Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men 227.

The X-Men die saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by EndangeredSpecies View Post
    I remember reading this issue many moons ago and absolutely loving it. It perfectly encapsulated everything cool about Gambit. The suave, duplicitous charmer who can't be trusted. A hero with a bit of dirt on him. Essentially a good man for the most part; morally flexible, but a little bit naïve and immature.

I'd love to see Marvel Studios run with a variation of this story for a standalone Gambit flick; pitting a young, inexperienced Remy against a ruthless Creed. This is one of the stories where Sabretooth is presented as genuinely threatening, as opposed to a monosyllabic henchman. He's cunning, ruthless, unbelievably cruel, and he absolutely torments Gambit. The ending was a real gut punch. It felt like a story with consequences, one that shaped Remy into the character he would eventually become.

Excellent pick
    Wow! Very cool review! You get all the best from it
    Definetely would love to see it in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    A couple of mine have been mentioned, but I loved X-23 vol 2 #10. It's cool to see Gambit, Jubilee, and Wolverine there to help Laura

Uncanny X-Men 173. One of the first random X-Men comics I picked up. I love a good Wolverine/Rogue team up
    That X-23 issue is Golden!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Jon Bogdanove is the only comic artist to draw a smashed breast. That image of Jean's breast pressing against Logan was tattooed in my 15 year brain.
    Me too, man, me too. I’ve always loved this panel.

D40336A7-A328-49E1-B9F9-DBB30EFF691A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #205 "The Wounded Wolf", the story perfectly encasulapted Logan's characther in the 80s and Barry Windsor Smith artwork was amazing.
    If you thought 80's version of BWS artwork was amazing, then you must check out both his 90's artwork & writing during...

Weapon X

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-24-2020 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    EXCALIBUR 14, part 3 of The Cross-Time Caper
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    X-Factor #87 - the psychiatrist issue. Lovely dialogue, Joe Q art and the defining pieceof Quicksilver characterisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    UNX #153: Kitty's Fairy Tale--a light-hearted change of pace, with a sweet moral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    All of mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Jon Bogdanove is the only comic artist to draw a smashed breast.
    *ahem*

Longshot & Dazzler by Alan Davis.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Two issues that use to come to my mind when I'm thinking of favorites are UXM #183 (especially because of the brilliant first pages)

and UXM #182.

Not very funny, I know... I guess I'm kind of masochist.

New Mutants #21 - Slumber Party

Perfect Sienkiewicz art, 1st appearance of Warlock and Cypher is properly introduced to book here. Stakes aren't too high and you get some great character moments at the sleepover. It's an oversied issue so maybe cheating a bit.

Uncanny X-Men #467 - 24 Seconds (Grey's End)
    The best Claremont Issue from his many returns to the X-Books. Bachalo's art is great and the Shi'ar Death Commandos designs are all amazing. We get Claremont at this tropiest 'make you care about them just as they are obviously going to die' for pretty much the entire Grey family.

Excalibur #54 - Curiouser & Curioser
    Alan Davis both writing and penciling. It has all the silly Excalibur features in one issue, it's just a shame only the one member of Technet is in this issue.

Echo ayone who's said X-Factor #87. Not a huge Peter David fan but that's just a fantastic 1 issue story.

Uncanny X-Men #328 Psylocke Vs. Sabretooth
    I'm a huge Joe Mad fan and I loved his work on this book, but it's the story that makes it a favorite. Sabretooth got under Tabitha's skin and I knew he was talking **** just to be freed. I loved how Psylocke was ready for that fight-even though it didn't end as she anticipated. She was a true warrior in this book.

X-Men #78 Psi-War Part 2 Psylocke Vs. Shadow King
    At this point, Psylocke was my favorite character. Shadow King talked so much **** to her and his commentary on Psylocke was so shady. But, in the end she showed him who was boss.

House of X #4 X-Men Destroy Mother Mold
    I keep a 2nd copy of this just to re-read. The art is beautiful and the stakes are so high on this one (before we knew exactly what the Resurrection Protocols were). The Kurt and Logan scene was beautiful. Monet was a boss and it was sad to watch Jean be overpowered like that. The telepathic/hydrokinetic mind link was so cool to me.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I could not leave out
    UXM 172.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

X-Men #30

Its really hard to pick single issues as X-Men stories are seldom one offs. I would say the issue of X-Men when Moira dies.

For me it's gotta be X-Men #7. The Crucible was just awesome and was the first I have been blown away by a comic since I was kid.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If you thought 80's version of BWS artwork was amazing, then you must check out both his 90's artwork & writing during...

Weapon X

Oh, i read that book long ago, probably the best Wolverine story ever written.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The rogue storm issue of uncanny.
    Operation zero tolerance issue where they were taking the bomb out of cyclops.
    And for some reason the hint for xavier the very first giant size issue that bachalo drew with the new 05 like mutants. Loved it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The rogue storm issue of uncanny.
    Operation zero tolerance issue where they were taking the bomb out of cyclops.
    And for some reason the hint for xavier the very first giant size issue that bachalo drew with the new 05 like mutants. Loved it.

Still two of my favorite pages. From X-men 360 by bachalo and seagle.

xmen36001jpg.jpg
    xmen36002jpg.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/