Default Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) vs Natsu (Fairy Tail)

Demon vs Wizard. Who wins?

Extraordinary Member

Natsu can blow up mountain-ish sized creatures, but Meliodas was able to tank that kind of attack a few power ups towards the middle of the series and then he kept getting stronger. He can also respond in kind and I don't think we've ever actually seen Natsu get hit by the same level of destructive output he himself can produce. So he'd be at a disadvantage in a slugfest.

Meliodas can also send all the fire attacks back at Natsu with Full Counter, and Natsu can't eat his own fire.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-23-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, Meliodas beats Natsu pretty handily by the end of his series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Natsu can blow up mountain-ish sized creatures, but Meliodas was able to tank that kind of attack a few power towards the middle of the series and then he kept getting stronger. He can also respond in kind and I don't think we've ever actually seen Natsu get hit by the same level of destructive output he himself can produce. So he'd be at a disadvantage in a slugfest.

Meliodas can also send all the fire attacks back at Natsu with Full Counter, and Natsu can't eat his own fire.
    I can't counter this argument.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

What Dark Soul said, I agree with, and would add that Fairy Tail’s speed algorithm or lack thereof probably gives Meliodas a significant edge there, unless they’ve upgraded in 100 Year Quest.*

*Fairy Tail’s speed algorithm puts the main cast probably in high-end bullet time, low-end speedster territory, maybe hypersonic for the fastest. SDS from what I recall eclipsed that by the end of Season 1, definitely Season 2 with Galand and such.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 10-22-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei