Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 175
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah Dude as a Gay, Black, SouthernI miiiight know something about that lol. But minorities, women, deal with it all the time and the civilization keeps going. I'm sure the blonde, rich Dude would take solace that he and folks that look him would be welcomed in a group about 98.99% of the time
    Plus Brian is an honorable man. He knows what needs to be done and isn't pressed by a speech, a speech that is pointing out mutants and their immortality/resurrection capability are at risk. There's no resurrection protocol for Brian and he's ready to throw hands for his adopted fam.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  2. #62
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The problem is that any group doing that is wrong. Mutants being alienated wasn't a good thing for humanity to do to them. What's the point of Krakoa if all they're going to do is perpetuate humanity's mistakes? As soon as mutants took over they'd be doing things like alienating the weirder mutants like Beak because he's not a super model. Nobody should have to just "deal with it."
    I think you're reaching here, as usual. I don't think Brian is gonna really be affected by some words from the mouth of Apocalypse. He's grown up enough to know that pretty much all the mutants in that circle don't have the same contempt for humanity as Apocalypse. And the fate of the world is at stake. He's not gonna think "oh gosh maybe if Apocalypse doesn't like me, I'll go". It's dumb.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Apocalypse is making a speech about a situation Krakoa is facing, about what it means to them as mutants, as they are a mutant nation. Brian feeling bad because Apocalypse didn't include him in the speech would be like white allies getting upset because they aren't part of a speech about PoC. You are there helping, great, but it's not really about you.

  4. #64
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    Apocalypse's speech isn't even putting humans down, so the stretch is absurd. He's talking about the difference in perspective for those have immortality in their grasp but will lose it and those whose only guarantee in life is death (technically because heroes come back all the time and whatnot). Of course people who have everything they dreamed within reach will fight more intensely than those who don't, because they fought hard to get where they are and don't want to lose it.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 10-23-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    I want Larraz on an ongoing, but honestly its nice to see a quality artist get to take his time and his absence is long enough for fans to crave him. Like Creation and Stasis feel extra special because we get another dose of his and Marte Gracia's gorgeous art.

  6. #66
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The problem is that any group doing that is wrong. Mutants being alienated wasn't a good thing for humanity to do to them. What's the point of Krakoa if all they're going to do is perpetuate humanity's mistakes? As soon as mutants took over they'd be doing things like alienating the weirder mutants like Beak because he's not a super model. Nobody should have to just "deal with it."
    Since they aren't actually attempting any of this "Take Over..." bit?

    Non-issue.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I think you're reaching here, as usual. I don't think Brian is gonna really be affected by some words from the mouth of Apocalypse. He's grown up enough to know that pretty much all the mutants in that circle don't have the same contempt for humanity as Apocalypse. And the fate of the world is at stake. He's not gonna think "oh gosh maybe if Apocalypse doesn't like me, I'll go". It's dumb.
    It's not really reaching when the giving the pep talk is known for being a genocidal monster and is the one responsible for creating the situation to begin with. The fate of the world is at stake and Apocalypse still couldn't stop coming off as a bigot to get them through this alive. Good leaders encourage everyone to be their best, they don't alienate followers who are allies because of what race they are. Apocalypse being okay with Brian dying wouldn't be out of character for him, he barely cares about Excalibur and he certainly didn't care about the Externals. This isn't something unique to Apocalypse, Jean Grey herself has distanced herself from humans in X-Force.

    Apocalypse behaviour shouldn't be encouraged as a good thing. He never got that alienating people, even allies, is wrong.

    Edit: Simply put, if you don't think alienating people is wrong don't do it to others. This isn't hard.

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I want Larraz on an ongoing, but honestly its nice to see a quality artist get to take his time and his absence is long enough for fans to crave him. Like Creation and Stasis feel extra special because we get another dose of his and Marte Gracia's gorgeous art.
    I don`t want Larraz on ongoing. Let him continue drawing Events and all main issues.
    He would be just wasted on Excalibur, Marauders and even HiX-Men.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-23-2020 at 06:08 AM.

  9. #69
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not really reaching when the giving the pep talk is known for being a genocidal monster and is the one responsible for creating the situation to begin with. The fate of the world is at stake and Apocalypse still couldn't stop coming off as a bigot to get them through this alive. Good leaders encourage everyone to be their best, they don't alienate followers who are allies because of what race they are. Apocalypse being okay with Brian dying wouldn't be out of character for him, he barely cares about Excalibur and he certainly didn't care about the Externals. This isn't something unique to Apocalypse, Jean Grey herself has distanced herself from humans in X-Force.

    Apocalypse behaviour shouldn't be encouraged as a good thing. He never got that alienating people, even allies, is wrong.

    Edit: Simply put, if you don't think alienating people is wrong don't do it to others. This isn't hard.
    We talking...

    "More..." or "Less..." wrong than babying a human when the entire point of the story has been attempting to make everyone on the planet strong enough to face what is coming(and is now here...)?

  10. #70
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not really reaching when the giving the pep talk is known for being a genocidal monster and is the one responsible for creating the situation to begin with. The fate of the world is at stake and Apocalypse still couldn't stop coming off as a bigot to get them through this alive. Good leaders encourage everyone to be their best, they don't alienate followers who are allies because of what race they are. Apocalypse being okay with Brian dying wouldn't be out of character for him, he barely cares about Excalibur and he certainly didn't care about the Externals. This isn't something unique to Apocalypse, Jean Grey herself has distanced herself from humans in X-Force.

    Apocalypse behaviour shouldn't be encouraged as a good thing. He never got that alienating people, even allies, is wrong.

    Edit: Simply put, if you don't think alienating people is wrong don't do it to others. This isn't hard.
    No one is saying he's a good leader, nor is anyone saying his views on humans are correct - but he seems to know the most about these Arrakan Swordbearers so obviously people will listen to him. As others have said, Apocalypse has not said anything strictly offensive to Brian. Even still, I don't understand your point? Apocalypse is being in character? Oh No?

    Literally no one is encouraging Appcalypse's behaviour. A large part of this event has focussed on him making bad decisions and having to deal with the consequences.

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    No one is saying he's a good leader, nor is anyone saying his views on humans are correct - but he seems to know the most about these Arrakan Swordbearers so obviously people will listen to him. As others have said, Apocalypse has not said anything strictly offensive to Brian. Even still, I don't understand your point? Apocalypse is being in character? Oh No?

    Literally no one is encouraging Appcalypse's behaviour. A large part of this event has focussed on him making bad decisions and having to deal with the consequences.
    The whole event is about Apocalypse's bad decisions come back to bite him. The Ameth mutants are the product of his ideology taken to the it's most extreme degree.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    No one is saying he's a good leader, nor is anyone saying his views on humans are correct - but he seems to know the most about these Arrakan Swordbearers so obviously people will listen to him. As others have said, Apocalypse has not said anything strictly offensive to Brian. Even still, I don't understand your point? Apocalypse is being in character? Oh No?
    You're the only one here who has shown the slightest awareness that what he did was wrong and that alienating allies based on their race is bad. He hasn't shown any intent on including Brian in his pep talk, which says it all. He is in character, but what's he's doing is being a bigot. Which should not be normalised among the Krakao mutants.

    Literally no one is encouraging Appcalypse's behaviour. A large part of this event has focussed on him making bad decisions and having to deal with the consequences.
    What you say is true but you can't tell by this thread.

  13. #73
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Larraz and Garcia have officially become my favorite art team in comics.

  14. #74
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    891

    Default

    [QUOTE=Glio;5201639]Brian is from literally the most privileged demographic in the world. Come on.[/QUenOTE]

    What's the difference between Brian and Warren/Emma; all three are blonde, white and rich. But Brian has privilege and the other two don't, really? Emma is the epitome of a W.A.S.P, with all the benefits that entails including powerful psychic abilities, Warren can fly. This need by some to constantly thrash humans even steadfast allies is baffling.

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not really reaching when the giving the pep talk is known for being a genocidal monster and is the one responsible for creating the situation to begin with. The fate of the world is at stake and Apocalypse still couldn't stop coming off as a bigot to get them through this alive. Good leaders encourage everyone to be their best, they don't alienate followers who are allies because of what race they are. Apocalypse being okay with Brian dying wouldn't be out of character for him, he barely cares about Excalibur and he certainly didn't care about the Externals. This isn't something unique to Apocalypse, Jean Grey herself has distanced herself from humans in X-Force.

    Apocalypse behaviour shouldn't be encouraged as a good thing. He never got that alienating people, even allies, is wrong.

    Edit: Simply put, if you don't think alienating people is wrong don't do it to others. This isn't hard.
    You are reaching. You've been on this crusade to prove that the X-Men are this big bad thing and you're turning a single Apocalypse line in the presence of poor Brian Braddock (who must feel so sad now) into a whole mutant manifesto.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •