Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just read the panel with Johnny he literally just asked Franklin a question only for kid to be like "It's a mutant thing you wouldn't understand" then Johnny just acknowledged he's been on Krakoa a lot and gave him a new suit I don't see how he was treating the kid weird in anyway.

Also I acknowledge F4X was **** in every regard but I stand firmly in the fact had they called the Richards, and not just popped up with a vanguard of Krakoa's best that all could have been avoided and Kitty had no right taking the kid off the premises F4 had warranted reactions IMO.
    People are reaching...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    People are reaching...
    Gotta keep that victim complex going!

Johnny asked the kid a question, nothing more nothing less. Anyone who's reading into it more than that is projecting and actively looking to be offended. That said, I'm happy Franklin's powers are gone. Maybe they can actually make him a good character now.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Some X-fans seem obsessed with finding any reason to read into the FF being bigots and monsters it seems

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

People are reaching...
    I get personalising and internalising what you read with ample room for interpretation but.....
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-27-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

People are reaching...
    Agreed Franklin is a little **** who more often than not constantly preached about his powers made him better than those around him, and throughout his little God complex his family has actively stood by him and reaffirmed that powers or no powers they'll always love him that's it, now that he's lost that all he has is his family and that's okay I'm not seeing any problematic actions with the Richards that even implies bigotry they love their son.

But don't you get it any reaction to teenage stuff other than immediate understanding and agreement means you're a bigot who hates minorities and the writer is too!

Removed...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-28-2020 at 12:56 PM.

You think asserting the FF are now inexplicably bigots isn't a reach?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I'm sorry I spoke up with my thoughts, I had no idea that they were so wrong. I'm better now.

It's good to know that y'all are here to let everyone know that any experience or interpretation of something that doesnt match your own is bullshit drama-queen reaching and making things up, and not at all valid or worthy of discussion.

It really helps streamline conversation. I apologize for cluttering the thread with unapproved thought. I should know better.
    I read your original post. I agree with what you said. That was your interpretation and it was valid. I'm gay and, while I know my family loves me. I heard several homophobic and fucked up comments about gay people when I was a teenager.

I read the issue and I totally got where you were coming from. When I read issue #25, Franklin did seem like "odd man out." Please continue to post your thoughts. I thought they were insightful and added to my reading of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

I don't think the post was calling them "bigots", however Reed did mask Franklin's X-gene. That carries a lot of narrative weight.

Some X-fans seem obsessed with finding any reason to read into the FF being bigots and monsters it seems
    Right! As if the FF would ever be allowed to be written as such.

As a FF fan, I can tell you that seeing Franks suddenly in an x-uniform and to see him take a sudden turn to the x-world is surprising. Seeing his family react similarly would be expected. Franklin is in a new place in life and is acting differently than he ever has. So I agree, anyone trying to make this some ridiculous anti mutant bigotry is reaching hard.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Even if his powers stop working the X gene should still be there. Also there are other de powered mutants on Krakoa who are waiting to do the Crucible to get their powers back. So if they want to do a situation where Frank goes through the crucible to get his powers back I can understand that, but that will have to happen after X of Swords
    God...if they did this I would quit marvel. Killing a kid and then bringing him back. I would love to hear the explanation to reed and Susan. How they describe it. They don’t just euthanize the person...which in itself is bad...but you have to fight apocalypse in hand to hand combat then get a body from sinister. It sounds insane when texted aloud.

Good lord get a grip, no one is cancelling the FF. In fact Johnny’s reaction is realistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I don't think the post was calling them "bigots", however Reed did mask Franklin's X-gene. That carries a lot of narrative weight.
    Do you (or anyone) recall why Reed masked Franklin's X-gene? IMO Franklin should have flat out told Kitty to get bent and gone home. Too bad DoFP is an alternate timeline...
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-27-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Do you (or anyone) recall why Reed masked Franklin's X-gene? IMO Franklin should have flat out told Kitty to get bent and gone home. Too bad DoFP is an alternate timeline...
    To protect him from people who might want to harm him, as usual. There was more but I've kinda blocked out most of that miniseries, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'