Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be honest, i think that comparing Frank with serial killers would be more accurate, because overall he is pretty much that, his targets just happen to be other criminals (or worse serial killers). He was also toned down a lot in the Netflix version.
    More like a spree killer than a serial killer, as a serial killer would tend to kill one at a time and the Punisher usually kills multiples at a time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Honestly, this seems to fit the earlier takes on the character. He was a vigilante who focused on perceived corruption in the health care industry, threatening violence on pharmaceutical CEOs and the like.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

we'll see what happens to him. maybe it's a clone. or whatever. maybe he'll be more "centrist" in his next appearance. Or not.
    wish he was in some team like the Defenders or that "doctors only" clique of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not going to comment on politics in comics but this feels like a disingenuous way of using Cardiac. He's never been this extreme from what I remember.
    I recently read the Black Cat miniseries from the 90s and in that comic, Cardiac tried to blow pharmaceutical company building because of its illegal activities and had to be stopped by Spider-Man and Black Cat who reminded him innocent people worked there and later on she had to remind him not to kill some cyborgs that had been captured and roboticized against their will.

Still this does seem more sinister than what he'd usually do.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Honestly, this seems to fit the earlier takes on the character. He was a vigilante who focused on perceived corruption in the health care industry, threatening violence on pharmaceutical CEOs and the like.
    Yeah, and his original motivation for vigilantism was discovering that a medicine that could have saved his dead brother's life was deliberately withheld from the public until it could yield a bigger profit on the market for the pharmaceutical company that made and sold it, and even worse, that it was legal for that pharmaceutical company to do so. In light of all the critiques and condemnations of "Big Pharma" and the medical industry's shady practices and manipulation of laws and lawmakers in more recent years, one could say Cardiac was ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I recently read the Black Cat miniseries from the 90s and in that comic, Cardiac tried to blow pharmaceutical company building because of its illegal activities and had to be stopped by Spider-Man and Black Cat who reminded him innocent people worked there and later on she had to remind him not to kill some cyborgs that had been captured and roboticized against their will.

Still this does seem more sinister than what he'd usually do.
    Thanks for the refresher, though I do agree taking hostages usually isn't his style or speed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.