Not your favorite arc or even two-parter, but single issue. That doesn't mean it can't be part of a crossover, a few of mine are, but which single issues do you prize and adore above all others?

A few of mine:

Uncanny X-Men #272: Part 7 of the X-Tinction Agenda. The issue where the team gets back together and escapes Hodge's clutches. Features Gambit's awesome lock-picking scene, Psylocke's "Die Hard" moment and Ororo returning to adulthood. The best action movie never made.

House of X #2 - Moira X's retcon revelation. As elegant explanation of a wicked cool sci-fi concept as you are going to get. Clearly influenced by The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August but still a wholly original spin on the concept and just beautifully illustrated by Pepe Larraz

Uncanny 341 - Gladiator vs. Cannoball. The peak of Joe Mad's art on the book I think. Not high art this one but I have a real soft spot for it.

Uncanny 303 - The first comic to make me cry (I was 6 or 7 when I read it) and it still makes me tear up. Shame that the Richard Bennet art is such a bad fit for the story. Probably Lobdell's single best script for the X-Men

Uncanny X-Men 173 - Rogue and Wolverine try to track down Silver Samurai and Viper. Paul Smith goodness. That excellent silent horizontal fight between Wolverine and the Samurai.

What are some of yours?