Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Why do people love Kevin Feige so much?

It seems like people on the internet just love Kevin Feige almost to a degree to where if you criticize him for anything they feel the need to deflect any criticism of this multi millionaire 20 year movie producer away to somebody else. As an example I comment on a post about a quote from Mark Ruffalo claiming Feige threatened to leave unless Disney allowed him to make the MCU more diverse and many people were praising him for it. I however am skeptical about it and mentioned to someone how he was complacent for 7 years on getting a black and woman superhero movie. Of course they deflected on being Perlmutter who was the problem yet ignore the fact Feige also white washed the Ancient One for China, censored Black Panther posters for China as well and only threatened to leave marvel NOW. He could've threatened to leave marvel back in 2010 for not getting his way but he didn't, instead just going along with what Perlmutter wanted. And his talk about risking his career for diversity is so BS. Name me one producer who ruined their career by pushing inclusion. Last time I checked people were demanding more diversity in movies

Note I don't have an issue with diversity what I do have is Feige prancing around these people of color like they're new toys for his collection. IDC if a director is white, brown, black or purple. When Feige hired Joss Whedon did he make a statement about how excited he was to hire a white guy? And excuses about Perlmutter only go so far. I literally read somewhere that somebody from marvel literally said "Ike doesn't discriminate or care about diversity he focuses on money." Like why would Perlmutter care if a movie director is black? Most people aren't going to pay attention to who makes the films. Literally every criticism I have just gets deflected to somebody because Feige never does anything wrong

It is just frustrating trying to have any discussion about Feige since people treat him like Jesus Christ. If the reason is because he is a 'comic book nerd' and passionate well so is Zack Snyder yet nobody gives him ANY slack and assumes the worst out of him. Yet Feige gets a pass for virtually everything

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

He gave us the Infinity Saga.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

These threads are always in bad faith.

Look, there's a fanboy for everything on the internet. Feige is not a special case. If you don't like him as much as others, that's not a big deal either. There are lots of people that don't. It doesn't make you special and you don't need to act like it's you against the world. Just express your opinion respectfully and move on.

Feige is a very successful producer. He seems a little bit more gifted and more in tune with what the average fan wants compared to some other producers. And for the most part he's given many fans what they wanted out of Marvel movies, and he's done that while making the MCU a pop culture milestone for the entire world. That is enough to understand why he is loved by many.

P.S hiring a white guy is not the same thing as hiring a black guy, black woman, Asian woman, woman etc. It will never be a big deal because the majority of comic book movie directors are white men. That's why it's a big deal when someone other than that gets picked. This is like saying Obama becoming the first black US president wasn't a big deal regardless of whether you like him or not. It's 2020 and people still don't understand what representation actually means.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 10-22-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

As for why he didn't threaten to leave at an earlier point, he didn't have the clout in 2010 that he did several years later as a producer. In 2010 he would've been replaced almost instantly and the Infinity Saga would've ben very different.

When he did threaten to leave if he had to clash with Perlmutter anymore he did so from a much greater position of power. He was just more important then than he was in 2010.

You created a thread so people can flame you about Kevin Feige? Okay I guess. The man track record speaks for itself. There is no reason for me to go in depth on all your points because honestly a big part why this is a issue is you and not the facts. Does Feige get too much credit? Sure. But not understanding that his boss(Perlmutter) had a clear philosophy on things that stop things from happening is factual. People probably told you were wrong in that thread and people are going to tell that you are wrong in this thread. Your criticism isn't being being deflected because "Feige never does anything wrong" it because your opinion is a bad one.

I am not going to back forth I am going just going to show the slate of stuff now that Feige is firmly in control

Blade
    Falcon and Winter Solider
    Shang Chi
    Ms Marvel
    She Hulk
    WandaVision
    Eternals-With a diverse cast
    Thor- with Jane taking a central role

The slate of stuff before had 20 plus movies had 1 black lead, 1 had female lead. The quote "Ike doesn't discriminate or care about diversity he focuses on money." when you have the thinking that movies with minorities or women leads don't sell what do you think happens?

Lastly Zach Synder does not get any slack because he has had major creative failures. Feigie has overseen maybe the best stretch in terms of success for a movies ever. Plus Feige and company did what Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Lost, How I meet your mother and host of other things failed to do. Which is to close off a pop culture phenom with a satisfying ending. Everytime I see people try to be critical of Endgame now people don't seem understand how big of deal it was to create a movie that satisfyingly wrap up peoples years of investment in franchise ,satisfyingly closed movie arc AND make sure the movie felt epic and big. I just have to point across over to other side at Disney and Star Wars show what a big deal sticking the landing was for MCU. Synder/Whedon failed to make a profit for a movie with Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,the Justice League and that every comic book nerd was waiting for to happen. If years ago before they were made someone told you that Aquaman would make a billion and Justice League movie would leave WB/DC in a hole financially you would have been laughed out of the room. Something like this is the most amazing thing

Cap 1
    Budget $140–216.7 million
    Box office $370.6 million
    Cap 2
    Budget $170–177 million
    Box office $714.4 million
    Cap 3
    Budget $250 million
    Box office $1.153 billion

Man of Steel
    Budget $225–258 million
    Box office $668 million

BatmanVSuperman
    Budget $250–300 million
    Box office $873.6 million

Justice League
    Budget $300 million
    Box office $657.9 million

So there that is a visual representation of why Zach Synder gets no slack. It is mind blowning with those characters how much they whiffed. And to further bring it home this what people did other DC characters who aren't the big names

Aquaman
    Budget $160–200 million
    Box office $1.148 billion

Shazam
    Budget $80–100 million
    Box office $366 million

Wonder Woman
    Budget $120–150 million
    Box office $821.8 million
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-22-2020 at 02:15 AM.

He's dreamy........

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Kevin Feige isn't beyond criticism and has his supporters as well as his detractors. Feige has been very successful and delivered many things in Marvel movies that fans dreamed of seeing.

I don't think most people believe Feige is morally better than any other Hollywood producer/exec.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 10-22-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It's also a bit ridiculous to assert that Zack Snyder doesn't have any fanboys on the internet that make excuse on top of excuse for his objective and opinionated failures. There are several spaces on the vast internet that treat him like he's Jesus Christ too. His criticisms are just much louder because compared to Feige he is far less successful with audiences and critics. But if you so much as make a joke about the Snyder Cut on Twitter your mentions will get flooded with replies saying all kinds of things. Snyder himself has gotten people bullied on there and others have talked about receiving death threats.

Feige is well liked because, well, how many bad Marvel Studios movies has there been? They're all successful, with the least liked probably being Thor: The Dark World (Thor Ragnarok was drastically different) and Incredible Hulk (which is almost canon discontinuity as he ended up recast for Avengers).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You created a thread so people can flame you about Kevin Feige? Okay I guess. The man track record speaks for itself. There is no reason for me to go in depth on all your points because honestly a big part why this is a issue is you and not the facts. Does Feige get too much credit? Sure. But not understanding that his boss(Perlmutter) had a clear philosophy on things that stop things from happening is factual. People probably told you were wrong in that thread and people are going to tell that you are wrong in this thread. Your criticism isn't being being deflected because "Feige never does anything wrong" it because your opinion is a bad one.

I am not going to back forth I am going just going to show the slate of stuff now that Feige is firmly in control

Blade
    Falcon and Winter Solider
    Shang Chi
    Ms Marvel
    She Hulk
    WandaVision
    Eternals-With a diverse cast
    Thor- with Jane taking a central role

The slate of stuff before had 20 plus movies had 1 black lead, 1 had female lead. The quote "Ike doesn't discriminate or care about diversity he focuses on money." when you have the thinking that movies with minorities or women leads don't sell what do you think happens?

Lastly Zach Synder does not get any slack because he has had major creative failures. Feigie has overseen maybe the best stretch in terms of success for a movies ever. Plus Feige and company did what Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Lost, How I meet your mother and host of other things failed to do. Which is to close off a pop culture phenom with a satisfying ending. Everytime I see people try to be critical of Endgame now people don't seem understand how big of deal it was to create a movie that satisfyingly wrap up peoples years of investment in franchise ,satisfyingly closed movie arc AND make sure the movie felt epic and big. I just have to point across over to other side at Disney and Star Wars show what a big deal sticking the landing was for MCU. Synder/Whedon failed to make a profit for a movie with Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,the Justice League and that every comic book nerd was waiting for to happen. If years ago before they were made someone told you that Aquaman would make a billion and Justice League movie would leave WB/DC in a hole financially you would have been laughed out of the room. Something like this is the most amazing thing

Cap 1
    Budget $140–216.7 million
    Box office $370.6 million
    Cap 2
    Budget $170–177 million
    Box office $714.4 million
    Cap 3
    Budget $250 million
    Box office $1.153 billion

Man of Steel
    Budget $225–258 million
    Box office $668 million

BatmanVSuperman
    Budget $250–300 million
    Box office $873.6 million

Justice League
    Budget $300 million
    Box office $657.9 million

So there that is a visual representation of why Zach Synder gets no slack. It is mind blowning with those characters how much they whiffed. And to further bring it home this what people did other DC characters who aren't the big names

Aquaman
    Budget $160–200 million
    Box office $1.148 billion

Shazam
    Budget $80–100 million
    Box office $366 million

Wonder Woman
    Budget $120–150 million
    Box office $821.8 million
    There was a similar thread over in the X-Forum started by the OP. Basically it was an anti Feige/MCU rant.

It didn't go well over there and got closed, so I guess the idea is to bring it up in a new forum. I think this will suffer a similar fate.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    He gave us the Infinity Saga.
    this times a million.

if you bet me all the money in the world that I would see friggin Thanos on the big screen I would be 10 feet under in debt.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    It seems like people on the internet just love Kevin Feige almost to a degree to where if you criticize him for anything they feel the need to deflect any criticism of this multi millionaire 20 year movie producer away to somebody else. As an example I comment on a post about a quote from Mark Ruffalo claiming Feige threatened to leave unless Disney allowed him to make the MCU more diverse and many people were praising him for it. I however am skeptical about it and mentioned to someone how he was complacent for 7 years on getting a black and woman superhero movie. Of course they deflected on being Perlmutter who was the problem yet ignore the fact Feige also white washed the Ancient One for China, censored Black Panther posters for China as well and only threatened to leave marvel NOW. He could've threatened to leave marvel back in 2010 for not getting his way but he didn't, instead just going along with what Perlmutter wanted. And his talk about risking his career for diversity is so BS. Name me one producer who ruined their career by pushing inclusion. Last time I checked people were demanding more diversity in movies

Note I don't have an issue with diversity what I do have is Feige prancing around these people of color like they're new toys for his collection. IDC if a director is white, brown, black or purple. When Feige hired Joss Whedon did he make a statement about how excited he was to hire a white guy? And excuses about Perlmutter only go so far. I literally read somewhere that somebody from marvel literally said "Ike doesn't discriminate or care about diversity he focuses on money." Like why would Perlmutter care if a movie director is black? Most people aren't going to pay attention to who makes the films. Literally every criticism I have just gets deflected to somebody because Feige never does anything wrong

It is just frustrating trying to have any discussion about Feige since people treat him like Jesus Christ. If the reason is because he is a 'comic book nerd' and passionate well so is Zack Snyder yet nobody gives him ANY slack and assumes the worst out of him. Yet Feige gets a pass for virtually everything
    also your bias is showing - stop making inflammatory threads

Ultimate Member

And another 'I don't understand how people can like things I don't!' thread.

There are lots of movies that are quite popular that I just don't get the appeal of (the Transformers movies, for instance), but I don't feel the urge to post thread after thread concern-trolling people who liked them. People have different tastes.

It's great that we live in a time where there are movies for me, and movies for you, Dboi. I'm happy for you. Be happy for me in return.

Mighty Member

I think it's simple, he is good at his job.
    I mean, to juggle round a franchise as big as the MCU (even if I don't care for most of it) and keep it consistent is somewhat of an achievement, especially seeing how ten years ago an Avengers movie would have been seen as a near impossible feat. Now it's just kind of par for the course.
    Obviously, there are many issues with him, but I feel for what he was able to do with the tools he was given, I'd say he has done a decent job.
    Especially when you see how other Companies have tried to follow the same model. Fiege has a clear vision and direction for the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Aside from the fact he is good at his job, Feige comes off like a humble down-to-earth guy. He seems like a genuine fan and not someone who would talk down on you. That is rare in the producer world.