Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman #101

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Batman #101

After absolutely hating Joker War I was surprised that I actually liked this issue. I really liked the idea of the return to the brownstone and a leaner less tech focused Batman and the moment with Selina at the end was pretty great.

Incredible Member

good to know!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Is any of the stuff Lucius said Batman wouldn't be able to do anymore stuff that's actually been relevant?

Okay, the rocket he and Robin used in that B&R annual but otherwise he generally only uses one Batmobile (that I assume doesn't get trashed across multiple books) and that drone thing has never really happened.

I wonder if Tynion wants to write Batman without Catwoman or this is just so Bruce and Selina's solo's don't conflict. At least they're calling each other by name again.

I really did not like it. A lot of telling readers what the plan is, while showing Catwoman the door.

BANNED

The plan is to make Harley more integral in the Batfamily

Incredible Member

I knew Tynion hated Catwoman.

There's no reason to break them up. None.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

I very much enjoyed this issue.
    Real sad, though, to see Lucius in the physical state he's in.
    I liked the altercation between Bruce & Grifter and apparently Bruce is aware of the organization, Halo.
    I love the art style in these issues with March & Morey and I'm interested to see what happens with the introduction of Ghost Maker in #102.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I knew Tynion hated Catwoman.

There's no reason to break them up. None.
    I really do not appreciate writers who were critical of their predecessor undoing everything that person established. Or any editorial even allowing it so quickly.

If King hadn't made the Bat/Cat an absolutely toxic and unlovable duo, I would agree that it's extremely disrespectful to do something like that. But in the case at hand, the less King's run get to define the future of Batman the better, and the underlying themes of his Bat/Car are so rank and putrid that I can't wait to see it killed slowly over the coming year. Hopefully.

And at least it is acknowledged that they are an item still. But it's also acknowledged that they don't work well together.

I'm quite glad I didn't read King's run. Oh, I read a handful of issues, but it wasn't to my taste. I kept up with what was going on by reading here and listening to my sister. Sounded dreadful. I rather like the idea of Bruce/Selina (albeit in a healthier sense, as I like a healthier Bruce), and I think if I'd actually read the King run, I might well have lost that liking.

Nonetheless, I'm not a fan of them breaking up so soon. I hate the together-for-two-minutes-then-break-up thing in general. Plus I'd like to be able to read and enjoy them as a ship. And I don't want King the only option for shippers to read them. Puts too much gloss on his era.

so how nerf is Batman really. Cause right now Im expecting him to only have his batarangs and his grappling hook. Not some convenient item in his belt anymore
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    seems like it cause issue 103 got her fighting Clownhunter im pretty sure Batman wont let her go down
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That is so disappointing to me. I understand the business logic. May make DC a lot of money. But it's a turnoff for me. But since I wasn't buying anyway, that's no loss to them.

Going by Tom King, Bruce wouldn't be able to struggle at all with Catwoman around since together they can basically defeat any villain, no matter how improbable. Maybe Tynion just doesn't want to deal with that .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    seems like it cause issue 103 got her fighting Clownhunter im pretty sure Batman wont let her go down
    I'm glad Clownhunter isn't giving Harley a pass like everyone else does, even if she has too much plot armor for him to do any damage.

I hate Harley with the Batfamily so, so, much.

BANNED

The female trinity of DC has been Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Harley Quinn. Just read Sensastion Comics featuring Wonder Woman from 2014, they put Catwoman and Harley Quinn to be on the same side with Wonder Woman while Ivy on the side of Gotham villains. If it had been an in character Wonder Woman, she would have put all female criminals in jail.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 10-23-2020 at 11:21 AM.