Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tolein View Post
    I wanted to post about something that has really been bugging me after I read the recent news that updates to Marvel Unlimited will changed from six months to three months. I really don't see anyone talking about this and to be honest it really upsets me. I have been a comic book reader since the 1980's and I love comic books. At this point in my life I am in a fortunate enough position where I regularly spend upwards of $200 per month on my pull list. I have been ignoring digital comics because I am just not interested in that format at all. I understood that one could purchase digitally for the same price as a physical copy and I honestly had no problem with that. What really upsets me is when a person can read entire runs of very recent comics for only $9.99 a month. A six month delay is one thing but moving that date up three months changes things in my mind and it's extremely unfair to the customers who regularly purchase physical copies of books.

I read both Physical and Digital. I like both. i cant afford to buy all the books I want to buy each month so I have no problem waiting for them to come out on unlimited. Why should I or anyone else who can not afford 200 bucks a month on comics have to suffer and be punished because you dont think its fair? You dont like Marvel unlimited dont read it. That is your choice. You want to spend 200 bucks on comics that is your choice. some people like me dont care as much about collecting so much as reading and enjoying the stories. Why should I not be able to do that because you and other Floppy diehards want to bitch about how it is unfair to you?

My question would be other then child like anger how is someone like me waiting three months for comics hurting you in any way?
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-21-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolein View Post
    I understood that one could purchase digitally for the same price as a physical copy and I honestly had no problem with that. What really upsets me is when a person can read entire runs of very recent comics for only $9.99 a month. A six month delay is one thing but moving that date up three months changes things in my mind and it's extremely unfair to the customers who regularly purchase physical copies of books.
    To put it bluntly what the heck does another person spending 9.99 a month have to do with you? Marvel Unlimited is a digital library that means they are paying for access not ownership.They miss out on three clear things

1. Physical copy
    2. Ownership of the book
    3. Resale of the book

There is only one thing worth complaining about it is buying digital copies and not having true ownership, Comixology can shutdown tomorrow and every comic which I buy at full price would disappear and I wouldn't have a collection. You don't have that issue because your collection physical.

Physical comics are pieces of art so they actually go up in value my mother some years back threw away my Deadpool 1,Spawn 2 and Wildcats 1. Those comics are clearly worth more day and if you get them signed they are worth even more . You can't get a digital comic signed ,You can't resell a digital comic.

Anyway Digital access has its place, The big thing for me was couple years ago I moved with all my comics and it was freaking annoying and from that point on I was digital. And I am not going to lie I used to pirate comics I had 3 terabyte hardrive filled with comics and there was no great feeling than being able to go vacation some where and have access to my complete collection. I am happy now that I have legal option to do this very thing and support the creators.

Access to digital library has nothing to do with you and your spending
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-22-2020 at 05:17 AM.