Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! That sounds very similar to...

Warhawk
    (Rex Stewart)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Rex_Stewart_(DCAU)

This design makes me consider giving the Thanagarians the ability to transforms their hands into organic metal claws.

Other examples:

Crimson Fox: Removes the pheromone powers. She's nano-enhanced cyborg with enhanced strength, speed, agility, healing, vision, hearing, smell and can extend her arms to greater lengths. And of course, claws.

Acrata: She has the ability to teleport through shadows but I don't want to make her a full on umbrakinetic like Nightshade, Shade or Obsidian. Instead I want to give her more magic abilities based on speed, stealth and precision. Something like the Witcher or the abilities from the Dishonored games that are limited yet still potent when combined with her fighting skills.

Artemis: A sort of "magic knight". She is strong and fast (very fast), fights with two sickles and can use a number of spells such as creating magic daggers and mystical bow.

Sasha Bordeaux: In addition to retaining her OMAC powers, she has limited technopathy via touch and can enhance her hands with energy for striking or blasting. Also night vision and stealth mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Soyuz was a team introduced in FIRESTORM in a story where he was fighting a Russian purple guy Zuggernaut or something. They were a team of five. Serafina aka FIREBIRD had telepathic abilities. Rusalka had aquakinesis, Perun has electrical powers, Morozko has ice powers, and Vikhor has wind powers.I

Deep Blue is a member of Aquaman's rather extensive set of undersea allies. She can hyper-evolve aquatic life making sea life giant sized and way more powerful. She was believed to be the daughter of Tsunami and Neptune Perkins. But Atlan later revealed he was her father making Arthur her half-brother.
    Speaking of Neptune Perkins, got any ideas for him?

Lorena Marquez should get her telepathy if she ever comes back.

I was wondering about the classification for mid tier too. Canary is street level fighter but the Cry can stagger even an alpha level opponent so I look at her as mix tier
    I think it would be easier if they do a class-system similar to Marvel where there are super-powered individuals who are either an Omega, Alpha or Beta.

Owen Mercer - the ability to manipulate the movements of objects from his immediate vicinity, and can control the trajectory of whatever object he is throwing.

Cheetah - the ability to mark a target and find them no matter where they are.

Windfall - the ability to manipulate pressure by air molecules.

Negative Man - the ability to self duplicate his soul-self, generate negative energy and inducing singularities where he can send people to another dimension or elsewhere.

Mighty Member

Robot Man should clearly be able to turn into a car that can tap into the speed force. A car with arms, for high speed punching. You're gonna put a race car drivers brain in a robot's body and NOT make him Cyborg 009? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I think it would be easier if they do a class-system similar to Marvel where there are super-powered individuals who are either an Omega, Alpha or Beta.

Owen Mercer - the ability to manipulate the movements of objects from his immediate vicinity, and can control the trajectory of whatever object he is throwing.

Cheetah - the ability to mark a target and find them no matter where they are.

Windfall - the ability to manipulate pressure by air molecules.

Negative Man - the ability to self duplicate his soul-self, generate negative energy and inducing singularities where he can send people to another dimension or elsewhere.
    They introduced something like that with COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS). Brother I had ranked all superheroes in order threat level and it also has ranked the heroes individual powers/tech/attributes. For the general ranking we only got to see who Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 were. Throughout THE OMAC PROJECT we got to see what general class some of the heroes fall into as well as what some of the ratings for some of the heroes individual powers were (for example, Batman's Hand-To-Hand Combat skill is rated A-1, his martial arts is rated A-2 and his utility belt has a tech factor rated A-2)
    Last edited by Stanlos; 10-31-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Owlwoman - Can transform into a giant owl. See beyond mystical disguises depending on how strong they are. Also has an owl/human hybrid power up form. Superior hearing and sight.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I would give Black Canary the ability to detect sound waves and an audiographic memory to mimic voices It would be useful for stealth missions.

Macroverse Travelling for The Atom since he could all ready shrink down and travel to the microverse.

Gypsy (she needs a new codename) with the power to cross into dimensions and other locations.
    I feel Black Canary is more of a Street level character with a little extra kick then a mid-tier character. She spends most of the stories she's in fighting goons and nonpowered villains, rather than metas.

Can Invisible Kid turn other things invisible?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can Invisible Kid turn other things invisible?
    No, but that would be an on-theme expansion of his abilities (since he can already affect his clothes anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I feel Black Canary is more of a Street level character with a little extra kick then a mid-tier character. She spends most of the stories she's in fighting goons and nonpowered villains, rather than metal.
    True, which makes her interesting that while her power allows her to hold her own against beings more powerful than her, she is pretty much a human with no enhanced/superhuman durability or self-healing so she needs to rely on strategy.

Jackson Hyde - Learns dowsing, can charge electricity through his body to temporarily increase strength and speed and summon electric eel projectiles. Can draw on water from the air but only to form weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    a Nth metal mask what bolsters his photokinetic vision and something reminiscent of Looking Glass.

Batman training, daredevil-esque senses, psuedo-empath abilities, and Cap level stats? that's a solid upper tier street-leveler and with his boosted photokinesis a possible Kryptonian fail-safe.
    ok, so I was having a little fun (maybe too much fun) using the Superpower wiki plus all the information I have on Duke's powers and DC lore to reworked my Duke concept. I like this one better but be warned, it's very shonen:

a reflective Nth lined blindfold - so instead of a full mask, I wanna go with a smart fabric Nth metal blindfold. the darkness of the blindfold makes it easier to focus on his shadow powers, absorbing light, and storing sunlight internally, while the reflective surface provides external light that he can manipulate to perform his photokinetic/sensory abilities. this synergistic balance of his light and dark powers makes it easier for Duke to enter a "flow state" with a finer tuned use of his powers, which acclimates him to manipulating both on a grander scale. Duke based the tech for the blindfold on Luke Fox's smart fabric designs and had it engineered by Mister Terrific through his connections to Batman.

this kinda material

enhanced combat awareness - Due to Duke's naturally enhanced vision, his brain is uniquely fine tuned to process complex information with great precision and superhuman speed. Duke trained with Midnighter and Orphan to read body language and calculate movement with near perfect efficiency; though he lacks the years of training to outclass Cassandra Cain or Midnighter. His precision is best used without his blindfold (obviously) but the blindfold does not hinder him. I'd say post-training, he should be about equal to Red Hood with the blindfold and relative to Cassandra Cain and Midnighter without it.

negative mass manipulation - Duke can manipulate negative mass within his shadows and cause negative spatial distortion. By manipulating the negative mass, his shadow can cause objects they push to pull and go towards the user instead of away, and vice versa with pulling becoming pushes. He can turn the absence of positive mass in his shadow (e.g in the shadow created from touching hands) into negative mass and using it to repel a heavy object of positive mass. he can use the negative mass of his shadows to create negative space, increasing the distance between him, his shadow, and anything that comes in contact with them. so if he gets shot he can timing it to use the shadow of the bullet on impact to "catch" the bullet in negative space. so the bullet is getting closer but the distance is paradoxically getting longer. he can using this delay to move out of the way of the object or "freeze" it place. he can do this to melee attacks too but, with size as a factor, the ability is far less reliable at freezing the attack itself like it could with a smaller object. the negative space generation only works on shadows created on or from Duke. Duke can not create negative mass from external darkness. Duke can reduce the negative mass of his shadow, giving it mass and shape.

light projection - with the aid of the reflective surface of the Nth metal blindfold Duke can use his photokinesis to project any image in, on, and through the negative space or simply radiate blinding light.

umbra-photokinetic constructs - using his ability to solidify shadow and project light through his shadow, Duke can create life-like constructs of hard shadow and light. John Stewart trained him in technique, discovering that Duke's contructs work similar to Green Lantern rings and are tied to Duke's focus and emotional clarity. Due to training with John, Duke picked up his habit of creating his constructs from the inside out; making them very sturdy. He can use external shadows to increase the size and complexity of the constructs but he can only generate contructs from shadows generated from himself.

refined shadow control - Duke can use his shadow solidification to create midair footholds under his feet to walk on thin air. Duke can use the push-pull feedback loop of his shadows to amplify the impact of his hand to hand strikes and augment his movement speed.

fear induction - Duke's manipation of negative space and mass within his shadow puts a strain on the human body and causes fear and disorientation in targets engulfed in his darkness.

15 cool points if you can guess the character I based this concept on* : p
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-06-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Hmmm! I can only think of Shadow Lass or Nightshade!

Hmmm! I can only think of Shadow Lass or Nightshade!
    While u didn't have her in mind, Shadow Lass definitely has some overlap with my concept; so you get 10 cool points! to be fair, I actually based the concept on two non-DC comics characters.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."