Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Default Cardiac - Healthcare terrorist?!? Spoilers

Only mentioning because he was a Spider-man villain, but in Iron Man #2 out this week, Cardiac makes an appearance. He's branded as a healthcare terrorist who holds a bunch of pharma scientists while he monologues threatening to kill them for profiting off the poor, etc. Seemed out of character to me, and hopefully not indicative of a new direction for the character going forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Only mentioning because he was a Spider-man villain, but in Iron Man #2 out this week, Cardiac makes an appearance. He's branded as a healthcare terrorist who holds a bunch of pharma scientists while he monologues threatening to kill them for profiting off the poor, etc. Seemed out of character to me, and hopefully not indicative of a new direction for the character going forward.
    I really hope Marvel does not go in that direction. Comics should be a form of escapism from what is going on in the real world. I do not care if I agree or disagree with an issue. If I want politics there is CNN, Fox and MSNBC and they offer that 24/7.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really hope Marvel does not go in that direction. Comics should be a form of escapism from what is going on in the real world. I do not care if I agree or disagree with an issue. If I want politics there is CNN, Fox and MSNBC and they offer that 24/7.
    Comics have always been political through, they literally started off as Propoganda.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Comics have always been political through, they literally started off as Propoganda.
    I understand that. But should there be alternatives for those who work hard ( on the job and ( or) school), and need a break. I am not voting for or against anyone because celebrities ( like the stars of the Avengers) want me to vote that way. For example: Both Slott and Spencer are of the same political persuasion ( liberal), but all I care about is how well ( or poorly) they write Spider-Man. That should be the standard for any mainstream comic book.

I have no problem with politics in comics, since it has a good story and nice characters too.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I guess if politics shouldn't be in comics then Captain America and the X-Men should be exorcised entirely from Marvel as a whole then.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I guess if politics shouldn't be in comics then Captain America and the X-Men should be exorcised entirely from Marvel as a whole then.
    No one said cancel those comics. I admit I do not like X-Men ( except Wolverine), and can take or leave cap. The only comics I ever liked were Spider-Man, Daredevil, Thor Abe Fantastic Four. I like well done villains like Otto and Lizard and Logan, MJ, Miles and Felicia as characters. The rest do not interest me.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-22-2020 at 08:17 AM.