Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They're really trying to go the whole 'well-intentioned extremist' angle with Apocalypse. See, he was a genocidal mass murderer who will literally end the world if left alone to save us all! I've seen this story before, and it rarely works. We don't even know for sure what the motives and goals are of these guys, so we don't even know for certain they're really the bad guys. And in the other timeline where Moira woke up Apocalypse, there's no sign they did anything like this. Just recruited the OG Horsemen and went to war with the rest of the planet.

I understand a lot of people are really liking these developments. Apocalypse has always been a pretty flat character, so its something new. But it just does not work for me. You can't rehabilitate a guy like him to me.

I mean, it makes him more interesting. But it certainly doesn't make me love the guy. It's like going "You know MCU Thanos is actually a pretty swell guy." when it's like "no, he's still a complete monster."

I have to say I’m more interested in Petra, Sway, Synch, Darwin, and X23.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They already had eggs ready, it seems the limiting factor.
    I thought a whole batch of eggs was destroyed, I remember Xavier telling Apoc if he died he would not be resurrected for a while, so that comment by Hope was probably erroneous unless the five know more about the eggs than Xavier himself .Then it would be fine

So if the demons were getting decidedly beat in this war, and show up to parley, what is the turning point that causes Apoc to flee and the world to be "sealed off"? It was clear at his point of exit she wasn't in the mask yet. That turn around is confusing me.

Otherwise I thought this was really well done, one of the better installments in the Event so far.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    So if the demons were getting decidedly beat in this war, and show up to parley, what is the turning point that causes Apoc to flee and the world to be "sealed off"? It was clear at his point of exit she wasn't in the mask yet. That turn around is confusing me.

Otherwise I thought this was really well done, one of the better installments in the Event so far.
    I think it comes down to whatever Anihlation “told” Genesis following the parlay and what kind of offer was made that Apocalypse didn’t know? I believe that X-men 12 wasn’t total lies by the summoner and the general outline of Arakko’s history in amenth was true. That the war went on for many many years, they built the society, Genesis lead an army, found that the White Sword turned, then Isca turned (again??) and then Genesis “battled” Anihlation and presumably ended up wearing it.

I’m confused on Isca turning after the parlay? Then Arrako, Genesis and Horsemen crossed to Amenth? Then the war went on for thousands of year and then Isca turned again and Arrako fell? I can’t wait to learn more about her and the white sword. Next week in Stasis hopefully!

Mighty Member

I like the fact that Genesis is the tough mom that’s doing whatever it takes for the family and Apocalypse was the dad that was too nice and lost his family because of it. I don’t think there’s anything worse or will change you when someone you love tells you you’re weak and to go toughen up. He did that for a long while, so I can see that making him bitter and going full on “kill the weak” because he saw himself as weak after Genesis told him that.

Seems like Annihilation told Genesis she could have everything she wanted if they joined together. Could come back and take over this world with their horde of demons and mutants.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Seems Woozie was right. 10 swords, but only 9 sword wielders for Krakoa. So we were all guessing the 10th wielder was a waste of time and energy....

Will this mean one of Krakoa will take on 2 sword bearers of Arakko....?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Before this retcon, Apocalypse was already a "well-intentioned extremist" because his philosophy was aimed at avoiding a Celestial judgment, for that the Celestials gave him his technology.

The retcon just gives an extra nuance.

That panel from PoX #3 of Nimrod mocking Apocalypse kinda feels different now, actually, Apocalypse's whole story from life #9 feels tragic now.

He managed to rescue his children (I guess by becoming stronger?) and he lost them to the machines, then lost everything he built trying to be stronger, and then he died mocked for not being strong enough by a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would they have Rictor and Rockslide eggs ready to go?

ETA: I dont think the eggs are the limiting factor bc Eva mentions that they've never worked that fast before after Xavier tells them to resurrect the two within the hour. If the eggs were already prepared, then it shouldnt have been an issue for Eva. Nah, I think this is just an inconsistency in the story
    My read is that the eggs are one of the biggest limiting factors, but not the only limiting factor. Hence why they could do it in X-Factor 4 (and Excalibur 6) somewhat fast with eggs (but still not immediate) and previous things saying the whole process takes about a day or tw.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would they have Rictor and Rockslide eggs ready to go?

ETA: I dont think the eggs are the limiting factor bc Eva mentions that they've never worked that fast before after Xavier tells them to resurrect the two within the hour. If the eggs were already prepared, then it shouldnt have been an issue for Eva. Nah, I think this is just an inconsistency in the story
    The eggs are blank.

They probably need time to prepare the DNA solution that they inject into them.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I foresee the 100 champions being a problem for Krakoa soon.Why would they need Krakoan protocols ,when they have WSword himself?
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    I think it comes down to whatever Anihlation “told” Genesis following the parlay and what kind of offer was made that Apocalypse didn’t know? I believe that X-men 12 wasn’t total lies by the summoner and the general outline of Arakko’s history in amenth was true. That the war went on for many many years, they built the society, Genesis lead an army, found that the White Sword turned, then Isca turned (again??) and then Genesis “battled” Anihlation and presumably ended up wearing it.

I’m confused on Isca turning after the parlay? Then Arrako, Genesis and Horsemen crossed to Amenth? Then the war went on for thousands of year and then Isca turned again and Arrako fell? I can’t wait to learn more about her and the white sword. Next week in Stasis hopefully!
    From what can be gleaned, White Sword didn't turn but he became so obsessed with his mission and zealous in his conviction, that he no longer recognised friend from foe.Only war and victory matter and only his champions are his brothers in arms.He is actually the 'Apocalypse' that Genesis wanted,but left on Krakoa because he was not 'Apocalypse' enough. Whitesword is a bit like Apoc crossed with Exodus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Apocalypse is unfit to run the Crucible. Replace him with Storm or Sabretooth.
    Exodus ...ONLY Exodus is worthy!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Seems Woozie was right. 10 swords, but only 9 sword wielders for Krakoa. So we were all guessing the 10th wielder was a waste of time and energy....

Will this mean one of Krakoa will take on 2 sword bearers of Arakko....?
    I previously joked that Gorgon is going to get killed in a quick manner before the big fight even starts. Like trying to rush at Annihilation by his lonesome, only to get killed swiftly to show how powerfull she is. Leaving only his swords which then two other characters (one being Kwanon) have to pick up.

Though i just had to imagine Sunfire suddently showing up with the actual Kusanagi no Tsuguri (Grasscutter) he borrowed from the Atsuta Shrine by basicly spending every favor he has with people in Japan, in order to help the X-men protect the world (and with that Japan) from Arrako and then calls out Gorgon's Grasscutter as obviously fake because it's a katana.