Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Because Star Wars.

If they made them, I'd watch. Like the idea.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Because Star Wars.
    I'm surprised LucasFilms rarely made dips into animation before Disney.
    "Cable was right!"

Because animated movies don't make much money, DC has been releasing movies to more train or develop the market not to be successful. The golden moment so far has been Into the Spiderverse, If the next one is a massive success we might be finally reaching the point the US audience is ready to accept comic book stories and animation aimed at adults as a legit thing. Or at worse DC and Marvel might ready to push projects of equal to test the market.

Disney should walk up to Brad Bird and Pixar and go here is The Fantastic Four make it work. There is no logical reason that Marvel and DC shouldn't be putting out at least one animated movie in the theaters. But that said comics is kinda limited in their style of storytelling and you need to fill tons of area in regards to stuff like friendships, family relationships, and romance which is the meat of stories told to general audiences. Frankly, American comics suck in this area compared to say anime I mean struggle to think of a good love story in comics, heck I struggle to remember a good story about how one of the classic pairs of couples met in comics. Comics books themselves have to evolve as well.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-22-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Kevin Feige did in fact produce Wolverine and the X-Men and that ran for one season and that's actually a good cartoon...also the last X-Men cartoon produced in more than a decade. Gee, I wonder why (*cough* Perlmutter *cough*).
    the last one was
    Marvel Anime: X-Men in 2011

Because animated movies don't make much money,
    It does for scooby-doo and tom and jerry. We get a new dtv film every year. They made tons of them.

Funny that dc started doing dtv films after marvel but marvel stopped and dc kept going.

Shame as marvel could make some great films like marvels or kraven's last hunt or avengers under siege or runaways.

apparently there was a fan cohort who absolutely hated the LionsGate adaptations, which, to me was very unfortunate. Same with the anime-based mini-series. I liked them. But you had people complaining that they were "horrible". But of course, soon came the Disney purchase, and the Lionsgate Contract ended. so that was that.

We've gotten these mostly kiddie-oriented specials since then.

Marvel has no excuse. Either they want to go further with animation or they don't. Seems like they only rely on network orders for TV series at this point. For whatever dumb reason, the corporate managers figure there's no money in basic PG adaptations for DTV specials.
    Needed: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man, Blade, Thor, Captain America, Black Panther, Champions, Runaways, X-Men & spinoff teams.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    apparently there was a fan cohort who absolutely hated the LionsGate adaptations, which, to me was very unfortunate. Same with the anime-based mini-series. I liked them. But you had people complaining that they were "horrible". But of course, soon came the Disney purchase, and the Lionsgate Contract ended. so that was that.

We've gotten these mostly kiddie-oriented specials since then.

Marvel has no excuse. Either they want to go further with animation or they don't. Seems like they only rely on network orders for TV series at this point. For whatever dumb reason, the corporate managers figure there's no money in basic PG adaptations for DTV specials.
    Needed: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man, Blade, Thor, Captain America, Black Panther, Champions, Runaways, X-Men & spinoff teams.
    The problem is now that Disney owns Marvel, it's a guarantee you are never gonna see serious animation dealing with those properties.

Disney will never fund a Marvel cartoon with seriousness, violence, and action-based. They have never funded an animation series on that level, and they ain't gonna start now.

In my estimate, there's basically two really great Marvel cartoon shows: The Spectacular Spider-Man and X-Men Evolution. Great in the sense I'd rank these two among the best adventure cartoon shows out there whether it's Bruce Timm or the Disney Afternoon shows.
    How is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes not on that list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited;5201004What did you think of [I
    Thor: Tales of Asgard[/I]? That was a fun movie, but I don't know if it does injustice to Thor's characterization.
    I really enjoyed it too. It had, in my opinion, the best depiction of Thor in his youth (without making him a hedonistic frat bro).

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    So Marvel only does the bare minimum needed to get enough kids to annoy their parents into buying them toys. Sometimes you get stuff that's actually pretty solid (Black Panther's Quest) but most of the time it's obvious Marvel just phones in their animated offerings. Maybe that changes in the future but I doubt it.
    I'd say the later cartoons have all been fairly solid, if not exceptional, compared to when Loeb was directly in charge but still pretty far from what they could be.
    The problem is now that Disney owns Marvel, it's a guarantee you are never gonna see serious animation dealing with those properties.

Disney will never fund a Marvel cartoon with seriousness, violence, and action-based. They have never funded an animation series on that level, and they ain't gonna start now.
    They had stuff like that on Disney XD for a time. I remember Tron: Uprising, Motorcity, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It does for scooby-doo and tom and jerry. We get a new dtv film every year. They made tons of them.

Funny that dc started doing dtv films after marvel but marvel stopped and dc kept going.

Shame as marvel could make some great films like marvels or kraven's last hunt or avengers under siege or runaways.
    Sigh we are smart enough to understand what was said but since everything has to break down to a basic level on the internet. action base Animation aimed at adults and even teens in America doesn't make that much profit. This why people favorite cartoons like Avengers or Young Justice get canceled even when they are well-liked. Toy sales and advertising toys are what in the past kept most animation afloat. Companies in the past have/had no clue how to market/profit on an America cartoon aim at adults without toy sales being a factor.

Obvious Disney animated movies sell, Obviously, we have long-running stuff like Simpsons or Family Guy that sells, We have American cartoons aimed at kids that sells Obviously, some Anime does well in America but for some reason, traditional superhero stuff and American action cartoons don't do well. It is weird limbo of it isn't meant for kids but aiming at adult doesn't do well either because Americans weirdly stigmatize cartoons as a kid thing then you get a product basically aimed at nobody in design. It was why Sony dumped Into the Spiderverse on a date that put it in direct competition with Aquaman, Mortal Engines, Mary Poppins, and Bumblebee. As a note Battle Angel was moved from that date to avoid being crushed. Sony had zero freaking clue that it would do so well. That is the market, in a nutshell, they have a great product but they have no clue it is for and mismanage it.

Anyways thankful with the event of streaming services we have been getting American cartoon aimed at adults Amazon has Invincible coming up, Netflix has Castlevania, Blood of Zeus,He-Man, Supercrooks(?), and a couple of other things, Crunchyroll has Onyx Equinox and Lore Olympus of course, DC universe has its stuff. But it still fair to say companies have no clue what to do with animated action base properties aimed strictly at adults.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-22-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Sigh we are smart enough to understand what was said but since everything has to break down to a basic level on the internet. action base Animation aimed at adults and even teens in America doesn't make that much profit. This why people favorite cartoons like Avengers or Young Justice get canceled even when they are well-liked. Toy sales and advertising toys are what in the past kept most animation afloat. Companies in the past have/had no clue how to market/profit on an America cartoon aim at adults without toy sales being a factor.
    Although EMH was canceled because Disney wanted a show that was closer to the movies.

Yeah, Avengers Assemble's initial roster was the same six from the movies, and a teenage version of Falcon. In season 4, they aged up Falcon to match his movie version and had Ms. Marvel among the new additions to take his old audience surrogate role.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although EMH was canceled because Disney wanted a show that was closer to the movies.
    Wouldn't that be a move to capitalize on merchandising, toys, and other things?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wouldn't that be a move to capitalize on merchandising, toys, and other things?
    I mean, I don't even remember much Assemble merchandise if I'm honest. I would think EMH had more merchandising opportunities because it had more characters.

You mean those animation DTVs made by Lionsgate...those were produced as proof-of-concept for the MCU. Nothing more. They weren't intended to be a lasting thing.
    True they probably weren't meant to be a long lasting thing, but I was hoping they'd catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Even without comparing it to DC it's -sadly- a mess.

What did you think of Thor: Tales of Asgard? That was a fun movie, but I don't know if it does injustice to Thor's characterization.
    I need to go back and take a look at that. Hulk vs Wolverine was what I zero'd in on at the time, heh.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.