Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thoughts on Psi-Lord? The cover to 28 ... perhaps I'm reaching now, but that could be his gloved hand.

psilord.jpg

And I hope that is the case. I hope Franklin gets his psionic powers back and leaves that god power behind for awhile... if not forever. We have far too many Jaime Braddock, Legion, Nate Greys.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Gotta keep that victim complex going!

Johnny asked the kid a question, nothing more nothing less. Anyone who's reading into it more than that is projecting and actively looking to be offended. That said, I'm happy Franklin's powers are gone.
    Second this, him having reality-warping powers as a child is weird. I always think he's gonna turn out like that kid from the Twilight Zone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s...Twilight_Zone)
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Franklin loses his powers so he goes from cosmic creator to cosmic annihilator? I'd get a kick out of him showing up powerless to every FF battle waving the Ultimate Nullifier at the threat of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope he dies... Mainly because I'd find it funny.

Also, still with this crap about Sue being a Karen? She ain't even done nothing this issue and last issue she was upset that e got his ear pieced behind her back. Most parents would be upset at that, mine was too. It's not some big metaphor, it's just an attempt to mirror teenage rebellion and how parents deal with it. Some of you are unnecessarily inserting the mutant subtext where it doesn't belong.
    In the FF book their reactions to Franklin's actions have nothing to do with being a mutant and everything to do with him being a rebellious teen going through a phase. Take away the mutant aspect and everything would play out exactly the same. It would be the same actions with the same responses which shows this is a teen coming of age story/parenting a rebellious teenager. Not a story about a teen needing to escape bigoted parents or anything like that.
    Sue's acting like a normal pearl-clutching mom. I think this is better than writing Sue as a "cool mom" who accepts everything.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Do you (or anyone) recall why Reed masked Franklin's X-gene? IMO Franklin should have flat out told Kitty to get bent and gone home. Too bad DoFP is an alternate timeline...
    I mean, every anti-mutant villain in Marvel can track the X-gene. Reed actually doing it tho? That's wack.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean, every anti-mutant villain in Marvel can track the X-gene. Reed actually doing it tho? That's wack.
    But, Reed, Sue, Ben, and what's his name do not actually harbor anti-mutant sentiment(s) do they? So, who's really responsible for Franklin's de-powerment?
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-27-2020 at 10:02 PM.

But, Reed, Sue, Ben, and what's his name do not actually harbor anti-mutant sentiment(s) do they? So, who's really responsible for Franklin's de-powerment?
    He has been on the verge of losing his powers for quite some time now.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    He has been on the verge of losing his powers for quite some time now.
    But, what is the cause? Some here are making it sound like there's "on-panel" canonical proof that his parents are to blame for his burnout.

But, what is the cause? Some here are making it sound like there's "on-panel" canonical proof that his parents are to blame for his burnout.
    It's not known what the cause is, but it's not because of what Reed did. Reed created the masking device after Krakoa which happened after Franklin started losing is powers. Reed has theorized that it could be burnout from re-creating the universe, a natural phenomenon due to puberty, or his connection to his power source being severed somehow. In other words, even he has no clue why it's happening.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

You know what would be a real mindf*ck -- learning that En Sabah Nur purposely dampened (burned out) Franklin's powers with Celestial Technology in order to prevent Franklin from resisting him assimilating his body and powers as his latest host.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-28-2020 at 12:43 AM.

What the hell happened to this thread? Can’t we just enjoy the funny books anymore without having to dissect the social / political subtext?

I just want to see if he gets a new power set. I hope they don’t try to say he’s not a mutant anymore. I’m sure they’ll offer him the crucible and then the FF will (appropriately, this time) flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    What the hell happened to this thread? Can’t we just enjoy the funny books anymore without having to dissect the social / political subtext?

I just want to see if he gets a new power set. I hope they don’t try to say he’s not a mutant anymore. I’m sure they’ll offer him the crucible and then the FF will (appropriately, this time) flip out.
    Some on here think they are actually Krakoan and long to have some sort of fictional oppression.

It is weird.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Some on here think they are actually Krakoan and long to have some sort of fictional oppression.

It is weird.
    We call those people bots

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    To protect him from people who might want to harm him, as usual. There was more but I've kinda blocked out most of that miniseries, sorry.

Yeah it was something dumb like "we were worried about losing you Franklin!" Like I've mentioned I think that miniseries makes the FF look pretty bad, so relatively small reactions in the main book end up seeming more mutant-phobic than intended. At this point I think it's best to just ignore the miniseries.

Edit: I'd actually like to see the FF's reaction to the Crucible. For once I would actually fully take their side cause that practice is suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

No disrespect, but some of us want to discuss that aspect of the books.