Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Anyone a fan of Clownhunter?

Or is just too early to decide?

At the moment - he’s one of the most exciting wild cards of Tynions runs.

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I think he could be cool, I do kinda feel like his role could've fit a dark turn for Duke or one of his Robins because he feels like he comes from the We are Robin era/vibe but just with more murder; i like him enough, regardless. I would love for him and Duke to link up (like I said, he seems like he would fit nicely in his Robin era) because don't want him to only be with Batman, solo, or nowhere at all. I would like to see him grow and mature, I don't want him to be wasted in obscurity or to end up half-hearted wallpaper.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm really excited to see where he goes these next few issues, I think we need to see some good development with his character in the next arc of Batman and the upcoming annual if Tynion hopes to make him a mainstay character in the extended batfam.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Or is just too early to decide?

At the moment - he’s one of the most exciting wild cards of Tynions runs.
    Bao has managed to work his way to intriguing to me, too, with loads of prospects for such a new character in such a very short span of actual time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think he could be cool, I do kinda feel like his role could've fit a dark turn for Duke or one of his Robins because he feels like he comes from the We are Robin era/vibe but just with more murder; i like him enough, regardless. I would love for him and Duke to link up (like I said, he seems like he would fit nicely in his Robin era) because don't want him to only be with Batman, solo, or nowhere at all. I would like to see him grow and mature, I don't want him to be wasted in obscurity or to end up half-hearted wallpaper.
    Agree with this. He really does feel like he came from the We Are Robin era and generation of characters, albeit with a darker, more punishing and fatalistic bent. Probably because of how much Joker War parallels Endgame with a side of We Are Robin in the first place. And the opportunities him and Duke interacting would bring would be worth it on their own.

I also agree that I don't want him to fade into limbo or wallpaper. I feel they got a good new thing going here with Clownhunter.

The simple act of him going after Harley is a big plus in my book.

Still early. First impression is interesting look, but redundant. They been spinning their wheels with Red Hood for so long now i guess they seem to have forgotten about him, and now here's Clownhunter with a similar motiff. Whatever though. I just hope they don't get too caught up in glorifying him that they forget he's a serial killer.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-25-2020 at 02:54 PM.

I like him but don't love him yet. He has a similar problem to Duke and Harper. They are all good characters but the Batfamily is pretty crowded so they might've been better off with Green Arrow. There's less competition and less chance of redundancy.

A more specific problem is he's built around a specific goal he can't have- Kill the Joker. I agreed with Mutant God when they said its more likely he's gonna die by Punchline's hand which could still happen.

I am curious what would happen if he does kill the Joker...

I like the theory of him being the Red X of Future State. It doesn't have to happen but I'll be excited if it did.

I suggested him being retconned as former member of We are Robin. Its an easy one to make as there were 100+ members and we only met 15-20 of them. He and Duke don't have to have known each other back then but having them find out they were both in the same group would be interesting.

He should meet Riko tho, they could be foils for Duke and Izzy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-26-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Still early. First impression is interesting look, but redundant. They been spinning their wheels with Red Hood for so long now i guess they seem to have forgotten about him, and now here's Clownhunter with a similar motiff. Whatever though. I just hope they don't get too caught up in glorifying him that they forget he's a serial killer.
    In fairness, his actions during Joker War were less 'serial killer' and more defending his home while legitimate law enforcement was entangled (ugh, God that was stupid) by any means possible.

Though I'm sure he'll get there

A lot of serial killers find reasons to justify their murders, still murder though. Even if they are bad people he's murdering.

You know people can like characters while being completely aware they're flawed?

Ultimate Member

A lot of serial killers find reasons to justify their murders, still murder though. Even if they are bad people he's murdering.
    Again, during Joker War, Clownhunter was defending people. The 'allow the proper authorities to handle it' doesn't fly when the cops themselves weren't doing anything (even for comics, that breaks suspension of disbelief).

His actions during the Joker War may have been brutal, but they were justified as he was defending himself and others. Afterwards, not so much...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A fan is a bit much, but he's a logical response to Joker keeps escalating, so I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Again, during Joker War, Clownhunter was defending people. The 'allow the proper authorities to handle it' doesn't fly when the cops themselves weren't doing anything (even for comics, that breaks suspension of disbelief).

His actions during the Joker War may have been brutal, but they were justified as he was defending himself and others. Afterwards, not so much...
    Agreed, Joker War was basically the purge. There were no "lawful" orgs like the Gotham PD protecting people so clownhunter had to step in.