Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

After 2 years he will be back from his Cruise with the lady from Eternal Youth

Can we make a list of all the ways DC characters gets resurrected? Let's work backwards from that.

The only ones that come to mind at the moment are: Lazarus pits, Superboy punching stuff, time-travel, and that sarcophagus-thing that was used to resurrect Alice - what are the others? Hrm, or unexplained retcons - which is what happened with Clayface. They all said he was dead, there was fallout, then a few issues later (in the same arc with the same writer) he was back with no explanation.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

There’s always Character X died only to later be revealed that character X never actually died in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Hrm, or unexplained retcons - which is what happened with Clayface. They all said he was dead, there was fallout, then a few issues later (in the same arc with the same writer) he was back with no explanation.
    Isnt that what Clayface is well known for? Surviving the impossible.

Resurrection comic stories have gotten stale. What if Alfred faked his own death instead?

Incredible Member

Can we make a list of all the ways DC characters gets resurrected? Let's work backwards from that.

The only ones that come to mind at the moment are: Lazarus pits, Superboy punching stuff, time-travel, and that sarcophagus-thing that was used to resurrect Alice - what are the others? Hrm, or unexplained retcons - which is what happened with Clayface. They all said he was dead, there was fallout, then a few issues later (in the same arc with the same writer) he was back with no explanation.
    faked deaths (Kathy Kane, Steph Brown), being punched back to life (Cass)
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Mighty Member

Clone with memory implants, resurrected by The Spectre, Apokoliptan crystals (or whatever fixed Damien), regenerative serum (I'm thinking of Norman Osborn surviving his first death, but I'm sure you could have had Alfred drugged with a super venom derivative to make the same thing work), Pa Kent convinces Alfred's spirit to go back to his body, etc.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    There’s always Character X died only to later be revealed that character X never actually died in the first place.
    Monty Python: I'm not dead yet. I'm getting better.

Astonishing Member

I think Alfred will return when AT&T looks at the DCU, realizes it's depressing and orders DC to clean up their mess of 5 decades.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

if Tynion's writing he's gonna make it an event
    Pennyworth Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Clone with memory implants, resurrected by The Spectre, Apokoliptan crystals (or whatever fixed Damien), regenerative serum (I'm thinking of Norman Osborn surviving his first death, but I'm sure you could have had Alfred drugged with a super venom derivative to make the same thing work), Pa Kent convinces Alfred's spirit to go back to his body, etc.
    Okay, so:

• Lazarus Pit
    • Superboy punches
    • Flash resets/time-travel
    • Magic Sarcophagus
    • Fake Death
    • DC Retcons
    • Clone
    • Spectre resurrections
    • Apokolipton crystals
    • Regenerative serum
    • Spirit conversation stuff

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If even Jason Todd could return from the dead, then it seems unlikely that Alfred Pennyworth, one of the most beloved characters in the BATMAN mythos, won't eventually be resurrected and reclaim his place as Batman's faithful confidante. When and how do you expect this to happen?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Next timeline reboot I imagine, unless they can think of some creative trickery to bring him back. The sooner the better in my opinion.

I don't think DC knows what to do with Alfred's character like most of the Batman characters these days. Maybe they could use him to call out how awful of a parent and leader Bruce has been for a while now? But not like Alfred has been that good himself. I dunno. My guess is that he will be brought back in August or September of 2021. Since that is when DC usually does some of their bigger events.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think DC knows what to do with Alfred's character like most of the Batman characters these days. Maybe they could use him to call out how awful of a parent and leader Bruce has been for a while now? But not like Alfred has been that good himself. I dunno. My guess is that he will be brought back in August or September of 2021. Since that is when DC usually does some of their bigger events.
    This Summer's blockbuster Bat-Crossover: The Return of Pennyworth!!

Featuring:
    - One maxi series
    - 3 spin off mini series
    - 12 crossovers in various Bat Books
    - 678 Alfred Variant covers
    & so much more !!!!

DC doesn’t need to know what do with Alfreds character. His job is simple, and I don’t think there is a demand for any more then that.