Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    All-New Member

It grows with Apocalypse so it would need to retain its shape no matter his size. So at is greatest size the weight is natural, it is only a big number at human size.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    cuckold Apocalypse is boring
    This is a legit opinion. I'm loving his arc so far, however I'm in agreement that I hope he 'becomes' the Apocalypse we 'know' him as, as part of a redemption arc in this event. The way his issue ended with him holding the sword angrily and saying, "Now watch me wield it", gives me hope.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is made from Red-Gold Iron of the Old Kings of Atlantis. So, magical metal.

Perhaps it is such a dense metal that for a normal Atlantean it would only be comfortable to wear underwater.
    Oh Orichalcum then?

Well that fits into the timeframe of Orrako existing somewhere between bronze and iron age. Also considering the magic properties writers have given it in various stories of fiction, it makes sense it would have such qualities here too.

Funny little info. There are theories that "orichalcum" aka "mountain copper" might have simply been brass.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-22-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Isca and Mystique team up to watch it all burn.
    Lolz, as Charlie Sheen said once 'I'm bi-winning.I win here and I win there'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    This is a legit opinion. I'm loving his arc so far, however I'm in agreement that I hope he 'becomes' the Apocalypse we 'know' him as, as part of a redemption arc in this event. The way his issue ended with him holding the sword angrily and saying, "Now watch me wield it", gives me hope.
    Go back and glean what you will from Summoner in issue 12. He can't be trusted but if he is in communion with an entity like Amenth his words have meaning and could be true. He said of Apocalypse

'But there are others who tell stories of betrayal, of sacrificing your family to preserve yourself and what little could be saved.Finally there are whispers of something worse - judgment and slavery to date - that you were a prisoner to the whims of others'

Now look how Amenth is introduced in issue #13
    It(Amenth) says 'Now let me see you with true eyes..
    I could read you if I wanted...but there's no need.I know quality when I see it...Who is it that seeks someone at their weakest? And in that spirit ,I would like to make an offer to you strong mutants of great quality.

Then Apocalypse wants to come forward..and is stopped by Genesis.

To me all this though not yet revealed stinks of Apocalypse's treachery, like Amenth already communicated with him across realms .M
    aybe as the weakest among his family he got jealous and communed with Amenth or summoned the entity for power.It seems to me Amenth was playing coy but right in front of all the family was giving a nod to Apocalypse's dark intentions to betray them all..'I know quality when I see it, Who is it that seeks someone at their weakest'..That last line speaks to a hidden hint that people of weak mind and spirit turn to nefarious and infernal powers for help or are willing to get personal gain through great cost to others.

When I look at it like that Apoc may have put his whole family and Arrako as bargaining chips for Amenth bestowing some power to him.Either his treacherous plan is still spinning or he has had buyer's remorse not different to Constantine in DC.So if in issue 12 it is hinted that all this time he has been in Amenth's thrall then we have a huge problem

With this in mind we may still have the treacherous villain we've always known.I wouldn't be hasty to claim he is a fluffy puppy just yet.If indeed summoners tales have any truth to them this may be the coldest Apoc we've ever had.

lmao this is a love story, they aren’t going the “Apocalypse BETRAYS them!!!!” route. That’s a boring and badly-written route that no writer worth their salt should ever go down again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lmao this is a love story, they aren’t going the “Apocalypse BETRAYS them!!!!” route. That’s a boring and badly-written route that no writer worth their salt should ever go down again.
    Love story ,sure but that doesn't mean elements of betrayal cannot be part of it.It is possible after the Stasis issue reveal, that Genesis is the one who sought out Amenth and Amenth instigated it all through her,knowing Apocalypse would be ripe for manipulation in due time.I am not saying it is that way but at least from White Swords conversation , Genesis betraying Arrako's cause and following her sister Isca is not something completely fanciful.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think it's set up to go the opposite way. He's gone through all of this to get his children and wife back but...they turn around and literally stab him in the back.
    And...From his reaction to reconnecting with Krakoa he will never allow his chosen mutant family/people to die at the hands of traitors and demons.

He's will lose either way it's only that which is the bigger loss and can he live with that decision. And what would be his ultimate sacrifice to ensure Krakoa and Arakko's safety and existence.

Genesis charged him with a job when she left...it will be shown he delivered, in spades. (At least I hope)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-29-2020 at 08:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Love story ,sure but that doesn't mean elements of betrayal cannot be part of it.It is possible after the Stasis issue reveal, that Genesis is the one who sought out Amenth and Amenth instigated it all through her,knowing Apocalypse would be ripe for manipulation in due time.I am not saying it is that way but at least from White Swords conversation , Genesis betraying Arrako's cause and following her sister Isca is not something completely fanciful.
    No one said anything about the elements of betrayal not being integral to this story. My problem is that Apocalypse isn’t the one who was doing the betraying nor will he, that was Genesis and the First Horsemen.

Incredible Member

Someone called Banshee the “king of cameos” earlier in this thread, I hope these multiple little exposures are building up to a big role, and a
    permanent team slot.