Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    What quality you have that make Wonder Woman will accept you?
    Well, judging from the costume, Superman certainly has one quality that Diana might like. Yes, he's very muscular. Why, what did you think I was going to say?

Also, depending on the era, a mullet. And everyone knows, Wonder Woman loves mullets.

I'm going on a bit of a tangent here, and I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I feel like there's this weird thing going on among casuals in which it seems like a no-brainer that straight women would be attracted to the likes of Batman, or in this age of MCU, Iron Man, but for some reason Superman is this peculiar acquired taste. I dunno, maybe it's because Superman is a freak of nature and not "only a human," and that being attracted to him is like being attracted to E.T. I'm just guessing people think Superman is a boring stiff with no personality, and that some of this falls on the writers in various media not doing a great job of fleshing him out.

I suppose it's probably better that it's not like every other female he comes across fawns over him... ahem...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm going on a bit of a tangent here, and I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I feel like there's this weird thing going on among casuals in which it seems like a no-brainer that straight women would be attracted to the likes of Batman, or in this age of MCU, Iron Man, but for some reason Superman is this peculiar acquired taste. I dunno, maybe it's because Superman is a freak of nature and not "only a human," and that being attracted to him is like being attracted to E.T. I'm just guessing people think Superman is a boring stiff with no personality, and that some of this falls on the writers in various media not doing a great job of fleshing him out.

I suppose it's probably better that it's not like every other female he comes across fawns over him... ahem...
    I think that’s just because Superman tends to have more consistent love interests whereas Iron Man and Batman have well earned reputations as playboys. The odds of them having sex with whatever straight women they see are much higher.

With Superman, he’d probably have to cheat on his partner in order to do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, judging from the costume, Superman certainly has one quality that Diana might like. Yes, he's very muscular. Why, what did you think I was going to say?

Also, depending on the era, a mullet. And everyone knows, Wonder Woman loves mullets.
    Diana is incredibly picky when it comes to people she has a relationship with, looks isn't really something that'd do this since she can get guys who look like Superman (and have powers) any time she wants. The problem isn't Superman's body, she can appreciate beefcake, it's the person underneath who will be deal breaker. Clark could do this by himself, since he's who he is and they both know it but a random guy possessing Superman isn't going to cut it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

Think clean, dude, think clean.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Diana is incredibly picky when it comes to people she has a relationship with, looks isn't really something that'd do this since she can get guys who look like Superman (and have powers) any time she wants. The problem isn't Superman's body, she can appreciate beefcake, it's the person underneath who will be deal breaker. Clark could do this by himself, since he's who he is and they both know it but a random guy possessing Superman isn't going to cut it.
    I’m honestly surprised that you’re still debating with them on this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except from the OP, I literally would be Superman, so it wouldn't be a random guy. I'd be as nice and good as he is, and all the rest. You are of course right about Diana, but that's why she'd like Superman; he really is a great guy. Well, the versions I like best, anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Think clean, dude, think clean.

IIRC, in the early 90s show Lois and Clark, Ma Kent made a comment about that, which got Clark saying something like "Maaaa!" in a completely embarrassed voice. I think the comment went along the lines of "They're not looking at your face!"

I have great affection for both characters, and even some admiration as role models for both men and women, but I wish they'd stop making them more "relevant" and more edgy by having them kill or whatever. I just like good, decent, honest Superman and Wonder Woman. So if I did find myself suddenly Superman; whatever I did it would be to try to live up to his decency and innate goodness.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly ? I'd try to tore down capitalism, in anyway I can. it's the thing which is killing our world, after all, and has helped the creation of all the terror groups which affect us today, if we search for it. So... probably better for Mankind that I don't have those powers, but less so for the planet, I guess ?
    Sorry, but "capitalism" isn't destroying the world; "greed" is. Making a profit from the sell of consumer goods is a noble thing. Teaches hard work, and the value of ingenuity. What goes wrong is when you put the "fix" into the system, thereby creating an imbalance. When that happens, it get corporatism, and all the bad things associated with it (like preventing people from declaring bankruptcy on, let's say, student loans, or just having a student loan program to begin with). When properly balanced, capitalism is the greatest thing ever; when not balanced, you get wealth disparity, environmental degradation and political influencing. "Balance", my friend, is the KEY.

Incredible Member

If I were Superman, I'd be "Superman".

But if I was someone with Superman's powers, I'd act more like Batman, in that I would do my thing from the shadows, and try to prevent to expose the fact that there was a super-powered alien running around. If I had to go out into the world, and risk exposure, I'd wear an all-black costume, with no identifiers, dressed from head to toe (including wearing a mask), and hope that my suit could turn invisible long enough for me to act. If not, just be creative about it.

Other than that, I'd be making money on the side, while using that to help advance science and technology, while donating to charity in the realm of education and job training.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Sorry, but "capitalism" isn't destroying the world; "greed" is. Making a profit from the sell of consumer goods is a noble thing. Teaches hard work, and the value of ingenuity. What goes wrong is when you put the "fix" into the system, thereby creating an imbalance. When that happens, it get corporatism, and all the bad things associated with it (like preventing people from declaring bankruptcy on, let's say, student loans, or just having a student loan program to begin with). When properly balanced, capitalism is the greatest thing ever; when not balanced, you get wealth disparity, environmental degradation and political influencing. "Balance", my friend, is the KEY.

Thank you, I totally agree with this

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    But if I was someone with Superman's powers, I'd act more like Batman, in that I would do my thing from the shadows, and try to prevent to expose the fact that there was a super-powered alien running around.
    Actually,superman was the first to do that.He just realised he needs to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No lie, that kind of power and little to nothing in our world capable of actually stopping me, along with the intelligence of a Kryptonian... I would probably go a similar route of Red Son (minus the Communist angle at least). Though rather be in charge directly, be that "neutral party" or whatever that steps in when things go sideways. Like putting an idiot in charge of a country and allowing a pandemic to ravage it...

But not take full power for myself. No sir. Intervening when people are being awful is one thing. Governing is a mess that I want no part of, and leave it to people that know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I don't think even a Superman could force the world to be better. If we should have learned anything in recent years it's that people will see what they want to see, regardless of the evidence or arguments.

I figure the best case scenario is you'd show up with the "treat people right, or expect a visit from me!" mentality, throw some politicians into the sun, destabilize a economy or two, and force the world to come together to stop you. You probably couldn't save the world as a hero (seems many people have no desire to embody those basic virtues), but as a villain you could give them a common enemy to rally against. So you could unite the world.....in their efforts to kill you. And if you were lucky and you stuck with it long enough, maybe that spirit of cooperation would become a habit and you'd actually get somewhere close to achieving your goals, and could allow yourself to be "defeated" knowing that this new cooperation will outlive their war against you.
    The problem with creating a uniting villain is that you become the most important problem. In the world and everything else is ignored. Now all that everyone cares about is build kryptonite weapons, up our carbon imprint just to build more things to kill Superman. Forget about healthcare or education, kill Superman. I guess I shouldn't get too political, but Global Warming is the only universal issue that should be prioritized over societal development.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-12-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The problem with creating a uniting villain is that you become the most important problem. In the world and everything else is ignored. Now all that everyone cares about is build kryptonite weapons, up our carbon imprint just to build more things to kill Superman. Forget about healthcare or education, kill Superman. I guess I shouldn't get too political, but Global Warming is the only universal issue that should be prioritized over societal development.
    You're not wrong. But if someone with Clark's powers showed up, this would be what happens anyway. You could save all the cats from all the trees, make all the speeches about humanity driving humanity, and every government and power broker on earth is *still* going to focus the majority of their effort into finding a way to stop you. Because you might change your mind, or they're just scared of you and the change you represent, or whatever. A single person with Clark's powers is not something the real world would be able to put up with, no matter how good and noble you were. Some might listen. Many would not.

I'm not saying the "common enemy" thing is the right way to go about anything. I doubt it would work if you tried it (because people just don't get along and seem determined to remain that way). But it seems to me, and maybe I've just become a cynical bastard, but it seems like being the good guy would just result in everyone giving you crap (he should've done this instead! He shouldn't have done this at all! He did this wrong! Why didn't he do this other thing?) and damn few people learning anything. I mean, look at MLK or Ghandi or Mother Terresa. These are people we *should* have listened to. They weren't perfect but there's no real denying that they saw a better world than we did and they showed us a path to get there, but if those people couldn't get the world to listen to them, a dude who can fly and save cats from trees isn't either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The nice thing about Clark is that as long as he doesn't escalate issues he might make things go fine. There aren't many humans that could actually kill him, so he could get away with things that we can't.