Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 51 Preview

Oh goody! I forgot to keep expecting previews for the next issue every week. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to read this!

"...since hell has plenty to do with this. Isn't that right Pete?"

Spencer keeps laying it on thick with with the hell / demon stuff. Either this is OMD related or it's getting to be an infuriating fake out.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-23-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Oh goody! I forgot to keep expecting previews for the next issue every week. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to read this!

"...since hell has plenty to do with this. Isn't that right Pete?"

Spencer keeps laying it on thick with with the hell / demon stuff. Either this is OMD related or it's getting to be an infuriating fake out.
    This has to be related to OMD. Marvel/Spencer can’t be this cruel with my heart. There are just way too many seeds being planted. Preview looks great and I’m loving that first page with Spidey swinging. Really miss these athletic Spider-Man shots displaying his agility. Anyway can’t wait for this issue.

Hoping Spencer can keep this momentum going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This has to be related to OMD. Marvel/Spencer can’t be this cruel with my heart. There are just way too many seeds being planted. Preview looks great and I’m loving that first page with Spidey swinging. Really miss these athletic Spider-Man shots displaying his agility. Anyway can’t wait for this issue.

Hoping Spencer can keep this momentum going.
    With all the stuff he did, would it really be weird if pre-OMD Harry ended up in Hell for his sins regardless of OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    With all the stuff he did, would it really be weird if pre-OMD Harry ended up in Hell for his sins regardless of OMD?
    The only issue I would have with Harry being sent to hell if this is “Pre OMD” Harry is that his last act was a heroic one. That has to count for something. He always seemed more like a tortured soul instead of his father who was just flat out evil. Still need to have some confirmation as to whether or not SSM 200 is even still canon after OMD.

This cover is so great! An instant classic if You ask me.

I'd like Last Remains to link to OMD, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

By the way, the way Pete talks about Silk and her power makes no sense. They may have been bitten by the same spider, but Spider-Man has years of experience in combat ...

Astonishing Member

The only issue I would have with Harry being sent to hell if this is “Pre OMD” Harry is that his last act was a heroic one. That has to count for something. He always seemed more like a tortured soul instead of his father who was just flat out evil. Still need to have some confirmation as to whether or not SSM 200 is even still canon after OMD.
    Would it really count? Don't sins alway weigh more than good deeds?

Mighty Member

Why does everyone forget Life Theft/Pursuit? That was super messed up!

I don't think Marvel's rules for who goes to Hell are particularly set in stone (nor should they be), and I think it's probably a bad road to go down to tie acts done while mentally ill to eternal damnation, but I think the "good" side of Harry's ledger is somewhat meager and somewhat circumstantial*, too, so I don't think it's necessarily wrong to think the balance of his life gets him sent to Hell**.

As to Kindred's line that "Hell's got plenty to do with this," I think on balance that hints towards LR ending w/Peter knowing about his and MJ's deal with Mephisto, but that's hardly something I'm 100% on. Harry could have merely meant, "Pete knows I'm Harry and I'm a demon from Hell" (although I feel like I'm grasping a bit to make that argument). As a piece of reckless speculation, I think Spencer pays enough attention to detail that the marriage being traded for Aunt May's life*** will be a critical component of whatever Harry's endgame is. Whether that's revealing everything to Peter and letting him re-choose, or giving Pete and MJ the chance to restore their marriage w/o realizing that May dies when they say yes, I can't say, but I do think May's life will hang in the balance again.

*Rescuing people from a death trap you designed and put them in is a real mixed bag, morally

**I like the character, and think he's incredibly interesting, so this isn't a hater comment - I'm just saying in a mostly undetermined afterlife system, it's not hard to see the argument that his life didn't earn him a Heaven.

***I remain flummoxed by those that think that Mephisto "beat" Peter. Peter and MJ made a choice they may regret on finding out about it, but this wasn't even one of those tricky Faustian bargains where some horrible other thing happened in the fine print (at least as far as we know - Harry's resurrection certainly could have been a knock on effect, but that's wild conjecture).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm