All-New Member

Default Batman: No Man's Land

What is the best reading order for Batman: No Man's Land (in trade paperbacks)?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFBatfan20 View Post
    What is the best reading order for Batman: No Man's Land (in trade paperbacks)?
    There are a couple versions of NML tpbs. The newer versions have 4 volumes, the older ones have 5 volumes. For the newer ones, I'd suggest

Cataclysm (Earthquake the precedes NML)
    Road to No Man's Land v1-2
    No Man's Land v1-4.

That's the event. If you want more context, NML is preceded by
    Contagion
    Legacy v1-2
    There is then a gap between Legacy and Cataclysm that can be found in Batman: Knights Out and Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones Vol. 2.

After NML are a series of New Gotham stories collected in
    Batman by Rucka v1-2, Officer Down, Batman by Brubaker v1-2, Gotham Knights: Transference, Gotham Knights Contested, Bruce Wayne Murder?, and Bruce Wayne:Fugitive v1-2,
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    There are a couple versions of NML tpbs. The newer versions have 4 volumes, the older ones have 5 volumes. For the newer ones, I'd suggest

Cataclysm (Earthquake the precedes NML)
    Road to No Man's Land v1-2
    No Man's Land v1-4.

That's the event. If you want more context, NML is preceded by
    Contagion
    Legacy v1-2
    There is then a gap between Legacy and Cataclysm that can be found in Batman: Knights Out and Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones Vol. 2.

After NML are a series of New Gotham stories collected in
    Batman by Rucka v1-2, Officer Down, Batman by Brubaker v1-2, Gotham Knights: Transference, Gotham Knights Contested, Bruce Wayne Murder?, and Bruce Wayne:Fugitive v1-2,
    After No Man's Land it's better to get:
    New Gotham v1-2, Turning Point, Gotham Central v1-4, Bruce Wayne: Murdere ?, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive v1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    New Gotham v1-2, Turning Point, Gotham Central v1-4, Bruce Wayne: Murdere ?, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive v1-2.
    Any idea on what the road to no man's land omnibus collects? Does it collect cataclysm?

Also does anyone know if no man's land 1-4 are going to be collected in an omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Any idea on what the road to no man's land omnibus collects? Does it collect cataclysm?

Also does anyone know if no man's land 1-4 are going to be collected in an omnibus?
    Road to No Man's Land collect "Aftermath" - happens after Cataclysm.
    No Man's Land is alread in omnibus format, but it's so big that it's in 3 volumes - will never be in 1 book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post

The Road to No Man's Land omnibus appears to collect the entire contents of the Cataclysm and Road to NML tpb v1,2 (Batman 553, Detective 723, Detective 730 appear in the CGN solicitations for those three trades but do not appear in their solicitation for the omnibus - this could be an error, but we won't know if the contents matches perfectly until the omni is released and someone checks. CGN's solicits might also be wrong).

One would imagine if this omni sells well enough, we'll see two NML omnis come out in 2022. Most big Batman stories come out about yearly - Knightfall was about 7 months between volumes, Grant Morrison was about a year between volumes, we'll be closer to 18 months minimum on Scott Snyder's run, etc.

I'm still writing for a TPB collecting Sasha's first days as a Checkmate agent.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm still writing for a TPB collecting Sasha's first days as a Checkmate agent.
    Writting or Wayting ?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Is there a collection with Officer Down anymore?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I'm surprised that the New Gotham books don't collected it .
    I read the French Version (I'm French) and they collected all of new Gotham including Turing Point and Officer Down. Sadly the DC omnibus doesn't include all. Why, it's a mistery. But I see the excisting "Officer Down" doesn't duplicate any issue of the New Gotham trades.

Looking for it, I came across an interesting book - Batman: Gordon of Gotham - BATMAN: GORDON OF GOTHAM #1-4, BATMAN: GCPD #1-4 and BATMAN: GORDON’S LAW #1-4

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Officer Down never got a reprint AFAIK, just the original release from 2001. I thought we'd get a new printing (maybe with Turning Points?) when they did the Rucka New Gotham collections or now w/the Grayson Gotham Knights ones, but nothing.

Writting or Wayting ?
    Waiting.

Sorry.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Waiting.

Sorry.
    Well there is already a Checkmate omnibus, well 2 - it's Checkmate By Greg Rucka Book 1-2.