Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Alfred was just chilling in Cuba on vacation. Bruce has had him around for decades after all.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

From October of 2020:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If even Jason Todd could return from the dead, then it seems unlikely that Alfred Pennyworth, one of the most beloved characters in the BATMAN mythos, won't eventually be resurrected and reclaim his place as Batman's faithful confidante. When and how do you expect this to happen?
    January 2022: Still waiting . . .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Out of curiosity, could they pull the whole actor playing Alfred died and turns ot he's still alive ala the whole clone saga situation with Aunt May.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Parts of Tumblr and Twitter. It's not about the handicap, but about how he can contribute to society by donating most of his fortune to the betterment of Gotham's economy, education, employment, and healthcare, rather than being Batman. A lot of those people don't read comics by the way, so they only know the Batman from the movies who's only depicted as either a punching superhero, sometimes extra violently, and the billionaire playboy, but not the charitable part.
    Seen this a lot on my other forum that I go to where people insist that Batman is really yhe villain and Alfred is enabling him to behave in a certain way.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Out of curiosity, could they pull the whole actor playing Alfred died and turns ot he's still alive ala the whole clone saga situation with Aunt May.
    Have you read the original Outsider saga? It's even more batshit insane than that! Evil Alfred could turn Robin into a coffin with his mind!

At least there was genuine effort, though, unlike May's "resurrection" of being hidden in a mansion by a "dead" supervillain and unable to communicate or leave because... reasons. Probably a coma.

The Batman mythos has Lazerus Pits and, at a push, various Clayfaces. it'll be hopefully that. They're the least worst options.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Keep the butler in his grave.

Incredible Member

I actually do not miss Alfred. I would prefer he did not return.

Astonishing Member

Apparently, Alfred is going to return during Robin vs. Batman.

Apparently, no one cares because I've seen no posts anywhere.

Why? Are we that jaded?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Why? Are we that jaded?
    I've actually missed Alfred quite a bit and look forward to him returning. It will be interesting to see just how it will be (the obvious answer is the Lazarus Pit/Island) but how this factors into DC's alleged Magical Crisis will be interesting.

Why? Are we that jaded?
    Had not heard about this before.

As to "Apparently, no one cares", well, I'm not sure if I do care about the rest of the Bat-books these days or not.

Why? Are we that jaded?
    At least for me it's not that I don't care, it's more that I wasn't sure if this is really his return. I'm still not sure tbh.

There is a lot of magic and a powerful devil involved. These things could bring Alfred back, but it's not yet clear why they would. Could Damian make a deal with Nezha? Yes, but didn't he choose not the bring back Alfred in Robin a few issues ago?
    Could the disturbance in the magic realm bring him back? I guess, but that sounds like "Jason came back because Superboy Prime punched the universe", it's so random.
    It's more reasonable to assume that Nezha could be tricking Bruce by making him see Alfred.

The bleedingcool article makes it sound like this is actually Alfred and he is back for real, but from everything DC has shown us about Batman vs Robin so far I wasn't convinced that this is really Alfred and that's he's back for good.

Idk, I think there would be more hype if they made it clear and advertised it as the return of Alfred Pennyworth, but so far they haven't really done that.

Spectacular Member

I am ready for Alfred to come back. However, I think the reason they haven't hyped Alfred coming back is it may not be Alfred. Like Ras, Respawn, and even Talia, there maybe more going on....or at least the story may need for there to be the possibility that there is more going on.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Apparently, Alfred is going to return during Robin vs. Batman.[/SIZE]
    Isn't that happening because Robin is possessed by a demon? My immediate assumption is that "Alfred" is a mirage or demon posing as Alfred to control Damian.

But then, Waid is THE Silver Age guy so I would very much expect him to bring Alfred back.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Hadn't heard the rumors about Waid's involvement, but I have heard that DCOIE and FB will allow for a number of returns, Alfred among them.