Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't remember him deleting those, but i only read her pre-Secret Wars solo. In that i remember a scene when she was shown to be as uncomfortable about it as Peter (quite the contrast with Spider-Verse as you said), i supposed that maybe he got rid of that later.

Overall, Thompson run was ok for me, at leat what i read of it, but my overall opinion of her is "she's ok now" no more no less. I'm glad that she has her fans thougth.
    Yeah it was referenced, but Cindy's pheromones were never activated while she was around Peter, and he did show up once or twice, so Thompson quietly got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't remember Thompson acknowledging them in the solo, maybe in like a one-off line in a narration box, but she was usually uncomfortable around Peter because she just...generally didn't seem to like him that much?
    It was referenced in the first issue:

But she just says they "had a thing", only aluding to the pheronomones.

And yeah, it's never explained why she's uncomfortable around Peter, they look like exes, which, in a date-rape way I guess they are? I dunno, it's weird.

Like there was literally that moment in Clone Conspiracy where Peter was able to tell she wasn't a clone because she was being abrasive towards him .
    He just says "I assume you're not a clone?" when meeting her before she says anything, so he was just checking there:

(Clone Conspiracy#5)

Silk version of this scene from her comic has the same dialogue too, while ironically enough, not having the same haircut lol.

Amazing Member

I wonder if Peter does know Kindred’s real identity. I mean Norman knew all the way back in the Absolute Carnage tie ins and just recently expressed this verbally. I feel like Peter doesn’t know yet, anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    I wonder if Peter does know Kindred’s real identity. I mean Norman knew all the way back in the Absolute Carnage tie ins and just recently expressed this verbally. I feel like Peter doesn’t know yet, anyone else?
    i feel like he does know but doesnt want to confirm it yet
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I wonder if there will be some kind of symmetry between Harry & Peter...maybe Harry has similarly made a deal with the devil?
    I've come to theorise he made a deal (back when he was in full make-robot-parents-to-mess-with-Peter mode) to bring Norman back to life. Mephisto made it so he never died, knowing full well Norman would fake his death (and probably wiping Harry's memory of the whole deal). Then when Harry died, he was suddenly confronted with the fact he'd sold his soul and was most likely forced to watch all the terrible things Norman did to his friends (which if you assume he's remembering pre-OMD includes literal baby murder) that he enabled by making the deal. That'd take a terrible toll on anyone's mind.

I wonder what the exact reasons Harry holds OMD against Peter are, though. I feel like he's definitely madder at Peter than MJ, though. I mean while she technically was the one to make the deal, it was right after Peter basically dropped a guilt trip about how while he'd be willing to say no he'd feel super terrible about it.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I've come to theorise he made a deal (back when he was in full make-robot-parents-to-mess-with-Peter mode) to bring Norman back to life. Mephisto made it so he never died, knowing full well Norman would fake his death (and probably wiping Harry's memory of the whole deal). Then when Harry died, he was suddenly confronted with the fact he'd sold his soul and was most likely forced to watch all the terrible things Norman did to his friends (which if you assume he's remembering pre-OMD includes literal baby murder) that he enabled by making the deal. That'd take a terrible toll on anyone's mind.

I wonder what the exact reasons Harry holds OMD against Peter are, though. I feel like he's definitely madder at Peter than MJ, though. I mean while she technically was the one to make the deal, it was right after Peter basically dropped a guilt trip about how while he'd be willing to say no he'd feel super terrible about it.
    Maybe the fact that Peter and MJ have started to gravitate back together? And Harry sees this as “cheating” when Harry has done nothing but suffer for his actions?

BANNED

Gonna say it now all the magic is fake. All the hell imagey sin eater coming back from the dead it’s all a trick. Harry is just whacked out on goblin juice again and is using tech to everything. Clones, nanotechnology I don’t know but all the hell and magic is a trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Gonna say it now all the magic is fake. All the hell imagey sin eater coming back from the dead it’s all a trick. Harry is just whacked out on goblin juice again and is using tech to everything. Clones, nanotechnology I don’t know but all the hell and magic is a trick.
    I don't think so otherwise Doctor Strange would probably know, there's some preview pages that have Spidey flying through some weird Ditkoesque other dimensions so I think it's as advertised if it doesn't get called out by Strange this issue.

You kinda sound like JJ .

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't think so otherwise Doctor Strange would probably know, there's some preview pages that have Spidey flying through some weird Ditkoesque other dimensions so I think it's as advertised if it doesn't get called out by Strange this issue.
    Strange also called throwing Norman to Sin Eater to be like a deal with the devil, doubt he'd say something like that if it wasn't magic related.

Astonishing Member

With Mysterio as his ally and Harry's own track record, this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Fantastic Member

Spencer going full Kojima would quite the twist.

But yeah, I think Strange would immediately pick up if it wasnt real demonic powers, the fact we know Spidey is gonna duke it out on a astral level with Kindred in #51 also makes it unlikely theres no magic involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You kinda sound like JJ .

Strange also called throwing Norman to Sin Eater to be like a deal with the devil, doubt he'd say something like that if it wasn't magic related.
    Are we sure that that’s what Strange was talking about when he made the statement about the “deal with the devil”? That just seems like such a blatant reference to OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Spencer going full Kojima would quite the twist.
    Where's the bad dialogue to be a proper full Kojima?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Are we sure that that’s what Strange was talking about when he made the statement about the “deal with the devil”? That just seems like such a blatant reference to OMD.
    While specifically calling it "deal with the devil" sounds more like an OMD reference, in context what they're talking about is Peter throwing Norman to Sin Eater, which Peter said he did it to save lives, and Strange replies with "Whether it was to save lives or not, you made a deal with a demonic entity", so yeah, they're specifically talking about Sin Eater.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Where's the bad dialogue to be a proper full Kojima?

While specifically calling it "deal with the devil" sounds more like an OMD reference, in context what they're talking about is Peter throwing Norman to Sin Eater, which Peter said he did it to save lives, and Strange replies with "Whether it was to save lives or not, you made a deal with a demonic entity", so yeah, they're specifically talking about Sin Eater.
    Peter: Such a lust for revenge whooooo?! .
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Peter: Such a lust for revenge whooooo?! .
    That, pretty much sums up the whole Kindred mystery LOL.

After Peter saved the other Spiders in the submarine, he should've said "We've managed to avoid drowning" .

Astonishing Member

Or it's