After reading the horrible mess that Aaron is writing in Avengers, I went and reread some of Hickman's run and and I was torn on his versions of the New Universe concepts, along with his version of Captain Universe. I thought they were too powerful and had little to no real character -- just means to further his grand story.
But after reading the limited series staring Starbrand (Kevin Conner) and Nightmask (Adam Darkveil) I've come to really like them and their partnership. It's really sad that Marvel has give Aaron such carte blanche on disregarding or totally wiping away with Hickman's creations. To see Ghost Rider kill Kevin so easily was stupid. Ignoring Nightmask and his connection with the Starbrand is stupid. Giving the starbrand to a newborn baby is stupid. And Claiming that the Starbrand was on Earth and apart of some team 1 million years ago is stupid.
Hickman plainly stated that the Starbrand was a planetary defence mechanism created during the LAST WHITE EVENT after a literal FIRST WHITE EVENT that ushers the Starbrand heralds. And the way it was written, this was the first time this happened because of the incursions (if I'm remembering right). Arron seems to have not cared for that and thinks the brand is just some cosmic mystery he can change whenever he wants like he does with Thor and especially Mjolnir. Like, why was the human woman and her unborn baby branded in Shi'ar space without a White Event? Are we to assume that this brand is Earth's? It was shown in SB & NM series that other planets can have their own Starbrand. Why could it not be the Shi'ar's, even though it didn't appear on a planet, but on a prison transfer ship. And if it had to go to some because Kevin was killed, then why not give it to the girl it supposed to have gone to in the first place (read the limited series)! AKA not another white person! MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!!

Speaking of other Starbrands, will we ever see the Kree's Starbrand again?

I highly doubt Aaron will explain what happened to the Starbrand that came to Earth 65 million years ago after bonding with the Hulk-looking guy on that stupid team. Nor will he mention what happened to Nightmask who was deeply connected to the Starbrand. He will just act like it the same brand, moving around the universe, bonding with whomever for no apparent reason.

Now I'm not saying Kevin was this great character that shouldn't have been killed off. I just think it was done in the most perplexing way. I do think Kevin did have potential. Yes he was too powerful, but there was a way to limited them according to the threat level posed to the Earth. Meaning, he wouldn't have access use cosmic level powers when dealing with everyday villain problems. The more powerful the threat the more powerful he'd become... something like being a Saiyan or whatever.

But truthfully, I'm just saying all of this because it was nice to see a cosmic level black guy flying around and I'm sad we'll probably never see him again, or if we do, he'll just be killed off.

So what are y'all opinion on the Starbrand and Nightmask and if we will ever see Adam Darkveil again?

SBandNMjpg.jpg