Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Disney didn't really "kill" The Spectacular Spider-Man, though. It was a rights situation. Sony is just as culpable in what happened as Disney is.

But yeah, Disney did technically kill Avengers EMH.
    Yeah...I'm probably using the term as "the show didn't fizzle out naturally (did well ratings wise) and was a victim of the Disney buyout"...Though you are definitely right on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't know why Cartoon Network sabotages their outside properties.
    - Beware the Batman
    - Young Justice
    - Thundercats
    - Green Lantern
    I have a feeling because Warner Bros owns all of those IPs Cartoon Network puts them on the backburner to promote their own properties...but that's not really the case as they rely on TTGo so much who is also owned by WB. I think they will sabotage anything that isn't a comedy... However I think that may be a problem with Western Animation in general on Network TV. The days of "toyetic" action cartoons are not as prevalent as they used to be.

All-New Member

Ok I have being reading this thread and most of you made very valid points, but Disney did not kill Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Marvel Entertainment did.

Last time I checked when Disney buys a property since the early 2000s, the purchase it in a 10 year period while immediately owning the Distribution rights and creating the themed Disney Experience and Merchs, while slowly consolidating the property.

That's why Disney doesn't interfere with the properties the buy like Pixer and Marvel, hence why Marvel animations are the way they are cause it's run by the owner of Toy Biz, who is also chairman of Marvel Entertainment, who also believed female toys wont sell, hence why the female led films in the MCU took time to come out.

So every show and every decision was made by Marvel Entertainment and now that Disney fully consolidated Marvel in October 2019, animation and live action TV moved under Marvel Studios and some executives from Marvel Television and animation are out.

Due to an executive's LinkedIn page "Howard Schwartz", Marvel Animation Studio in Glendale closed on the 21st of August 2020. That means from my perspective no more low budget productions with the example of Marvel's What-If...?

So we will see what Marvel Studios does next, as Disney is now focusing on Streaming I expect future Marvel shows to be in the same tone as that of Star Wars the Clone Wars.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What stories would you like to see animated?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, Loeb left almost a year ago after they gave all his responsibilities to Kevin Feige.
    It's all kind of relative too. For as backwards as Loeb's views were, the buck does just stop with him. We don't know how hands-on Feige will be on the animation front. We do know that Stephen Wacker moved even further up a ladder and he also had a role in the direction the animation side front took.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's all kind of relative too. For as backwards as Loeb's views were, the buck does just stop with him. We don't know how hands-on Feige will be on the animation front. We do know that Stephen Wacker moved even further up a ladder and he also had a role in the direction the animation side front took.
    And unsurprisingly the Spider-Man cartoons he oversaw involved adapting a lot of the stuff that happened during his tenure as editor on the comics.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Stephen Wacker works for Marvel Entertainment as VP of New Media so I don't think he will be involved unless something changes.

I watched several DC Universe animated films in the past week or so. I enjoyed all of them, and it seems like a lot of effort was put into them to make them engaging for the "adult" crowd without being "blatantly" rated R (a bunch of swearing, graphic bloodshed, nudity, etc.).

I think that Marvel/Disney should be creating their own DTV movies based on this premise. I really don't understand why it's not being pursued yet, they're still going clearly for the much-younger audience exclusively.

The real problem is, the DC Animated Movies are not that profitable anyway. They work to keep awareness in the brand and characters to a particular niche market and salvage stories from the comics to another medium. But they aren't big hits by any stretch of the word. There is a reason why they barely register.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    The real problem is, the DC Animated Movies are not that profitable anyway. They work to keep awareness in the brand and characters to a particular niche market and salvage stories from the comics to another medium. But they aren't big hits by any stretch of the word. There is a reason why they barely register.
    I think if they weren't marketable they wouldn't have kept the animated movie line going as long as they have, so they make a profit to a certain extent.

DC animation has Bruce Timm who pretty much does for the animation department what Fiege is doing for the movie department. Sure, some may say he's past his prime and that his best work is behind him but he is still rearing up new talent and acting as a guide force for the movie even if he isn't as hands-on about it as he used to be.