Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood Outlaw #50 Preview/Discussion

https://graphicpolicy.com/2020/10/23...outlaw-50/amp/

And here it is, the final issue of Lobdell's 9 years run. And just from the preview, I'm already loving the callbacks.

nice to see Jason still using those wing blades. Man this is wild, I've only known Red Hood as an Outlaw (N52 to now) so this era come to a close is really hitting different right about now. I ain't ready for this ngl.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I will never not like this look for Bizarro.

When exactly is this story taking place? Bizarro is still there but Artemis has already returned to her Rebirth look.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The end of an era.

I only picked this book up during Rebirth because of the praise I heard for Soy's outstanding art and the Dark Trinity concept, which was pretty good. Dropped it after 25 when Artemis and Bizarro left and I picked it up when they returned. I'll be that guy. I don't like that look on Bizarro.

Even so, looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up. It seems Artemis and Bizarro are absent in following solicits so sadly I don't think a lot from this run will stick.

It is depressing that they remove the outlaws, I do not think I will continue to buy the series, the new approach that they are going to give it does not look interesting, I feel very forced and that they remove Artemis and dc has made fun of ArtJay all this time which was what that the fans expected.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Guess this means Biz’s reign as the king of hell was a short one. Well, if this really is the last time we’ll see the Outlaws together than I’m glad both Biz & Artemis will be there to get one final “goodbye” and provide some closure before moving onto the next era.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

that wing blades is way overdrawn
    I thought the original design is complicated enough, made by Rocafort, but this one's out there

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Glad to see Lobdell leaving DC finally, but I am going to miss this unexpected trio. I'm sad the next writer won't them together, but hopefully since it's a fill in, if it relaunches in March we get these guys back together.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I do not think we're meant to take the events in those pages as being literal. The whole sequence is pretty much a panel by panel recreation of the final pages of RHATO #1 with Artemis and Bizarro replacing Kori and Roy, to not mention Furlan's hospital room being within the hundree acres of all

They are not together this is before Biz stayed in hell������

Despite his inconsistencies, Lobdell was one of the few writers who gave Jason a growth (Judd Winick do it great in lost days), he made things interesting despite the fact that he left a lot floating, Willis alive, Solitary was a very wasted villain, Ma Gunn as Jason's grandmother and the best ArtJay.
    I don't think in the future buy the Red Hood new series, I'm very disappointed with the lack of continuity and the new characters that will come, it all feels very forced. I'm angry for making scoff about ArtJay and I definitely don't like Isabel, she's a very insipid character.

My heart is broken because Jason is my favorite character in all the comics, but it is too much disappointment after disappointment with how they write Jason, only his death, the clown as if it determines everything in his life, as powder for the family and I don't know Deciding if he is a hero, antihero or villain, in Pennywort Rip and Nightwing 74 they fought fervently to make him look like an idiot. His series was the only thing that really raised him and I doubt that the next one will focus on him, I think it will have a more social tinge with respect to what is happening in the USA.

Goodbye to the Outlaws, goodbye DC. Hello Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Glad to see Lobdell leaving DC finally, but I am going to miss this unexpected trio. I'm sad the next writer won't them together, but hopefully since it's a fill in, if it relaunches in March we get these guys back together.
    Please have the voice of a fortune teller. That would be great, the trio with a new writer giving it good continuity.
    I heard a rumor that Willis would be taken alive, but I don't know about Biz and Art.

Since it's the end of the Outlaws era, I decided to pick it up.

Overall, it was decent. Some good stuff, some bad and some are seriously confusing (but that's on me since I haven't keep up with the series). The finale wasn't anything spectacular, but I did like the commentary at the end.

Anyway, I'm glad that it is finally over and I look forward to a new promising era with Red Hood.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-27-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

This was my first Red Hood run enjoy it alot my only gripe was the whole training the next generation of villains felt like it ruin the flow of the book besides that I look forward to more Jason Run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Overall, I enjoyed it. Some editorial stuff certainly screwed with the flow of the story and rushed a number of things, but its not the worst end to an era.