does not sound right. The burn-out seems like a stupid idea, at least in this moment. I wonder if they have more planned/explained later, or is this just another one of those bad ideas Marvel comes up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    First: It is not the mutants who decide who or who cannot enter Krakoa, it is Krakoa.

If Franklin has burned off all of his power, he is probably no longer emitting mutant psionic energy which is what Krakoa feeds on and therefore can no longer detect it. But he is the only mutant whose powers "have been spent." Which is pretty stupid, tbh.
    I'm a try and give Slott the benefit of the doubt and say he's also only as powerful as he is because Sue's Kitty Kat absorbed cosmic radiation so he works weird maybe *shrugs* Reed did just say this was puberty.

Even if his powers stop working the X gene should still be there. Also there are other de powered mutants on Krakoa who are waiting to do the Crucible to get their powers back. So if they want to do a situation where Frank goes through the crucible to get his powers back I can understand that, but that will have to happen after X of Swords

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We already had mutant burn-out stories with Logan and Nate Grey.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We already had mutant burn-out stories with Logan and Nate Grey.
    But they were still mutants, they were simply weakened. The logical thing would be to think that Franklin is so weakened that Krakoa cannot detect his psionic energy but it seems that he really is no longer a mutant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm a try and give Slott the benefit of the doubt and say he's also only as powerful as he is because Sue's Kitty Kat absorbed cosmic radiation so he works weird maybe *shrugs* Reed did just say this was puberty.
    But we've seen in numerous stories that Franklin's powers grow MORE with age, not less.

Maybe after reconstructing reality in Secret Wars I can grant you a "Franklin has put too much effort on her body, she needs to rest and not use her powers" but that they "run out" sounds ... ridiculously convenient.

Logan needs to take him to Madripoor to Become A Man.

Maybe it’s time for Franklin to die and get resurrected so he can have his powers back..

Franklin has lost his powers before, I think.