Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 51 Preview

Oh goody! I forgot to keep expecting previews for the next issue every week. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to read this!

"...since hell has plenty to do with this. Isn't that right Pete?"

Spencer keeps laying it on thick with with the hell / demon stuff. Either this is OMD related or it's getting to be an infuriating fake out.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-23-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Oh goody! I forgot to keep expecting previews for the next issue every week. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to read this!

"...since hell has plenty to do with this. Isn't that right Pete?"

Spencer keeps laying it on thick with with the hell / demon stuff. Either this is OMD related or it's getting to be an infuriating fake out.
    This has to be related to OMD. Marvel/Spencer can’t be this cruel with my heart. There are just way too many seeds being planted. Preview looks great and I’m loving that first page with Spidey swinging. Really miss these athletic Spider-Man shots displaying his agility. Anyway can’t wait for this issue.

Hoping Spencer can keep this momentum going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This has to be related to OMD. Marvel/Spencer can’t be this cruel with my heart. There are just way too many seeds being planted. Preview looks great and I’m loving that first page with Spidey swinging. Really miss these athletic Spider-Man shots displaying his agility. Anyway can’t wait for this issue.

Hoping Spencer can keep this momentum going.
    With all the stuff he did, would it really be weird if pre-OMD Harry ended up in Hell for his sins regardless of OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    With all the stuff he did, would it really be weird if pre-OMD Harry ended up in Hell for his sins regardless of OMD?
    The only issue I would have with Harry being sent to hell if this is “Pre OMD” Harry is that his last act was a heroic one. That has to count for something. He always seemed more like a tortured soul instead of his father who was just flat out evil. Still need to have some confirmation as to whether or not SSM 200 is even still canon after OMD.

This cover is so great! An instant classic if You ask me.

I'd like Last Remains to link to OMD, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

By the way, the way Pete talks about Silk and her power makes no sense. They may have been bitten by the same spider, but Spider-Man has years of experience in combat ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    This cover is so great! An instant classic if You ask me.

I'd like Last Remains to link to OMD, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

By the way, the way Pete talks about Silk and her power makes no sense. They may have been bitten by the same spider, but Spider-Man has years of experience in combat ...
    Oh yeah, remember when Cindy came out of the bunker and was almost immediately somehow as good and skilled as Peter was without any of the experience? Good times .

Fantastic Member

Harry didn't really do anything to land him in hell, nor get to the point he'd be now as Kindred, so something had to happen between his death and now (OMD seems like the big one) to get him to that point.

How horrible would it be if all the people Mephisto "replaced" in OMD actually had their original souls or a part of theirs sent to hell? In that regard, it would make sense that Harry would be the one to let loose in a plot of revenge at Parker for doing so.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 10-23-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, remember when Cindy came out of the bunker and was almost immediately somehow as good and skilled as Peter was without any of the experience? Good times .
    Certainly do. I HATE Silk. HATE!
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 10-23-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I'll interpret this as Peter overrating other people and underrating himself, he does that sometimes lol.

I wish she was only as good as Peter back during Slott's run, 'cause it'd mean she'd be wack at combat, but he outright made her look way better than him while he looked like an amateur.

I'm wondering though, Kindred tells Peter to say his name, and those last two panels have Peter's body language looking like he's hesitating to say something... I might be wrong, but I think maybe Peter figured out it's Harry behind all of this, but doesn't want to say it out loud, and since Kindred is asking Peter to say his name, maybe he knows that Peter knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'll interpret this as Peter overrating other people and underrating himself, he does that sometimes lol.

I wish she was only as good as Peter back during Slott's run, 'cause it'd mean she'd be wack at combat, but he outright made her look way better than him while he looked like an amateur.

I'm wondering though, Kindred tells Peter to say his name, and those last two panels have Peter's body language looking like he's hesitating to say something... I might be wrong, but I think maybe Peter figured out it's Harry behind all of this, but doesn't want to say it out loud, and since Kindred is asking Peter to say his name, maybe he knows that Peter knows...
    I think that deep down Peter suspects something but won't admit it until he sees undeniable prove.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

i mean she was watching replays of his fights plus this is comics like harley quinn beat superman batman and wonder woman s literally anything is possible
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i mean she was watching replays of his fights plus this is comics like harley quinn beat superman batman and wonder woman s literally anything is possible
    That's not necessarily the best example...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that deep down Peter suspects something but won't admit it until he sees undeniable prove.
    Yeah, Norman managed to tell who Kindred was after just seeing him, something like that might've happened with Peter too.

Also, just realized that Kindred never said the name "Kindred" to Norman, Norman just learned of it off-screen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Watching something and learning how to fight that well are two very different things, even if she practiced in the bunker, and it's not because we have a crappily written moment like that one you listed that they should become the norm lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-23-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Batman Begins 2005;5202021]Certainly do. I HATE Silk. HATE![/QUOTE

I am with you. I have said time and time again how much I hate Silk. There is not a single thing I like about her. How much? Compared to her Sins Past is the Master Planner Saga.