Clichés often become clichés because they start out as good ideas, but, because of that, they often get used too often and end up wearing out their welcome. These are the ones that I don't need to see anymore for at least 5 years.

Superman becoming evil. Injustice, for better or worse, has proven to be a compelling universe to a lot of fans. While I think it's undercut by failing to explore Batman's own morally dubious behavior, I can respect why this idea worked for so many others. That said, I don't want to see anymore evil Superman stories for the foreseeable future. Evil Superman-types, sure, but I don't want to see Superman himself breaking bad. It's become one of the laziest, easiest stories to use for the character and isn't very compelling.

Gotham City being taken over by one of his villains for the purpose of teaching Batman some stupid lesson by murdering and terrorizing the poor shmucks who still live in that hellhole of a city. Even in the high fantasy of superhero comics, there is simply no plausible explanation why any sane person would still live in Gotham City after the unending series of mass murders and catastrophes that regularly occur there. Give Gotham a break, please.

Wonder Woman hasn't had enough creative consistency to really have any clichés, aside from how inconsistent her creative teams are. However, since DC has failed to find any creative teams that have managed to gain any significant readership, I don't blame them for continually throwing more darts at the board in the hopes that someone will hit a bullseye.

The Flash needs to stop fighting evil speedsters for a very, very long time. The Reverse Flash, Zoom, Godspeed and the rest need to take a long vacation in the Speed Force and leave The Flash to have some fun, light adventures for a while that don't involve overly elaborate and convoluted revenge upon Barry Allen.

I don't need any more shocking revelations about the deep dark secrets the Guardians of the Universe have been keeping from the Green Lanterns of Earth. And I don't need any new Green Lanterns of Earth until they figure out what to do with the ones they've already got. They got lucky with Jessica Cruz, but we've got enough. Thank you. Please add more alien GLs, not more humans. I haven't read Far Sector yet, though, so maybe I'll change my mind there.

I don't need to see Ollie cheat on Dinah ever again. Time shenanigans can wipe away the previous instances, but it's stupid and makes both Ollie & Dinah look bad. Enough with Ollie being a scumbag and Dinah continually taking him back.

What about you guys?