Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    There's Superman vs Imperius Lex which is for sure ending up in my reading list, though that's a consequence of the creative team (I seldom miss a book when Mark Russell is on writing duties). Aside from that, I see so little creativity in this Frankenstein monster created from the rotten remains of the aborted 5G that I'm perfectly fine with a one-title pull list.

So brilliant Frank Miller had it after decades spent devastating his own brain with alcohol and God knows how many other substances. Sometimes I genuinely wonder if words aren't losing their meaning...
    This isn't being written by Miller so maybe it won't be as dumb as whatever he wrote. An idea isn't automatically a bad one just because Miller also thought of it.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Too early to tell
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Stan Lee did also an South American Wonder Woman and a black Batman in his alternate version of the DC Universe.
    Oh yeah, Stan Lee in the early 2000's! There's another example of somebody formerly known as a creative mind getting the revolutionary idea of setting an Amazon tribe in the Amazon rainforest!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This isn't being written by Miller so maybe it won't be as dumb as whatever he wrote. An idea isn't automatically a bad one just because Miller also thought of it.
    So it's a sign of brilliance? Because I wouldn't have objected if that member hadn't used that particular word: brilliant. No, seriously, tell me: where's the brilliance in Amazons settling the Amazon rainforest? Where? As far as I'm concerned, any reaction which does not fit somewhere in the scale from "well, duh!" to "gee, what a coinkidink!" is out of context.

DC has so many incredible heroes in their Universe.i wish instead of creating new ones they take the potential they have in these characters and put them to use I don't have an issue with creating New Blood but at least use the characters that people love that are in Limbo.just to name a few .

Empress.Crimson Avenger.Lady Quark.Bombshell.Magenta.Firehawk.Looker.Black Alice.Isis. for the Women.
    Bronze Tiger.Omac.Wonder Boy=Bobby Barnes.Geo Force.Red Inferno.Red Tornado.Brain Wave.Cpt Comet.Bloodwynd. for the Men would be nice to see these Characters again.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    But Tim is Robin in this. You've wanted that for a while now.
    Yes, I love Tim, but I'm never been interested in possible future stories, multiverse and characters alternative versions.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    DC has so many incredible heroes in their Universe.i wish instead of creating new ones they take the potential they have in these characters and put them to use I don't have an issue with creating New Blood but at least use the characters that people love that are in Limbo.just to name a few .

Empress.Crimson Avenger.Lady Quark.Bombshell.Magenta.Firehawk.Looker.Black Alice.Isis. for the Women.
    Bronze Tiger.Omac.Wonder Boy=Bobby Barnes.Geo Force.Red Inferno.Red Tornado.Brain Wave.Cpt Comet.Bloodwynd. for the Men would be nice to see these Characters again.
    Isis NEEDS to be Arrowverse synergied if she ever appears again. Her name is associated with terrorists, so it has to go. The version of her on Legends of Tomorrow doesn't have a codename for that reason.

Bombshell needs a rebrand if they bring her back too, as there's now a Marvel teen heroine with that name, an ally of Miles Morales and a member of the Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious what the reaction would be if "Future State" was more permanent. Atleast people wouldn't call it "filler" anymore

100%

They have a ton of wonderful femmes and hommes just waiting to have their potential mined

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious what the reaction would be if "Future State" was more permanent. Atleast people wouldn't call it "filler" anymore
    Meltdowns galore. Everyone’s faves getting replaced all at once? Didio up front telling everyone this is intended to be permanent? Wally West getting possessed and maybe killing the Flash Family to clear the board for 5G Flash? It would not have been pretty.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm excited honestly, there are very few must read titles at DC at the moment even before all these books were getting cancelled. I am interested in most of the line for future state, so it'l be nice to have multiple books I am wanting to read again. Hope that streak continues in March.

I’m pretty excited because it’s doing what I love about dc legacy characters, taking them and doing something new and interesting with them while not forgetting what came before. Yes there’s a new Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman/Woman, and etc....but guess what most if not all of the characters that came before are still available for you to read if you want.

I’m genuinely intrigued to try out some of the new characters like the Next Batman and see what some newer or at least new ish have in store for us. I’m also interested in seeing if it will have any impact on main continuity or not, some I would say definitely like that new Multiverse Flash (I mean if anyone shows up randomly in the multiverse these days it’s a Flash) but others are hard to say (looking at Red X).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

My theory is that this Future State event is simply a way for DC to get some cash out of the 5G material that had already been contracted for/paid for before Dan DiDio got fired.

Rich Johnston said that DC paid kill fees to end the 5G project once DiDio got fired, but at least DC can recoup some of their kill fees for the stuff that was already done.

Under DiDio, 5G was supposed to be a permanent change -- this year's version of the New 52 -- but now it's just a 2-month break so DC can get their line back on track.

Future's End will mean less to the DCU going forward than Convergence did. Expect stores to order very conservatively on this in spite of how DC made it fully returnable. Stores can't afford another Convergence-type burn with the way the market is now.

With DC pissing off stores by dropping Diamond as distributor and now surrendering their entire line to a two-month "who cares" event, DC really needs to rebuild bridges and restore goodwill to both fans and comic stores in 2021.

Otherwise, expect to see more management shakeups. Jim Lee is really only an asset as far as his art is concerned and Warners doesn't want to lose him to Marvel or self-publishing. As an executive, I don't really think he's all that irreplaceable, so there's only so much patience AT&T/Warners can have with him and the way DC is going these days.

Dc is bonkers. Dceased was one of the most successful comics last year [critically and commercially] that didn't lead to changes. I'll be curious to see if the future state popular ideas are as popular/well received as the ones they ignored with Dceased.

batman who sews v Luke batman lets see who wins the sales and reviews wars

DCeased Trinty v Future state JL books

HAWE Robin v Robin Eternal

Unkillables v whatever Future State is doing Red Hood
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.

I keep thinking Quicksilver is gonna pop up as the new Flash.

DC doesn't care about diversity and they never have done. After Future State We might get a Brazilian WW who when you consider how much DC has done with Diana's supporting cast doesn't have a promising future.

Luke will go back to been support when he's lucky to get some panel space.

Wallace will continue being Kid Flash while Barry and wally fight over the Flash mantle

Bumblee Bee and co will go back to whatever they are doing now since retconing them as the 1st TT isn't about to change anything.

DC should know by now that cutting corners don't work.