Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly ? I'd try to tore down capitalism, in anyway I can. it's the thing which is killing our world, after all, and has helped the creation of all the terror groups which affect us today, if we search for it. So... probably better for Mankind that I don't have those powers, but less so for the planet, I guess ?
    Now, see? That is the kind of Elseworlds story that would be gripping and thought provoking. There are a number of unsettling ideas in your description alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Now, see? That is the kind of Elseworlds story that would be gripping and thought provoking. There are a number of unsettling ideas in your description alone.
    I'm still baffled that DC isn't using Ra's or Ivy in some form of it, making them more sympathetic to the readership and yet greatly antagonistic to heroes. No need to have Ra's destroying cities indiscriminately for instance. Have him aim only for the wealthiest peoples of the world with a clear warning : change the system entirely or get removed from this world so others will do, would go a long way into making him more than one-dimensional evil guy.

I also prefer that over a character kills y character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

see the one power I need to have to uproot corruption is invisibility, in order to get the hidden evidence, and Superman doesn't have that. So I guess I settle with saving victims of natural disasters and making sure the donations get to the right place

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    see the one power I need to have to uproot corruption is invisibility, in order to get the hidden evidence, and Superman doesn't have that. So I guess I settle with saving victims of natural disasters and making sure the donations get to the right place
    Eh, you could accomplish virtually the same thing with super speed; rush in, grab what you want, get out before anyone sees you or the cameras catch more than a blur. And x-ray vision, along with all the other sensory abilities, make it easier for you to find what you want.

If we get Clark's resources along with his powers (I'm assuming we don't) then you don't even have to do it physically, I'm sure the Fortress computers could easily find what you need, or whip up a decent invisibility suit for you if the data is on a closed system.

It makes me glad, though, to see so many people talking about the good, noble works they'd do. I don't believe for a second that any of us would actually stick to just those things and not end up going over the line sooner or later, but it's nice to think that you folks believe you wouldn't.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd probably do a very bad job, even though my intentions would be good, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I will probably run superfast, jump(cause jumping is fun) around doing that 500 flips, corkscrews and junk. I would read everything and anything i can find. I would probably be able to cut a mountain with a sword slash or maybe not(now that would be awesome) .I would be able to punch harder. I will do what i want. I don't particularly care about saving the world nor do i care enough to control/change it. So, me being me x100. A super-me. I am not gonna pretend i want to.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-24-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd probably do a very bad job, even though my intentions would be good, lol.
    Pretty much my thoughts. I'd try like hell to make a positive difference in the world (even if I tried not to interfere at first, I'd stick my nose in eventually), but I'd likely only cause chaos, and any good that came of it would likely be in spite of me, not because of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean, if the choices were easy, say I gained powers and suddenly there was a nefarious alien invasion? I'm not going to join the evil invaders or anything, I'm going to get that one right and protect humanity. But rarely are choices that blatantly easy in terms of the right decision.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It would be pretty tempting to go full Authority and make big changes in the world.
    Climate change, government corruption, bigotry, poverty, kids in cages...how could you have that kind of power and not do something about it? I'd try to be as benign as possible about it, but the world is in such a mess, I think an altruistic person with that kind of power could surely make the world a better place. Whatever mistakes were made, I feel like it would still be the greater good.

Extraordinary Member

I'd stop using my home gym...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I mean, if the choices were easy, say I gained powers and suddenly there was a nefarious alien invasion? I'm not going to join the evil invaders or anything, I'm going to get that one right and protect humanity. But rarely are choices that blatantly easy in terms of the right decision.
    Well yeah, it's pretty easy to make the correct ethical choice when you're fighting an alien horde that only wants to erase humankind. Also easy to make the correct ethical choice if a single national leader attempts genocide and world domination. But rarely are we confronted with such easy, simple dilemmas.

And I wouldn't be able to sit on the sidelines for long. I'd feel too much of a responsibility to take action.

~ Black Panther.

If i had Superman's power? What would i do? With my luck, it would most likey be silver-age power level. My main worry would be losing control of all that power. One of the first things i would do is, cure as many of earth's known diseases as possible. Explore the multiverse.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'd stop using my home gym...
    OMG

I never thought about this. Is there such a thing as a fat Superman?