Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I think JDW or someone else did say that someone was going to bring the wrong sword to the fight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I mean, it makes him more interesting. But it certainly doesn't make me love the guy. It's like going "You know MCU Thanos is actually a pretty swell guy." when it's like "no, he's still a complete monster."
    My first impression is that it makes him a comic book Thanos knock-off who did all that killing to impress a girl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My first impression is that it makes him a comic book Thanos knock-off who did all that killing to impress a girl.
    Ironicaly they changed MCU Thanos away from killing half the universe to impress a woman. So i guess that motivation might be up for the taking now.

Makes me wonder if in a few years writers just go back to "He likes to kill everyone he considers weak, because he is a jerk who thinks only the strong should live." and people will call it refreshing because they got tired of "sympathic villains" and just want the classic big ego-ed evil Apocalypse back?
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-21-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Ironicaly they changed MCU Thanos away from killing half the universe to impress a woman. So i guess that motivation might be up for the taking now.

Makes me wonder if in a few years writers just go back to "He likes to kill everyone he considers weak, because he is a jerk who thinks only the strong should live." and people will call it refreshing because they got tired of "sympathic villains" and just want the classic big ego-ed evil Apocalypse back?
    You can kill people because you like it and also because you consider it your mission.

They say that if you enjoy what you work ...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It seems a bit more nuanced than Thanos tbh. The fact this was actually a woman that loved him, and his children, that actively told him he was not strong enough to join them in this war already points to more interesting motivation than Thanos. Not to mention the fact that he knows he was too weak. Him setting out for thousands of years to try and gather strong mutants just prove his own strength is also quite a good angle.

From everything I have read of pre MCU Thanos, it was "Hee hee, perhaps some genocide will entice her lips upon mine pee pee". Apocalypse is more like a divorced dad whose family has outgrown him, and I'm pretty much here for it.

I have no idea how, but ever since HoX #5 onward, Hickman made Apocalypse so much more compelling and a new favorite character of mine.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Asrar's art is gorgeous. I really love that shot of the the Four Horsemen, Apoc, Genesis, and a Summoner.

Is the summoner related to apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Is the summoner related to apocalypse?
    Grandson. Son of War.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I swear I've seen this exact 'survival of the fittest culling to prepare for the coming of the REAL evil guys' schtick done before in anime and videogames, several times. It almost never works, and it doesn't work for me here. Largely because it doesn't make sense with everything we've seen Apocalypse do. Hell, this isn't even the first time they've tried this trope with Apocalypse, when you consider the Celestial retcon that gets no attention.

I get it now Storm is the descendant of [A] and Genesis through Death that's going to be the big reveal

BANNED

This can’t be what actually happened. Otherwise why would the horsemen be so mad at him for leaving. Remember how shocked apoc looked when summoner brought up the theory that he ran away as a coward. This is another issue where we are getting half truths. Apocalypse may “think” that’s what happened but clearly that’s not how it actually went down

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I get it now Storm is the descendant of [A] and Genesis through Death that's going to be the big reveal
    How? Death has been in arrako for thousands of years. When did he have kids on earth? In bce Egypt? By that logic half of Cairo is related to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I like that the retcon isn't some soap opera crap like Apocalypse feeling a need to fill the void his family left with Horsemen and his MO was just him trying to "drown his loneliness" or some such thing. He was a man with a mission, that he could consider failed, because Moira did more to move the world forward than he did. I also like that this pretty much makes it clear why they never tried to hide the relationship between Genesis and Annihilation. Annihilation can't be truly defeated and, even if Genesis defeated them in the duel Summoner mentioned, that just means Annihilation jumped from that body to Genesis' body and that's why the Horsemen went to Amenth's side. Could be, at least.

Anyway, a solid 10/10, I really enjoyed everything.
    Doesn’t this mean that his character is done now? He must end the story with the other world death so he can be rebooted cause they just went “the main motivation of this character is gone” time for a reboot! Though I personally think he is just lying

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    How? Death has been in arrako for thousands of years. When did he have kids on earth? In bce Egypt? By that logic half of Cairo is related to him.
    Which is possible because Chamber is also related to [A] he has many descendants that I'm sure he doesn't even know about and are most likely not even mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Grandson. Son of War.
    That’s a different summoner