Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I don't know if the evil Speedsters are all that bad. I mean, yeah I guess they're a lot of them but storywise they're generally spread out amidst Rogues and other storylines. Williamson's the only one who has used 3 (4 if you count Meena, I guess) in his whole run but not one after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if the evil Speedsters are all that bad. I mean, yeah I guess they're a lot of them but storywise they're generally spread out amidst Rogues and other storylines. Williamson's the only one who has used 3 (4 if you count Meena, I guess) in his whole run but not one after another.
    I find it repetitive and contrived that they all have an evil speedster counterpart, but many love it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I find it repetitive and contrived that they all have an evil speedster counterpart, but many love it.
    I think it comes off better in comics than in the tv show, personally. I haven't watched it in awhile, but man what I wouldn't give for a season of Gorilla Grodd being the season's Big Bad.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think it comes off better in comics than in the tv show, personally. I haven't watched it in awhile, but man what I wouldn't give for a season of Gorilla Grodd being the season's Big Bad.
    They just don't have the budget for a CGI villain to be the Big Bad of a full season.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They just don't have the budget for a CGI villain to be the Big Bad of a full season.
    I remember them saying that this was a reason, which is so absolutely heartbreaking. This is the fear I have when Stargirl moves over to the CW f/t. I absolutely love S.T.R.I.P.E. and we're probably only going to see him 5/23 episodes if we're lucky.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Some of the sad backstories for famous villains can be really cringey. Like, I was reading a bunch of Wikipedia articles years ago and these so many of these characters were sexually abused as children. I don't need a sad backstory to know why Captain Cold carries a freeze gun.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Some of the sad backstories for famous villains can be really cringey. Like, I was reading a bunch of Wikipedia articles years ago and these so many of these characters were sexually abused as children. I don't need a sad backstory to know why Captain Cold carries a freeze gun.
    I wish there were more evil just for the sake of being evil characters.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Me too. And more thieves - every story has to be about murder now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Just curious, but how many of these types of villains are out there these days?

Just curious, but how many of these types of villains are out there these days?
    It depends on the screen time they get, but its pretty rare for a full fledged villain to just be a bad guy. So many movie super villains have have a personal vendetta against the main character, not their superhero persona, but their real identity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It depends on the screen time they get, but its pretty rare for a full fledged villain to just be a bad guy. So many movie super villains have have a personal vendetta against the main character, not their superhero persona, but their real identity.
    I was actually wondering more about the comics. Can we name any there?

I was actually wondering more about the comics. Can we name any there?
    Depending on the continuity, uh, maybe. I can really only think of characters with tragic backstories honestly. They gave one to the Joker for goodness sake.

If one more universe/multiverse threat shows up in Justice league, I'm calling the police. I mean how many "all-powerful beings older than all of creation" are there?

Heroes turned zombie stories. If Superman is a zombie, how is anyone left alive?

Batman finds another kid and turns him/her into a Robin.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I would like to see people who get superpowers but don’t become superheroes or villains. In my head canon the DCU is filled with a bunch of people who gained powers through accidents and stuff, but keep it secret or use it to make money. Not everybody has the Desire to get punched in the face repeatedly for a hobby, or career. And when you think about it that Is what being a superhero is.

Man hating among WW and Amazons needs an eternal death. It was tired and has never been correct.