Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Wait a moment, so Annihilation is a living mask? I do not understand. Is he/she like Malice or something?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wait a moment, so Annihilation is a living mask? I do not understand. Is he/she like Malice or something?
    Seems so. Haunted artifacts containing the spirit of a powerfull being that posses who ever wears it are an old trope after all. The big bad behind this is all is also some evil god/demon thingy. So such things are to be expected.

However given that it's told from Apocalypse's perspective, we have to wait until the end of the story to see how much of it all is true and how much involves things which he was out of the loop of (or had his memories altered to believe he was).

Amazing Member

I bet towards the end of this event we see Isca join up with Krakoa for a while and then just when things are looking great for the mutants and right before Hickman’s endgame she abruptly turns again and joins up with the Orchi’s, nimrod, phalanx etc. I could also see Moira coming out of nowhere (pun intended) and killing her somehow because her power is precog in nature.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    I bet towards the end of this event we see Isca join up with Krakoa for a while and then just when things are looking great for the mutants and right before Hickman’s endgame she abruptly turns again and joins up with the Orchi’s, nimrod, phalanx etc. I could also see Moira coming out of nowhere (pun intended) and killing her somehow because her power is precog in nature.
    Isca and Mystique team up to watch it all burn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Didn't they hate each other?
    Kang is Rama Tut, so yes. Recent versions of Kang are also really, really bigoted against mutants - see what he did to his mutant kids, the Apocalypse Twins.

This book was probably the strongest book in the crossover since the opening issue, no wait, since Wolverine/X-Force issues, no wait, since the Hellions issues. That was just last week? This crossover has so many good issues. This book probably feels so much better than it actually is as it was released on the same week as the dumpster fire that was chapter 9 in Excalibur. But it's still damn good.

cuckold Apocalypse is boring

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apocalypse's sword is 680kg!!!
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Annihilation's nature is questioned in the data page, could be a god, as well as some manifestation of Amenth's will. It just uses a host body to walk around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That 1500 pounds.....

... Yeah, in my country commas and periods are used the other way around and I understood 680 g but you're right, it's more than half a ton.

Apocalypse is capable of lifting over 100 tons so it's appropriate for him I guess.

BANNED

Based Hickman using the metric system.

Apocalypse will be swinging half a ton of sadness around in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Annihilation's nature is questioned in the data page, could be a god, as well as some manifestation of Amenth's will. It just uses a host body to walk around.
    Amenth The Living Planet!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Gotta say that sounds very anime/manga style.

Though at least with characters who have super strength it makes a bit of sense since more weight also means more kinetic energy behind each swing.

Which raises the question what it's made of?
    Gut's Dragon Slayer in the manga Berserk, which is somewhat comparable to Apocalypse's Scarab in terms of bulk, only weights around 100 kilogram (which is 10 times the weight of parade versions of medieval Two Hander swords, which were far heavier than the actualy versions made for battle which were 2-4 kilogram) and it's basicly just a giant slap of sharpend hardend steel.
    For Scarab to weight 7 times more than that, it would need to be made of a whole different metal that would need to be both durable enough to be suited for a combat sword but also stupidly heavy enough to have that weight.

I guess magic would be the appropiate answer.

Makes me wonder if Sun Wukongs Ruyi Jingu Bang staff exists in the Marvel Universe? Since it weights roughly 7960 kilogram.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-22-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Gotta say that sounds very anime/manga style.

Though at least with characters who have super strength it makes a bit of sense since more weight also means more kinetic energy behind each swing.

Which raises the question what it's made of?
    Gut's Dragon Slayer in the manga Berserk, which is somewhat comparable to Apocalypse's Scarab in terms of bulk, only weights around 100 kilogram (which is 10 times the weight of parade versions of medieval Two Hander swords, which were far heavier than the actualy versions made for battle which were 2-4 kilogram) and it's basicly just a giant slap of sharpend hardend steel.
    For Scarab to weight 7 times more than that, it would need to be made of a whole different metal that would need to be both durable enough to be suited for a combat sword but also stupidly heavy enough to have that weight.

I guess magic would be the appropiate answer.

Makes me wonder if Sun Wukongs Ruyi Jingu Bang staff exists in the Marvel Universe? Since it weights roughly 7960 kilogram.
    It is made from Red-Gold Iron of the Old Kings of Atlantis. So, magical metal.

Perhaps it is such a dense metal that for a normal Atlantean it would only be comfortable to wear underwater.