Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16
    Spectacular Member Pattern_Maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Where are you guys getting Peter said Cindy was stronger than him? All he said is that she was packing twice the punch. That makes sense since she's possessed by Kindred and is trying to kill him.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, Norman managed to tell who Kindred was after just seeing him, something like that might've happened with Peter too.

    Also, just realized that Kindred never said the name "Kindred" to Norman, Norman just learned of it off-screen lol.



    Watching something and learning how to fight that well are two very different things, even if she practiced in the bunker, and it's not because we have a crappily written moment like that one you listed that they should become the norm lol.
    I mean she lacks the experience same with Peter when he started but it didnt take him long to fight villians. Plus he still needed to train cause Shang chi taught him his own fighting style but thats current so Peter literally had no experience and he is doing fine. Like in comics how long does it really take for the heroes to handle villains?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Where are you guys getting Peter said Cindy was stronger than him? All he said is that she was packing twice the punch. That makes sense since she's possessed by Kindred and is trying to kill him.
    yeah Peter only has her beat in strength but she does everything else better
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean she lacks the experience same with Peter when he started but it didnt take him long to fight villians. Plus he still needed to train cause Shang chi taught him his own fighting style but thats current so Peter literally had no experience and he is doing fine. Like in comics how long does it really take for the heroes to handle villains?
    I'm just saying it doesn't really reflect well on your main hero when a newbie for one reason or another has a shorter and less involved learning curve than you did.

  5. #20
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just saying it doesn't really reflect well on your main hero when a newbie for one reason or another has a shorter and less involved learning curve than you did.
    I mean newer generation surpasses the older one a quote from Naruto applies here. We got Ms.Marvel and her Champions probably doing more stuff than what Peter handle as a teen.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    The only issue I would have with Harry being sent to hell if this is “Pre OMD” Harry is that his last act was a heroic one. That has to count for something. He always seemed more like a tortured soul instead of his father who was just flat out evil. Still need to have some confirmation as to whether or not SSM 200 is even still canon after OMD.
    Would it really count? Don't sins alway weigh more than good deeds?

  7. #22
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    I wonder if there will be some kind of symmetry between Harry & Peter...maybe Harry has similarly made a deal with the devil?

  8. #23
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I wonder if there will be some kind of symmetry between Harry & Peter...maybe Harry has similarly made a deal with the devil?
    Woah, that's one I never thought of...though how could Harry blame Peter if he did the same? Interesting idea though.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Woah, that's one I never thought of...though how could Harry blame Peter if he did the same? Interesting idea though.
    Villains are often hypocritical. It comes with the territory.

  10. #25
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Woah, that's one I never thought of...though how could Harry blame Peter if he did the same? Interesting idea though.
    never understimate the power of a "fuck them, and fuck me too" mentality, i know because i am extremely powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Guy
    There are creatures science refuses to recognize...but if new technology makes us question what is real...If OUR EYES SEE IT...IF OUR CAMERAS CAPTURE IT...DOES IT EXIST? ENTER A REALM WHERE FACT meets FICTION....SCIENCE meets LEGEND...WHERE NIGHTMARES COME TO LIFE...DO YOU BELIEVE?"

  11. #26
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,741

    Default

    cindy can defeat petey because spider-man likes the idea of a woman as powerful as him beating him up and pinning him down
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Guy
    There are creatures science refuses to recognize...but if new technology makes us question what is real...If OUR EYES SEE IT...IF OUR CAMERAS CAPTURE IT...DOES IT EXIST? ENTER A REALM WHERE FACT meets FICTION....SCIENCE meets LEGEND...WHERE NIGHTMARES COME TO LIFE...DO YOU BELIEVE?"

  12. #27
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean newer generation surpasses the older one a quote from Naruto applies here. We got Ms.Marvel and her Champions probably doing more stuff than what Peter handle as a teen.
    Cindy is the same age as Peter though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    cindy can defeat petey because spider-man likes the idea of a woman as powerful as him beating him up and pinning him down
    ...What does this say about his relationship with Felicia and MJ :P?

  13. #28
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Im, thinking this has sometime to do with OMD,Doctor Strange and Mary Jane

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Where are you guys getting Peter said Cindy was stronger than him? All he said is that she was packing twice the punch. That makes sense since she's possessed by Kindred and is trying to kill him.
    A bit after that he says "On a normal day Silk can go toe to toe with me.", which, again, I interpret this as him overrating her and underrating himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean she lacks the experience same with Peter when he started but it didnt take him long to fight villians. Plus he still needed to train cause Shang chi taught him his own fighting style but thats current so Peter literally had no experience and he is doing fine. Like in comics how long does it really take for the heroes to handle villains?
    Peter has been fighting for at least 10 years, Cindy hasn't been around for that long, and Spidey is pointed out to be pretty good at fighting with enough feats to back that up, so Cindy just being on the same level as him can be questionable, specially when we have shit like how easily Felicia kicked her ass in hew own comic, showing her inexperience lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...What does this say about his relationship with Felicia and MJ :P?
    Not sure MJ counts, Spidey did some web based BDSM on her once

  15. #30
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Peter has been fighting for at least 10 years, Cindy hasn't been around for that long, and Spidey is pointed out to be pretty good at fighting with enough feats to back that up, so Cindy just being on the same level as him can be questionable, specially when we have shit like how easily Felicia kicked her ass in hew own comic, showing her inexperience lol.
    Yeah, in her actual solo book she felt more reasonably depicted power-wise for someone who was just starting out without coming off as a total rookie (even though she kinda was).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •