Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

@lemonpeace, are they Ebon and Tokoyami?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    @lemonpeace, are they Ebon and Tokoyami?
    you got one! Ebon inspired the shadow shaping, and got me thinking about a way to play with shadow without just making him Cloak from Cloak and Dagger. 7.5 cool points! Tokoyami wasn't the second (and main) inspiration but the second muse is a manga/anime character, 3 additional cool points; that's 10.5 cool points! I'll give you a hint: the character's powers aren't shadow based but the blindfold and the way he uses spatial distortion to avoid harm should definitely give it away.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-05-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    you got one! Ebon inspired the shadow shaping, and got me thinking about a way to play with shadow without just making him Cloak from Cloak and Dagger. 7.5 cool points! Tokoyami wasn't the second (and main) inspiration but the second muse is a manga/anime character, 3 additional cool points; that's 10.5 cool points! I'll give you a hint: the character's powers aren't shadow based but the blindfold and the way he uses spatial distortion to avoid harm should definitely give it away.
    Definitely not up to snuff on my contemporary Anime/Manga power sets. I'm not gonna be able to hard or soft guess the second inspiration source, even with that hint.

Definitely not up to snuff on my contemporary Anime/Manga power sets. I'm not gonna be able to hard or soft guess the second inspiration source, even with that hint.
    I guess I'll give up the goat; the main inspiration was Gojo Satoru from Jujutsu Kaisen. the blindfold and his enhanced vision brought Duke to mind, so when I started looking into shadow powers and starting thinking about negative space and negative mass, Gojo just felt more and more like a cool reference point. I had another application of this concept based on Gojo but I felt it would've made him far too shonen-overpowered.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-06-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Jinx - I have her be more towards her animated counterpart by giving her the ability to use chaos magic.

Ravager - Precognitive Dreaming and Precognitive Artistry.

Ragman - Can shapeshift his soul into that of other people/beings, with this power he can also mimic his target's soul/s powers and personalites.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I guess I'll give up the goat; the main inspiration was Gojo Satoru from Jujutsu Kaisen. the blindfold and his enhanced vision brought Duke to mind, so when I started looking into shadow powers and starting thinking about negative space and negative mass, Gojo just felt more and more like a cool reference point. I had another application of this concept based on Gojo but I felt it would've made him far too shonen-overpowered.
    Yeah, this is first I've heard of that Manga.

Daniel Crow-Brings-Darkness aka Dark Crow - His crow can fire blasts of red energy and maintains a psychic link to him - he sees what it sees. He later learns spells that grant him more versatile uses such as splitting the crow into a murder of crows, increasing it's speed and fuse with to become more powerful.

Tye Longshadow - Tye is a "creator" type metahuman. Their powers allow them to create and manipulate certain objects or beings for their use. They are limited in what they can create but not in how they can manipulate it. Tye can create a shadow-light entity that he can split into two beings, one for offense, the other for defense. The offensive entity is a shadowy black and is fast and strong. The defensive one focuses on defense and healing. Tye can merge with both of them to form a powerful armor for himself.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-07-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah, this is first I've heard of that Manga.
    it's relatively new, it's been getting really popular this year because the anime just released; I only started it like a week or two ago myself. it's definitely worth a look, it feels very classically Shonen, like it would fit it with all the iconic series like Bleach, Naruto, Kekkaishi, etc. it very much is like My Hero where it's not necessarily breaking the mold but it executes the tropes very well.

currently following:

Cynthia Reynolds - Her illusionary powers are enhanced to being able to manipulate the five senses. People see, hear, smell, feel and taste what she wants them to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cynthia Reynolds - Her illusionary powers are enhanced to being able to manipulate the five senses. People see, hear, smell, feel and taste what she wants them to.
    Total sensory illusion powers rock. "Oh, you just make illusions? This is gonna be easy, you can't even hurt me." "Can't hurt you? The 'illusion' of pain, little man. Is. PAIN!"

Livewire - manipulating bio-electric currents which allows her to create magnetic fields for defence, sensing people's presence and puppet control.

Gorilla Grodd - Tactile Telekinesis which arguments his physical capabilities.

Golden Glider - Astral Possession

Angle Man - Dimensional shifting and bypass invulnerability through manipulating space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Livewire - manipulating bio-electric currents which allows her to create magnetic fields for defence, sensing people's presence and puppet control.

Gorilla Grodd - Tactile Telekinesis which arguments his physical capabilities.

Golden Glider - Astral Possession

Angle Man - Dimensional shifting and bypass invulnerability through manipulating space.
    Can't she already do that?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I feel like Angle Man has a ton of potential that hasn't been explored. Chronos, too, for old-school villains who never really broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can't she already do that?
    I honestly don't know if she can or not. I never saw her do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like Angle Man has a ton of potential that hasn't been explored. Chronos, too, for old-school villains who never really broke out.
    Angle Man does have the potential I like his ability to manipulate space it makes him a unique adversary and it would give him much application to use his gadget against heroes.

I would like to see Chronos coming back I remember him from the JL animated series, he could be a good villain for The Flash because of his ability to travel and manipulate time.

Emerald Empress - She learns sorcery while the Emerald Eye becomes a sentient creature in its own right.

Tharok - Gets a new body. Regeneration, tentacles for expanded reach, palm-held energy blasts, portals for transportation.

Dawnstar - Where it up to me, she'd never have had wings and just used photokinesis.