Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    I don't have a problem with people disliking Snyder that isn't what this thread is about. I have an issue of people painting Feige in a completely different and unrealistic light. Maybe I should have worded the thread differently but everything I say is genuine and not trolling
    The man does a great job and gets credit for it. Isn't that how its supposed to work?

Incredible Member

In my opinion they are bad movies period and no movies cannot be empirical

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Reading minds I see to ascribe motivations.

There wasn't a gender swap in the traditional sense rather Carol took over for him in the comics (well, actually took his mantel later), he wasn't retconned to be her. It is the same as when in the new Batwoman TV series Kate becomes the new "Bat" after Bruce abandons Gotham. She would be a successor character.
    I was talking about this

He absolutely did impose his jaundice vision. Yeah making Mar Vell a middle aged woman and Star Lord a man child is honoring the source material.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    The man does a great job and gets credit for it. Isn't that how its supposed to work?
    Only if the OP thinks he does a great job, apparently.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Hard to believe when you're whinning about a gender swapping of a character whos been dead since the last century but whatever
    So if carol died and stayed dead for 50 years would you be fine with a captain marvel movie in the future that makes her a man? IDC how old the comic is they should remain accurate to the material

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I was talking about this
    Oh, my mistake, I apologize, carry on.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Alright I won't mention Zack Snyder.
    Next page:

and how does that not apply to Snyder?

If the reason is because he is a 'comic book nerd' and passionate well so is Zack Snyder yet nobody gives him ANY slack and assumes the worst out of him. Yet Feige gets a pass for virtually everything
    It isn't impressive when all the movies feel the same and are constantly overrated. Also if the Snyder Cut is successful it will start a franchise
    Zack Snyder does something different instead of making just another superhero movie but you criticism him for it

My issue however is framing feige like a white knight. Did people praise Snyder for making the Justice League diverse? If JL had Feige's name on it people would praise it for that and get a 100 percent on rotten tomatoes
    People say Zack Snyder hates Superman based on his movies. For doing what exactly?
    And endearing passion project? Why does that not apply to Zack Snyder movies? That aside I disagree.
    Every character is way different. It is like when people say Snyder's take on superman is bad.

Well I have personally seen people say Snyder hates Superman and only likes deconstructionist work like TDKR and Watchmen. I personally disagree with the idea Superman wasn't hopeful but that is a different discussion

Your description about the GotG is about as general as me saying Snyder understands superman because he keeps the core of his character which is being heroic and wearing a blue suit.
    But again did people praise Zack Snyder for making Justice League more diverse and did he risk his career by casting a Hawaiian for Aquaman, a Jewish person for Flash and Israeli woman for Wonder Woman?

I don't have a problem with people disliking Snyder that isn't what this thread is about. I have an issue of people painting Feige in a completely different and unrealistic light. Maybe I should have worded the thread differently but everything I say is genuine and not trolling

Yeah, I don't think it is Feige that isn't being 'genuine' OR that the OP is posting in good faith at all.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Sure he does deserve credit for making the MCU. But he shouldnt be painted as a saint or white knight for hiring somebody of color

I will leave it at this since this thread is going nowhere. If Feige hired Chloe Zhao and Nia DaCosta and said "We are hiring these people because they are great directors and have great visions" and announced the casts as "these are great actors who will play great characters" similar to how he announced Whedon and the Russos I wouldn't make this thread. But no he goes an extra mile to say they hired them for diversity and inclusion. They make their skin color a point instead of their talents be the point. IDC if a filmmaker is a woman or person of color but Feige wants marvel to look inclusive while still barring people of color from significant leadership roles at the company. Again I don't think Feige is a racist and he certainly has produced some solid movies, he is just looking for new ways to make money and right now inclusion is big. You think Feige would be making these announcements in this spirit if we didn't have these big racial movements? You think the NBA and NFL and these other corporations would be putting political messages in their products if it wasn't for political movements going on right?

And I don't think it is commendable for Feige hiring diverse people because people do that all the time. My dad's staff at his business is very diverse yet nobody is singing him praise nor does he brag about it.

I can only speak for myself. I don't see Feige as some sort of Christ incarnate who can do no wrong nor do I think he makes every choice for altruistic reasons. I just like what he has accomplished with characters I only knew by name and the fact that MCU is the very reason why I started reading comics. Not every character acts the way they do in the comics but I can say he is successful at capturing the essence of the characters most of the time (not always). Also the fact that MCU movies are generally liked by both average movie goers and comicbook readers (this isn't really subjective when you consider box office, reviews by movie critics and general audience etc.) and lastly his willingness to take risks with properties like GOTG, Black Panther and Captain Marvel and turn them into household names makes me really appreciate him as the head of Marvel Studios.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Only if the OP thinks he does a great job, apparently.
    I do think Feige has done a great job. glad we agree

I do think Feige has done a great job. glad we agree
    I also think he's done a great job, all things considered.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Empirically false? Movies are subjective
    but Box office receipts are not.

the VAST majority of the human beings who've sampled both sets of films VASTLY prefer the MCU. In addition, the VAST majority of movie-goers are not comic book fans. This is empirical evidence of the superiority of the MCU project both as commerce and as commercial art. MORE people have been reached and pleased by the work. The end. Your opinion to the contrary is valid in that it's yours but that's all it is.

I did know Mar Vell and Star Lord before the movies. And because they are unknown means they don't deserve respect?
    Did you, though? Are you talking about Captain Mar Vell, his LEGACY, Genis Vell or his daughter Phylla Vell? What about Monica Rambeau? All of these were Captain Marvel prior to Carol taking the gig. Feige could legitimately have chosen any of them to take the role in the films. ANY.

This is a nonsense conversation. You have no ground to stand on.

Fictional characters deserve nothing. not respect or anything else. they don't actually exist. They are for us to do with as we like. The end.

In my opinion they are bad movies period and no movies cannot be empirical
    In your opinion they're bad, but in the opinion of everyone else in this topic, they're good.

Rather than accepting you have an unpopular opinion, you're trying to argue that everyone else is wrong and you're the only one that's right.
    How did you expect this to go?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In your opinion they're bad, but in the opinion of everyone else in this topic, they're good.

Rather than accepting you have an unpopular opinion, you're trying to argue that everyone else is wrong and you're the only one that's right.
    what movies specifically? I have loved and hate some MCU movies. All I said was movies are not empirical

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I know you didn't ask me, but this is exactly how I thought this thread would go. XD XD XD
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.