Thread: The Nanny State

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Default The Nanny State

Nanny is interesting character. Her origin and motives have been explored, but questions arise.I believe that Nanny was a misguided person that thought she was doing the right thing, but her execution was botched by the belief that she had the best interest for mutant children. I would love to see her perspective of her actions explored more and to see any progress that has been made since her induction in the Hellions. Could Nanny be that motherly figure that the X-line has been missing?

Hear me out.Nanny has a fascination with mutant children is it because she may have lost a child due to her not being able to protect the child, so she took more extreme measures? Furthermore with the new status quo, could she assume a role in he developement of mutant children?Could Nanny one day actually head a sorta mutant orphanage, where we see her working with mutant children in the role of a guardian. I would like to see Nanny and Peter interact with more of the younger mutants arriving.

I am loving her involvement in the Hellions series. I hope we get more insight into her, she has a interesting backstory.

To me?

The "Let's See Just Where This Character's Good Intentions Wind Up Going..." aspect of Nanny being on Krakoa is one of the most interesting parts of the new lay of the land.

Ultimate Member

Given that we just saw Peter's armor almost get breached and some sort of destructive energy started leaking out, it's entirely possible that Nanny was right.

Perhaps he *needed* her to encase him in that armor. Maybe to protect others. Maybe to prevent himself from radiating away.

Either way, it's entirely possible, misguided or not, Nanny. Was. Right.

Nanny's extreme measures are thanks to going slightly crazy when she was trapped in her armor by the Right. She was working for them but betrayed them when she found out they were targeting mutants. Her punishment was being put into the suit but her intentions always remained good.

I believe she has some of the biggest potential to be a breakout star and become a fixture on Krakoa when it comes to caring for mutant children. I'm very excited to watch her journey.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I am interested in the character being explored or at least used some more, but aside from explaining her mental state being the result of some sort of psychosis her actions of killing parents and abducting children is not excusable or justifiable, and certainly not good intentioned. So fixing her results in what? She no longer has any motivation to continue with that fascination. Maybe her redemption leads her to pursue something similar but that seems too contrived and she has some powers and tech that could be explored in a way beyond becoming another 'mutant school teacher'.

Incredible Member

Nanny was also traumatized by an encounter with the Shadow King, I wonder if that gets brought up.

Nanny is my favorite X-character right now, no joke. All hail Zeb Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Nanny was also traumatized by an encounter with the Shadow King, I wonder if that gets brought up.
    And we know she has lite telepathy so that could play into her encounter with the Shadow King. Perhaps it shut off some of her potential.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Nanny is my favorite X-character right now, no joke. All hail Zeb Wells.
    I love Nanny. We're here for her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

lol, didn't know she was so popular.

I honestly can't handle Nanny as anything other than a villain.

She kidnapped children, murdered their parents and then used them to kidnap more kids. Her trauma doesn't justify inflicting even more pain.

Where are all her other 'Lost Boys (and Girls), anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    lol, didn't know she was so popular.

I honestly can't handle Nanny as anything other than a villain.

She kidnapped children, murdered their parents and then used them to kidnap more kids. Her trauma doesn't justify inflicting even more pain.

Where are all her other 'Lost Boys (and Girls), anyways?
    I mean, if it wasn't clear, just because I love Nanny doesn't mean I don't think of her as a villain.