Extraordinary Member

Default Rank these Shonen Heroes

I'm bringing back an old favorite of mine from the before times, and it's shiny new thanks to all the feats these guys have had since then. The goal of this thread is to rank the listed heroes in the listed categories, from best to worst. Note, feel free to not rank characters you are unfamiliar with.

Unless otherwise noted, assume the characters are in the strongest form they have demonstrated feats in.

The Heroes:
    Naruto Uzumaki
    Ichigo Kurosaki
    Monkey D. Luffy
    Yusuke Urameshi
    Zatch Bell(No Golden book)
    Gon Freecs
    Son Goku (23rd Budokai)
    Eren Jaeger
    Toriko
    Natsu Dragneel
    Inuyasha
    Ranma Saotome
    Negi Springfield
    Meliodas
    Edward Elric

They will be ranked in
    Strength
    Speed
    Durability
    Stamina
    Destructive Output
    Tactics
    Versatility
    Friendliness
    Heroism

And finally, tally up there results in the first 7 attributes and list them from greatest to worst

Huh, so that's who you were. I was wondering.

I am not going to use due to lack of knowledge and/or it hs been a long time since I looked at the series:

Yusuke Urameshi
    Zatch Bell(No Golden book)
    Gon Freecs
    Inuyasha
    Ranma Saotome
    Meliodas

I will use:
    Naruto Uzumaki (I'm using full Kyuubi Mode. Current mode would net higher results, but I want to wait a bit before using it)
    Ichigo Kurosaki
    Monkey D. Luffy
    Son Goku (23rd Budokai)
    Eren Jaeger
    Toriko
    Natsu Dragneel
    Negi Springfield
    Edward Elric

Strength
    Toriko
    Goku
    Naruto
    Luffy
    Negi
    Natsu
    Eren
    Edward

Speed:
    Negi
    Toriko
    Naruto
    Goku
    Luffy
    Natsu
    Edward
    Eren

Durability:
    Toriko
    Goku
    Naruto
    Negi (He did take Rakan's Eternal Negi Fever)
    Luffy
    Natsu
    Eren
    Edward

Stamina: I am not positive on this one but here it goes:
    Naruto
    Toriko
    Goku
    Luffy
    Natsu
    Negi
    Eren
    Edward

Destructive Output: Just judging biggest/largest area affected here
    Goku
    Naruto
    Toriko (Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed some ridiculous destructive power after his latest power but so far he is here)
    Negi
    Natsu
    Luffy
    Eren
    Edward

Tactics:
    Naruto
    Negi
    Edward
    Goku
    Luffy
    Toriko
    Natsu
    Eren

Versatility
    Naruto
    Edward
    Negi
    Luffy
    Toriko (I have no idea how he makes forks and knives but it's a thing)
    Natsu
    Goku
    Eren

Friendliness
    Naruto
    Luffy
    Goku
    Natsu
    Toriko
    Negi
    Edward
    Eren

Heroism
    Naruto
    Goku
    Negi
    Eren (Totally revenge fueled though so it may not count)
    Toriko
    Edward
    Natsu
    Luffy (not a knock against the guy but he is a pirate and he did cause a mass breakout)

Overall: Okay so Naruto, Goku and Toriko prominently feature in the top three most of the time. Except for the Tactics and versatility in which only Naruto is there.

I'm biased in favor of Naruto? Probably. He is among the more versatile people here though.

As an aside, I fully expect Toriko to eventually become the strongest one of these people.

I mean, we already have a lightspeed frog and crap like Midora's meteor spice.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-09-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

you forgot to rank Ichigo

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    well we cant exactly rank him since current ichigo is pretty much featless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well we cant exactly rank him since current ichigo is pretty much featless.
    OP says to use Strongest Version with feats unless otherwise noted. Which I suppose would be FGT Ichigo currently

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

I haven't finished Zatch Bell, or I'd comment on that one, but looking at Hazard's lists above, I think I can roughly place Ranma and Gon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Strength
    Toriko
    Goku
    Naruto
    Gon (He was moving several tons before he even got Nen at the beginning of the series. And he's an Enhancer focusing on strength, so that just adds to the Nen multiplier.)
    Luffy
    Ranma (He's not shattering fortress walls like Luffy, but he's in a tier where he can match strength with guys who shatter ice rinks and fling boulder around.)
    Negi
    Natsu
    Eren
    Edward

Speed:
    Negi
    Toriko
    Naruto
    Goku
    Ranma (Fast enough to blitz Kuno, who was faster than normals could perceive. And by 'blitz' I mean 'spell out a message on his forehead with bruises from finger strikes too fast for Kuno to notice.' And Ranma significantly upgrades his speed at least twice later in the series.)
    Luffy
    Gon (Notably fast, as seen when stealing cards during Greed Island.)
    Natsu
    Edward
    Eren

Durability:
    Toriko
    Goku
    Naruto
    Luffy
    Gon (Nen again. Apparently, taking hits from people with multi-ton strength is something even baseline mook Nen-users can do, and Gon is significantly tougher.)
    Ranma (At least one translation has Ranma scoffing at Saffron for not being able to take an enormous tornado-driven boulder to the face, noting that he gets hit by that kind of thing during training all the time.)
    Natsu
    Eren
    Edward

Stamina: I am not positive on this one but here it goes:
    Naruto
    Toriko
    Goku
    Luffy
    Natsu
    Ranma (Punching a guy hundreds of times in the same spot within the span of a fraction of a second is something that tires him out quickly.)
    Gon (Can take a four-hour run without problems, but gets tired out by Biscuit's training regime.)
    Negi
    Eren
    Edward

Destructive Output: Just judging biggest/largest area affected here
    Goku
    Naruto
    Toriko (Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed some ridiculous destructive power after his latest power but so far he is here)
    Negi
    Natsu
    Luffy
    Gon (The amount of damage he can do with a Jajanken Rock punch is pretty crazy. He probably deserves to be higher up on this list, but he doesn't have the actual feats of shattering more than a large wall while holding back relatively early in the series.)
    Ranma (Makes giant tornadoes, but otherwise not particularly destructive.)
    Eren
    Edward

Tactics:
    Naruto
    Negi
    Ranma (Analyzing the other guy and discovering their weaknesses is his schtick. Dirty tricks are also a thing he is not above.)
    Gon (Is noted for being highly adaptive and figuring unorthodox ways out of situations. Weaponized calling his attack.)
    Edward
    Goku
    Luffy
    Toriko
    Natsu
    Eren

Versatility
    Naruto
    Edward
    Negi
    Ranma (Master of numerous bizarre martial arts. Human puppeteering? Shoving food in people's mouths? Using teaspoons as deadly weapons? Energy blasts? Drunken Kung Fu? Super speed punches? Ninja log? Making tornadoes? Turning feral and shredding things from a distance? Becoming nigh-invisible? Ranma's done all of these.)
    Luffy
    Toriko (I have no idea how he makes forks and knives but it's a thing)
    Natsu
    Goku
    Eren
    Gon (Dude's got maybe four special moves, three of which are Jajanken Paper, Rock, and Scissors, (crappy energy blast, awesome super punch, and deadly energy blade, respectively) and the last being the super mode that nearly killed him. A toolbox of endless abilities he is not.)

Friendliness
    Naruto
    Gon (Friend to all animals, assassins, reformed serial killers, etc. etc. You pretty much have to be irredeemable, soulless, or do something particularly atrocious to Gon's friends to piss Gon off.)
    Luffy
    Goku
    Natsu
    Toriko
    Negi
    Ranma (His ability to treat people trying to kill him as buddies is renowned, but if he doesn't respect you, you can expect casual boots to the head as a form of greeting. Even if he does respect you, his tendency to insult people doesn't win him many friends.)
    Edward
    Eren

Heroism
    Naruto
    Goku
    Negi
    Ranma (Usually just deals with his own problems or rescues Akane, but occasionally goes off and fights monsters and oni as part of the 'Martial Artist's duty to defend the weak'.)
    Eren (Totally revenge fueled though so it may not count)
    Toriko
    Edward
    Natsu
    Luffy (not a knock against the guy but he is a pirate and he did cause a mass breakout)
    Gon (Heroism isn't really on Gon's radar. He's just looking for his dad.)

Extraordinary Member

Not really. He dispersed most of it with Asuna's anti-sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Not really. He dispersed most of it with Asuna's anti-sword.
    I could swear Rakan hit him with something big at least once.

Extraordinary Member

I could swear Rakan hit him with something big at least once.
    Nope.

Negi either used Asuna's sword to block or disperse the big blasts or used Magia Erebea to absorb the blast. Rakan mainly messed him up with punches and counters.

it's interesting to me how well Ranma stacks up (well, in stats the character mostly doesn't at all) as a series because the romantic comedy/farce elements of it are at least as important as the fighting arcs in it, arguably more so; the series isn't written as a long string of power-up arcs.

several of the other series with characters in here are basically nothing but long strings of power-up arcs, and this is largely why i dropped them, that and just hating the writing.

well, that's just me and it has nothing to do with fights.
    Last edited by penguin-in-leather-jacket; 05-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I wish nik were still here, he knew a lot about Zatch