Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The Top can manipulate rotation like the Spin in Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Spin

Delilah Tyler can turn invisible and intangible. She can create a field to shield herself and allies from sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    .... How would you expand on or add to the powersets of those characters without increasing them to god-level?
    By telling a good story arc around the character that give not only more insight on the character and her/his live but also shows how/why the power changes.

Just declaring (i.e.) Katana now has the speed force just out of the blue would be not only boring but also imo kinda disrespectful to the character and said characters fanbase.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Emerald Empress - She learns sorcery while the Emerald Eye becomes a sentient creature in its own right.
    Before the Green Lantern corps exploded into the whole spectrum, I had an idea for the Emerald Eye to be one of four similar relics, the others held by the Sapphire Suzerain (the Sapphire Star of Sintar), the Ruby Regent (the Ruby Rod of something with an R) and the Topaz Tyrant (the Topaz Tears of Tybalt, broken fragments, still powerful, of the shattered original Tear, orbiting the Tyrant like tiny satellites), but now it just sounds derivative.

But gosh, the Empress is the last person who needs an upgrade, she's a magical Green Lantern already! Now Mano, his situation is dire... The Persuader could use some oomph, as well. (Maybe not personal power, but some armor, and a legion of space goons, some of the top-tier of which with special weapons that aren't nearly as cool as his own, seems on-brand for him.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    By telling a good story arc around the character that give not only more insight on the character and her/his live but also shows how/why the power changes.

Just declaring (i.e.) Katana now has the speed force just out of the blue would be not only boring but also imo kinda disrespectful to the character and said characters fanbase.
    The purpose of this thread is new applications of current powers or new ones to be added that are in line with the old one. Story ideas are appreciated but aren't necessary.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-29-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Before the Green Lantern corps exploded into the whole spectrum, I had an idea for the Emerald Eye to be one of four similar relics, the others held by the Sapphire Suzerain (the Sapphire Star of Sintar), the Ruby Regent (the Ruby Rod of something with an R) and the Topaz Tyrant (the Topaz Tears of Tybalt, broken fragments, still powerful, of the shattered original Tear, orbiting the Tyrant like tiny satellites), but now it just sounds derivative.

But gosh, the Empress is the last person who needs an upgrade, she's a magical Green Lantern already! Now Mano, his situation is dire... The Persuader could use some oomph, as well. (Maybe not personal power, but some armor, and a legion of space goons, some of the top-tier of which with special weapons that aren't nearly as cool as his own, seems on-brand for him.)
    I was approaching the idea of the Eye abandoning the Empress requiring her to seek out other means of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The ability to 'hum' a white noise that...cancels other sound in the area (essentially creating a zone of silence!). Sonar (both for fighting in the dark, or when her sight is impaired... A tone that disorients someone (causing the fluid in their inner ear to vibrate, so that they have vertigo), possibly even one above...the human hearing threshold, so that someone doesn't know why they suddenly feel dizzy when she's in the room and 'whistling' at them.
    Those would be perfect for Canary, good job!

I'm still learning about Katana, but from what i've seen she only got her sword and is a tactician, there's room for more. But nothing too flashy, maybe a disappearing act ninja style, with white smokes, not smokebomb, something with a spiritual feel to it, then she's gone and can attack from anywhere making enemies nervous or can just flee (only in extreme situations).

I still don't know much about Kate Spencer either, the female Manhunter. She wears a Darkstar suit that gives her some abilities but i don't think she can fly (can she?), that could come with the suit to make her more complete and interesting.
    Oh, and she could loose that staff and fight unarmed or with a blaster. The suit could supply some regeneration as well, a lot of brutal bloody scenes could happen and after a while she'd be ok.
    Last edited by the COMET; 11-29-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Black Canary: Give her the ability to control birds. She can sic them on criminals like Batman did bats in Year One.

Green Arrow: Make him a sort of reverse Daredevil where he has super keen eyesight. He can see for miles away. This aides in his archery.

Red Hood: Give him regenerative abilities from his time in the Lazarus Pit. Make him like DC's Wolverine or Deadpool.

Nightwing: Give him the ability to duplicate anyone else's fighting style. Like Taskmaster.

Aquaman:
    Give him the ability to turn into water.

Animal Man: Give him the ability to acquire another hero's powers like Vixen did.
    Assassinate Putin!

Bea da Costa - Gets her flame breath back and can temporarily increase her speed.

Katana: Can tap into the soultaker's to move at extreme speeds by detaching her soul, using the power of mediumship to communicate those who were slain by the soul taker, can see and communicate with spirits and ghosts, and channelling her soul through the soultaker to rejuvenate her life-force and temporarily enhances her physical capabilities.

Harley Quinn: I have this headcanon was that she unknowingly has the power to manipulate probabilities within her vicinity. It could explain how she was able to survive anything which should have killed her or evaded the Trinity.

Booster Gold: Manipulating his time field gaining appearances of vast superhuman speed and reflexes, creating time illusion which allows him to make after-images, can heal using temporal manipulation and the ability to project a field which allows speeding and slowing of time.
    Last edited by Incognito; 12-07-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Acrata - Can take control of people through their shadows.

Katana is a samarai, one of the OG bad @$$es. She doesn't need anything else other than for writers to tap into that relatively unmined vast repository of awesomeness. The Zero Hour version of OUTSIDERS started to do it and Gail Simone certainly tapped into that at the conclusion of Sense & Student. She is a samarai who wields a mystic blade. Use the setup

Anissa Pierce can increase her gravitational pull and possible generate black holes.

Astonishing Member

This is a great topic.

We need more discussion about DC's mid-tier...and how they can be improved.

PAD did away with the one hour water weakness for Orin and I think it should have stayed gone. PAD also gave Aquaman the ability absorb opponents' moisture by making skin to skin contact. I think that was awesome.

I thought the Water Hand had a lot of potential that was jettisoned