Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #272: Part 7 of the X-Tinction Agenda. The issue where the team gets back together and escapes Hodge's clutches. Features Gambit's awesome lock-picking scene, Psylocke's "Die Hard" moment and Ororo returning to adulthood. The best action movie never made.
    No doubt! Great pick here. This is hands down my favorite single issue. But you left out my favorite parts, that being how Cable busts loose (with Gambit backing him up instinctively) and attempts to shoot Hodge in the face... only to stand down when he uses Psylocke as a human shield. And then the brutal fight between an already weakened Wolverine and an out of control Archangel. Awesome stuff!

UNX #153: Kitty's Fairy Tale--a light-hearted change of pace, with a sweet moral.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No doubt! Great pick here. This is hands down my favorite single issue. But you left out my favorite parts, that being how Cable busts loose (with Gambit backing him up instinctively) and attempts to shoot Hodge in the face... only to stand down when he uses Psylocke as a human shield.
    Agreed. Best scene ever, and a definite classic...

And then the brutal fight between an already weakened Wolverine and an out of control Archangel. Awesome stuff!
    Agreed. Jim Lee's artwork during this time has yet to be surpassed...

Oooh... I’ve got chills. I started my X-men obsession with X-men #1, but went back to the comic shop and bought an old TPB of X-Tinction Agenda. Must’ve read it a hundred times, and flipped through that particular issue and those pages a thousand times growing up!

Astonishing X-Men Vol. 3 #22

Astonishing X-Men Vol. 3 #23

Both are great on their own, specially 23, but together it's even more powerful.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

A couple of mine have been mentioned, but I loved X-23 vol 2 #10. It's cool to see Gambit, Jubilee, and Wolverine there to help Laura

Uncanny X-Men 173. One of the first random X-Men comics I picked up. I love a good Wolverine/Rogue team up
    Make Good Art

Oooh... I’ve got chills. I started my X-men obsession with X-men #1, but went back to the comic shop and bought an old TPB of X-Tinction Agenda. Must’ve read it a hundred times, and flipped through that particular issue and those pages a thousand times growing up!
    The only problem with X-Tinction is the X-Factor art. Yeah, when Liefeld is acceptable in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Forever #1 for me. X-Men Vol 2 #33 - "The Hearts of Thieves" by Fabian Nicieza and Andy Kubert.

My favorite story. Young Gambit vs Sabretooth in Paris. Great story with awesome art.

I remember reading this issue many moons ago and absolutely loving it. It perfectly encapsulated everything cool about Gambit. The suave, duplicitous charmer who can't be trusted. A hero with a bit of dirt on him. Essentially a good man for the most part; morally flexible, but a little bit naïve and immature.

I'd love to see Marvel Studios run with a variation of this story for a standalone Gambit flick; pitting a young, inexperienced Remy against a ruthless Creed. This is one of the stories where Sabretooth is presented as genuinely threatening, as opposed to a monosyllabic henchman. He's cunning, ruthless, unbelievably cruel, and he absolutely torments Gambit. The ending was a real gut punch. It felt like a story with consequences, one that shaped Remy into the character he would eventually become.

Excellent pick

X-Men (1991 series) vol 70. The various groups of the X-Men regroup after the fallout of OZT. Cecelia Reyes works to save Cyclop's life while Juggernaut shows up. Just a ton of great characterization in this issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Way too many to mention but...my top five:

UXM 175.jpg
    The very first XM comic I ever bought
    UXM 185.jpg
    UXM 198.jpg

Plus Uncanny X-Men 189 and XM: GS Annual 09
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Fantastic Member

X-Men Omega - I'd throw Alpha in too but the culmination of the Age of Apocalypse. Magneto at his most badassness.

Uncanny X-Men 316/317 - Phalanx Covenant. Beginning of Gen X. Banshee actually getting a chance to shine.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Both are great on their own, specially 23, but together it's even more powerful.
    Got to agree.
    “What other lies have you told?”
    Iconic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The only problem with X-Tinction is the X-Factor art. Yeah, when Liefeld is acceptable in comparison.
    Jon Bogdanove is the only comic artist to draw a smashed breast. That image of Jean's breast pressing against Logan was tattooed in my 15 year brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Absolutely this.

Also, Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #4 (I think), the one with the Phalanx? Cyclops and Storm had a good interaction and I liked the sci-fi/pov element.

I'm sure I'll think of more but that one always comes to mind.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Uncanny X-Men #205 "The Wounded Wolf", the story perfectly encasulapted Logan's characther in the 80s and Barry Windsor Smith artwork was amazing.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona