Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
I hope he dies... Mainly because I'd find it funny.

Also, still with this crap about Sue being a Karen? She ain't even done nothing this issue and last issue she was upset that e got his ear pieced behind her back. Most parents would be upset at that, mine was too. It's not some big metaphor, it's just an attempt to mirror teenage rebellion and how parents deal with it. Some of you are unnecessarily inserting the mutant subtext where it doesn't belong.
In the FF book their reactions to Franklin's actions have nothing to do with being a mutant and everything to do with him being a rebellious teen going through a phase. Take away the mutant aspect and everything would play out exactly the same. It would be the same actions with the same responses which shows this is a teen coming of age story/parenting a rebellious teenager. Not a story about a teen needing to escape bigoted parents or anything like that.
Yeah, I didn't get that one. Either the people complaining never had a mummy or they came out the womb as an adult.

As I mentioned in other occasions when this comes up, Slott is showing that Franklin thinks people only want him around because of his powers and that he'll be unwanted now especially since he has no other talents compared to the other kids which results in his acting out.