Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

So far, most of the posters in this thread have gone back through the decades and singled out issues from bygone eras of X-Men lore. Which makes a lot of sense, because there are so many iconic moments to choose from, and the fact that we are still talking about most of these runs decades later is testament to that. I'm going to go against the grain a little and suggest a more recent title for my favourite issue.

House of X Issue 7 was one of the most exciting X-Men issues I've read in years.

The raid on the Forge and the battle between the X-Men and Orchis was epic. The back and forth struggle between the two, as one faction sought to destroy Mothermold, while the other pulled out all the stops to defend her, is one of the best action sequences I've ever read in any comic book. Everything about it was thrilling.

The ebb and flow of the battle, as one side gained advantage over the other. The increasingly desperate measures that both parties resorted to as the situation worsened. It was brilliantly plotted, beautifully drawn and Hickman made it feel like the outcome really mattered, as opposed to being just a vehicle for meaningless action.

Also, spoiler to follow: I think the image of Mothermold tumbling towards the sun with a dying, feral Logan in tow, will go on to become one of those panels that X-fans talk about and remember years from now.

Hard to pin down one singular issue, but I probably read Uncanny X-Men 268(Wolverine, Captain America, and Black Widow cover) more times than any other comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #272: Part 7 of the X-Tinction Agenda. The issue where the team gets back together and escapes Hodge's clutches. Features Gambit's awesome lock-picking scene, Psylocke's "Die Hard" moment and Ororo returning to adulthood. The best action movie never made.
    You nailed it with this one! This was peak CC/JimLee (and also peak 90s) and one of the best action oriented X-Men issues of all time.

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Uncanny X-Men #239. The Sinister POV, Storm confronting Logan about Jean, Rogue and Psylocke sparring, and Madelyne and Alex!!!

12.jpg16.jpg19.jpg

But my all-time favorite run is probably CC/Paul Smith which was collected in From the Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Hard to pin down one singular issue, but I probably read Uncanny X-Men 268(Wolverine, Captain America, and Black Widow cover) more times than any other comic.
    OMG! Definitely an all-time classic (especially at the end when they parted ways):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-27-2020 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

To add to the other current era books mentioned...I personally loved:
    DoX X-Men 04.jpg
    and
    DoX X-Men 06.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Hickman's has to be X-Men #7

All round I go way back to X-Men #190 (c2006) Supernovas part 3.Introduced me to my all time fave X-Men villains.That issue made me realise just how dangerous the children were.

X-Force #75
    Reasons I love it include but are not limited to:
    1. Selene is the villain
    2. James Proudstar and Dani Moonstar share a power moment
    3. BURING MAN!
    4. Karma shows up with buzzed pink hair looking very 90's alternative
    5. Adam Pollina's art
    RCO001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Way too many to mention but...my top five:

Attachment 101662
    The very first XM comic I ever bought
    Attachment 101663
    Attachment 101664

Plus Uncanny X-Men 189 and XM: GS Annual 09

Those are my favorites too! Along with Uncanny 205

My top two would be:
    X-Men #113
    xmen113-max-1400.jpg
    And X-Men #116
    s-l640.jpg
    Impossible odds. Great Fights. Beautiful art.

Mighty Member

House of X #2 was probably my favourite single issue if last year.
    It managed to pack everything I like in a 20 page comic which is extremely impressive.

New X-Men #121 is also up there, I love the trippy art style and it managed to further my enjoyment of the Giant Sized Jean Grey/Emma Frost issue that came out earlier this year.

Finally, Uncanny X-Force #35, while I could pick any issue from this series, I feel this coda has the emotional punches and the sense of finality.

BANNED

X-Men #7 is one of the most powerful issues that encapsulates 20 years of X-Men. Uncanny X-Men #205 and Uncanny X-Force #9 are worth mentioning as single issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    X-Force #75
    Reasons I love it include but are not limited to:
    1. Selene is the villain
    2. James Proudstar and Dani Moonstar share a power moment
    3. BURNING MAN!
    4. Karma shows up with buzzed pink hair looking very 90's alternative
    5. Adam Pollina's art
    RCO001.jpg
    Underrated! I really enjoyed the road trip era of X-Force more than any other iteration within that volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To add to the other current era books mentioned...I personally loved:
    DoX X-Men 04.jpg
    and
    DoX X-Men 06.jpg
    These are good choices.