Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Daredevil#23 Spoilers

Hey if you guys like Spider-Man and like Spider-Man and Daredevil stories. Read Issue #23. It's just for you guys.

Yup their relationship is the best in this book and it's funny how although Kingpin is a bigger threat to Daredevil he was originally Spiderman villain. Love chip version of spiderman he makes me way more serious than usual which isn't a bad thing at all
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spider-Man vs Wolverine was referenced, how rare lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I love Spider-Man's heart-to-heart with Daredevil in this issue. Those two are much better as close comrades than antagonists to each other. That said, I'm willing to bet Chip Zdarsky is saving Daredevil and Spider-Man relearning each other's secret identities for a bigger issue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Just skimmed it to get to this part. Wow, Zdarsky just keeps getting my heart with these characters. Spider-Man and Daredevil are my #1 and #3 favorite superheroes of all-time, so to see them be not only good friends but this close is incredible in my opinion. I'm 100% getting the OHC to this run, because Zdarsky just keeps knocking it out the park.

BANNED

Zdarsky -- Daredevil-spiderman hug.jpg

This image is 2020 for me. We can't hug out our friends and partners due to social distancing, but in comics seeing DD and Spidey bro-out is really what this year can use.

When was the last time we had a comic team-up had two heroes hug each other, none of the no-homo fake macho BS, none of the jerk behavior. When did Tony Stark ever hug any other hero, or Wolverine? And of course there's Batman who is incapable of human feeling.

This feels special and it feels in-character for these two characters.

And if there's anyone who needs a hug, it's Spider-Man.

I'm glad to see the two of them are friends again. I never liked how Spencer had Matt believe Peter was buddies with Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Zdarsky -- Daredevil-spiderman hug.jpg

This image is 2020 for me. We can't hug out our friends and partners due to social distancing, but in comics seeing DD and Spidey bro-out is really what this year can use.

When was the last time we had a comic team-up had two heroes hug each other, none of the no-homo fake macho BS, none of the jerk behavior. When did Tony Stark ever hug any other hero, or Wolverine? And of course there's Batman who is incapable of human feeling.

This feels special and it feels in-character for these two characters.

And if there's anyone who needs a hug, it's Spider-Man.
    Absolutely! I loved that moment. It just shows the difference between these characters from everyone else. There's entirely too many people who are feigning toxic masculinity with "yeah Batman's so hardcore" and "no feelings! kill everyone!" that it's sickening. This! THIS is humanity and true masculinity. I may be overthinking it, but it's so refreshing to see something like this in modern-day superhero comics.

Extraordinary Member

The only issue I had with their bro-moment was that they did not start calling each other by Matt and Pete.

I also love that someone finally...after how many years??...acknowledged Pete killing Charlie in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The only issue I had with their bro-moment was that they did not start calling each other by Matt and Pete.

I also love that someone finally...after how many years??...acknowledged Pete killing Charlie in Germany.
    It was actually mentioned before in ASM #655 during "No One Dies", the one other reference I can think of right now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It was actually mentioned before in ASM #655 during "No One Dies", the one other reference I can think of right now.
    And Chip Zdarsky brought it up himself in his fifth issue of Daredevil, when he first had Spider-Man come to Daredevil and tell him in no uncertain terms that he wasn't putting on that costume again in his current state, relating what happened with Charlie all those years back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That might be the only one, Chalemagne is mostly forgotten.

Not surprising really, even George isn't talked as much when it comes to Spidey's loved ones who died, so Charlemagne has even less of a chance of being remembered lol.

Hell, was Charlemagne even remembered in the issues soon after it? I might be wrong, but I only remember it really focusing on Ned's death and him being the Hobgoblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And Chip Zdarsky brought it up himself in his fifth issue of Daredevil, when he first had Spider-Man come to Daredevil and tell him in no uncertain terms that he wasn't putting on that costume again in his current state, relating what happened with Charlie all those years back.
    Huh, yeah, Spidey says "he's been there" when it comes to killing someone, but it didn't click, thought he was talking about those times someone indirectly died because of him and he blamed himself.

Honestly, it's nice this is being referenced, Spidey killing someone so directly is a big deal, even if he didn't have the intention, he still punched Charlemagne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I'm glad to see the two of them are friends again. I never liked how Spencer had Matt believe Peter was buddies with Fisk.
    This bugs me too. Matt knows better than anyone how full of **** Kingpin is, plus he has a history with Spider-Man and should give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-21-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    This bugs me too. Matt knows better than anyone how full of **** Kingpin is, plus he has a history with Spider-Man and should give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Him and Jones believing Kingpin over Spidey is weird.

Like, Matt is still friends with Spidey, even though they don't know each other's secret identities anymore, they're still friends, so he should've guessed first that Fisk was trying something.

Jones, she's a private detective, and friends with Spidey, knows his secret identity and all, she both didn't guess that Fisk was planning something, and didn't trust Peter? Come on...

Only reason I can really see that they suspect him is that Fisk is only being nice with Spidey, and not the other heroes, which looks suspicious, but both of them should know better, specially Matt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Him and Jones believing Kingpin over Spidey is weird.

Like, Matt is still friends with Spidey, even though they don't know each other's secret identities anymore, they're still friends, so he should've guessed first that Fisk was trying something.

Jones, she's a private detective, and friends with Spidey, knows his secret identity and all, she both didn't guess that Fisk was planning something, and didn't trust Peter? Come on...

Only reason I can really see that they suspect him is that Fisk is only being nice with Spidey, and not the other heroes, which looks suspicious, but both of them should know better, specially Matt lol.
    I wonder if Spencer dropped that plot point to be honest, because i don't remember it being that prominent in his run, my only guest is that was something that he did make Peter feel more desperate about rebuilding his life, but overall that part feels kind of pointless.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona